Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
I wanted to start a thread to keep track of those of us booked with a Free Dining offer. Please post your dates, resorts and whether you have received any emails with new offer. Also, if you were allowed to modify the offer (change resorts, reduce or extend dates, drop tickets, reduce tickets, etc.).

I found interesting that some received an automated email last night about the cancellation of FP, ADRs and DDPs, but I don't think the FD people got it.

Also, the poll is set to "allow to change your answer." So, if you indicate you haven't received anything, but get an email, you can come back here and change your answer in the poll.

I'll start:
July 18 - 26
Poly
Free Dining Bounceback
No emails of any kind yet.

Edit May 29:
Just got the email! 35% the room portion of our package:

“As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.”

Edit May 31st:
My package was changed in MDE from Free Dining to: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package.

The 35% has been applied to the room portion.

Still unsure if those of us with APs that expired during the closing will be able to be extended and whether they will cover the initial reopening and if we will be able to remove the tickets, or at least reduce them. I have a 9-day PH Plus per person, so fairly expensive tickets. If I can at least reduce them to 2-day base, that will be a huge savings...

Edit June 3rd:
It’s been reported that if you have an active Free Dining reservation pre-July 11, you’ll be able to get a 35% off room discount at a later time:

Last edited:
July 5-17
POP
Booked Free Dining offer Jan 2
Received 35% off room portion of current stay

Last edited:

September 27-October 2
Sports
Recovery Offer Free Dining
No email yet

Sept 7-12
Beach Club
Summer Free Dining Offer
email cancelling ADRs but not reservation or dining plan

Aug 4 - 11
Pop Century
Recovery Offer Free Dining (upgraded to Regular Dining Plan versus the free QS)
No email yet

Keep in mind that at this point, Disney has merely proposed a plan for reopening to the county and state governments. As of late yesterday, it had still not been approved by the state.

I wouldn't expect Disney to be taking any action on reservations until they receive approval. There's no point in it.

bounce back offer w/ free dining
Sept 12 - 20
I didn't receive and email and the trip is booked in my name but my cousin that was going with me did.

July 25-August 1
All-Star Movies
Recover Free Dining (upgraded to regular from QS)
No email offer

Also no email on cancelled ADRs. Actually, no email from Disney at all this week.

ETA: Surname S, first ADR July 25 at Sanaa for dinner.

Last edited:
Early September
Beach club
booked during January offer, free standard dining upgraded to DxDP

My husband has a few ADR’s on his MDE
And he got the generic email. I’ve got the package on mine and have gotten no email

Adding the extra info— surname is S and first ADR is September 7 breakfast at Topolino’s terrace

July 12-19 @ POP Bounceback FD
No emails
ADR's still showing
FP still showing
Surname C First ADR July 13 @ Be Our Guest

Sept 7-12 January free DDP offer - Pop
Booked through Dreams Unlimited, wonder if they go the email to pass along to me? I know my TA is having personal Covid-19 related issues so she might not be around to see it?
Surname D - ADR 9/10/20 no email about that either

August 8-11
Recovery free dining, upgraded to DDP
Port Orleans Riverside
No emails generic or otherwise
Nothing removed from MDE at this point

I spoke with my TA last night. She seems to think that from the language used in the info she got that the 35% off is for a future stay.

I'm pretty upset by this. I wanted to make this trip happen as our last AP trip. I think I'm still willing to go and pay rack rate if I cam ditch the tickets required for FD we don't need. If they don't allow me to take those off, we're definitely not going. TBH, this feels like the FD folks are getting a raw deal and I can't believe Disney is doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter