Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
I did not get offered 35% off in my email. My trips were april29-May 5th canceled.

Rebooked june1-7 free dining recovery canceled

Rebooked aug 23-39th (fun and sun) 25% off room only because free dining recovery not offered.

I would love to get 35% off if we can swing a trip for next year, but it wasn’t offered to me😢

I did not get offered 35% off in my email. My trips were april29-May 5th canceled.

Rebooked june1-7 free dining recovery canceled

Rebooked aug 23-39th (fun and sun) 25% off room only because free dining recovery not offered.

I would love to get 35% off if we can swing a trip for next year, but it wasn’t offered to me😢
August 23-39th-the longest month of the year ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry and I feel your pain after 3+ closure cancellations :(

Me too! I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I need two things to happen: 1) I need them to extend my AP, which expired almost two months ago, but would exactly cover my July trip if extended and 2) I need to be able to drop the tickets. I don’t see why these things would not happen, but I don’t want to make assumptions.
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to take tickets off and let us keep the room. Fingers crossed!

Andd I hope the AP extensions go smoothly. Mine expires 7/8.

I think if we drop the tickets, it would be a ticketless package, and the cancellation rules would remain the same.

but if all we are getting now is a room, no tickets, no dining, what makes it a package?

Was booked May 17- 23 for my daughters graduation from collage
rebooked June 7th - 13th recovery Dining, email about being canceled no discount offer.
Rebooked for Sept 13th - 19th full price>:( no email

but if all we are getting now is a room, no tickets, no dining, what makes it a package?
It would be a ticketless package with only the room.

If you want a room-only with those cancellation fees, they would have to cancel your current booking and make a new one. I don't think anyone knows what kind of options we would have, but I would imagine modifying would be more likely than rebooking.

It would be a ticketless package with only the room.

If you want a room-only with those cancellation fees, they would have to cancel your current booking and make a new one. I don't think anyone knows what kind of options we would have, but I would imagine modifying would be more likely than rebooking.

My suggestion to anyone who finds themselves with the 35% off room offer but does not need or want the tickets anymore - when you call in to WDW (or if you are working with a TA), ask them if you can keep your room as a "basic package" and keep the 35% promo without the tickets. A "basic package" is a room-only reservation under package terms and conditions. If the CM you are speaking with doesn't know what this is or how to do it, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services. I cannot guarantee this will work as, at the moment, we can't even modify reservations and I don't know if they are still going to require a ticket purchase to qualify for the new 35% off, however, it may be a work-around so there is not cancel-re-book situation.

We also received word from our TA that "in all likelihood your resort will be changed." We are currently at CSR. With a 35% room discount and a move to a DVC resort we will happily keep this trip. May just be a lower key trip from previous ones, a change my husband will likely be thrilled about lol

My husband jokingly calls my Disney agendas the "forced march of death", so he will be thrilled for a less scheduled trip too :)

My suggestion to anyone who finds themselves with the 35% off room offer but does not need or want the tickets anymore - when you call in to WDW (or if you are working with a TA), ask them if you can keep your room as a "basic package" and keep the 35% promo without the tickets. A "basic package" is a room-only reservation under package terms and conditions. If the CM you are speaking with doesn't know what this is or how to do it, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services. I cannot guarantee this will work as, at the moment, we can't even modify reservations and I don't know if they are still going to require a ticket purchase to qualify for the new 35% off, however, it may be a work-around so there is not cancel-re-book situation.

Thanks for the suggestion. My situation is I would like to only drop the ticket for me and not DS. I have an AP he doesn't.

Thanks for the suggestion. My situation is I would like to only drop the ticket for me and not DS. I have an AP he doesn't.
That, you cannot do and keep it as a basic/ticketless package because everyone on the package must have the same tickets. The only way to do that is to cancel the package and rebook as room only. I’m hoping it will be possible too, but given that all modifications and new bookings are frozen right now, it’s hard to know. When is your trip?

I'm guessing the 35% off for future stays is for people that were booked up until July 11th and won't be able to take their vacations. People booked after the opening date, just have their booked vacation adjusted by 35%.
I hope this is true, we are booked June 28-July 4 and hope that they are not offering us 35% for those dates which would only allow for resort stay (not actual park visits).

That, you cannot do and keep it as a basic/ticketless package because everyone on the package must have the same tickets. The only way to do that is to cancel the package and rebook as room only. I’m hoping it will be possible too, but given that all modifications and new bookings are frozen right now, it’s hard to know. When is your trip?

September 27 - October 2. I have the recovery FD package. I knew I was getting an extra ticket when I booked so I am not upset if I have it again when they convert to the 35% room discount.

September 27 - October 2. I have the recovery FD package. I knew I was getting an extra ticket when I booked so I am not upset if I have it again when they convert to the 35% room discount.
At least when you have the the recovery FD you only needed to buy a two day ticket with an AP. The regular FD crowd had to book a minimum of four day tickets.

We are scheduled June 5-13... still haven’t gotten an email or anything. We call every day and get nowhere. It’s frustrating since we will need to reschedule hotels on way down and up. I don’t know when we will be a priority. Ugh.

At least when you have the the recovery FD you only needed to buy a two day ticket with an AP. The regular FD crowd had to book a minimum of four day tickets.
Yes, with the recovery you only needed to purchase a two-day base ticket . Also, the ticket did not need to have the park hopper option, so if you had an annual pass -- it was not too bad of an offer.

Did anyone notice that ticket with use dates from the closure period are extended from December 15, 2020 to September 26, 2021? Does anyone know how to use an annual pass instead of dated tickets? I have both and would like to save the tickets with the new expiration date, if my annual pass is extended to the dates for my next trip in September.

Yes, with the recovery you only needed to purchase a two-day base ticket . Also, the ticket did not need to have the park hopper option, so if you had an annual pass -- it was not too bad of an offer.
It was a great deal if you had an AP! Minimum output of money for free food. :)

Did anyone notice that ticket with use dates from the closure period are extended from December 15, 2020 to September 26, 2021? Does anyone know how to use an annual pass instead of dated tickets? I have both and would like to save the tickets with the new expiration date, if my annual pass is extended to the dates for my next trip in September.
Some people create new names in their acount and transfer their tickets under the new names for the time being and transfer them back when they want to use them. I’ve not done this myself, but many do and this is what I would do now if I had tickets and an AP.

You can also go to guest services before you enter a park and ask them to prioritize your tickets to use the AP. But that’s not always foolproof. I’ve done that in the past and have had a ticket used instead of my AP. It was a pain in the butt to get that fixed.

I’ve also had guest services pull the tickets right out of MDE and put them on hard tickets. But losing them could be an issue and I’m not sure they’d still do that anymore.

I'm sincerely hoping I'll be able to have the tickets taken off since I do not need them with an AP and I'm no longer getting free dining. While you'd think they'd allow this, I'm not terribly confident they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter