Are DVC "Perks" Really DVC Perks at All?

I'm not sure the rest of the Disney system can even see that you are White Card. Back in EMH, before Covid, I saw the screen where they scan your band to see where you are staying. It said your hotel, but it also said DVC. It seems like your band knows that you are DVC, but it doesn't know your class of DVC.

TOTW is still on there, and I doubt we will see that again. TOW and MM cost money, and DVC ain't spending. Not even giving a small discount on the Incredipass is an obvious example. Throwing $50 at it would have at least acted like they cared about the Blue Card.

There's no need to bring any of this back because they can market Blue Card with all this stuff and then say that they don't have to do any of it.

As fast as these new passes were rolled out, DVC likely wasn't even consulted. Remember, Gold Pass renewals and new Gold AP were still being sold through AP Guest Recovery a week before the change was announced. The new passes are noting more than a quickly implemented cash grab for the 50th.

As fast as these new passes were rolled out, DVC likely wasn't even consulted. Remember, Gold Pass renewals and new Gold AP were still being sold through AP Guest Recovery a week before the change was announced. The new passes are noting more than a quickly implemented cash grab for the 50th.

I guess you're saying you think DVC meant to discount the Incredipass and this is a misunderstanding? I'm not holding my breath for that one.

I guess you're saying you think DVC meant to discount the Incredipass and this is a misunderstanding? I'm not holding my breath for that one.
I'm saying the new passes were rolled out by WDW with no input from DVC at all, but knowing they had some sort of contract with DVD, included DVC in the ability to purchase the Sorcerers pass. Remember, DVC just changed leadership and those decisions were also being made at the same time.

this is all crazy to me - i didn't even know there was a blue card/white card thing... i've had my membership since 2005 and repurchased a few more points a few years later... i'm guessing that it's because i did all of this before all these rules came about so it didn't apply to us... i thought the only difference in buying straight from disney or thru a resale was the total amount of years you had on your "lease"... it's the way it should be - you own DVC interest, you should receive DVC perks - PERIOD.

this is all crazy to me - i didn't even know there was a blue card/white card thing... i've had my membership since 2005 and repurchased a few more points a few years later... i'm guessing that it's because i did all of this before all these rules came about so it didn't apply to us... i thought the only difference in buying straight from disney or thru a resale was the total amount of years you had on your "lease"... it's the way it should be - you own DVC interest, you should receive DVC perks - PERIOD.

Actually, the time left doesn’t change based on how you buy. Each resort has its own end date.

For example, SSR ends in 2054 for everyone, whether you bought it 10 years ago or buy it today.

Actually, the time left doesn’t change based on how you buy. Each resort has its own end date.

For example, SSR ends in 2054 for everyone, whether you bought it 10 years ago or buy it today.
I could be wrong but I think they mean that resale is less money in a way because you are buying it when there are less years left. It’s not like buying a new property direct where you have the entire contract of years to use.

I could be wrong but I think they mean that resale is less money in a way because you are buying it when there are less years left. It’s not like buying a new property direct where you have the entire contract of years to use.

Just wanted to be sure!

you own DVC interest, you should receive DVC perks - PERIOD

Except its not about owning DVC really. Its about Disney making a bunch of profit off you individually so they give you some benefit for giving them extra money instead of just buying cheaper contracts from others.

Right, that’s what i meant, actually (sorry) I was thinking new vs older, as I they would be if you purchased a resale most likely…

Well the After Hours parties are just money makers. Moonlight Magic is spending money. DVC sales numbers are down. They seem to be picking up, so they may return soon. Let’s not forget. These events cost a lot of money probably in the millions of dollars per event. They are renting the park for hours and they provided a free quick service meal.
after just spending a ridiculous about of money for a little 1,900 sq ft home I can tell you exactly why DVC sales are down. The home we bought was a vacation rental in a subdivision almost exclusively full of them. One of the first built 20 yrs ago. Now there are 4 homes in here that remain as such, and 2 of those are going on the market, while the other two remain dormant/vacant. In short, it's covid! OG owners are mainly in either South America, Britain, Germany, or the like. They haven't been able to use them or rent them in two yrs + so they started to sell them as the market here jumped. You are still hard pressed to find overseas travelers here as many countries have not lifted travel bands back and forth for leisure, and business is very restrictive.
It was getting a little better, and then Disney lifted many covid protocols, and USA is not requiring vaccines. We were pretty angry at the price we had to pay to live here, when we bought the house last March. Now... same house would sell for 50K more without doing any update save for appliances.
In fact, as winter approaches and covid makes a return, I expect DVC prices will drop or deals will show up so if you are thinking about buying from DVC. I'd wait until after the first of the year.

I expect DVC prices will drop or deals will show up so if you are thinking about buying from DVC. I'd wait until after the first of the year.

It would be a monumental shift. Disney reset the floor after opening back in July 2020. I would not expect prices to go down much (even with Discounts) and if for some strange reason there is any sort of dip it will be small which could be made up by renting out points that you would have lost if waiting to buy.

Example:
Buy now for December you pay for 3 months of MFs and get 2020 + 2021 points
Buy in January you save on 3 months of MFs but only get 2021 points

Rental prices will be around $13-$15 for your points easily. So after you saved your $1.75 on MFs you would have lost $11-$13/point worth of value which you could have rented out.

I own several resale contracts. I have a digital white card and have never been told "no" in a park when purchasing merchandise. They ask if I have DVC, I say I have this card, show them my white one on my phone, and they add the discount. I think all members get that discount at least. Disney even automatically adds it for me when I do the virtual checkout at world of Disney through MDE.

there have been a few times when they offered deals on some resorts, and perks and so forth, the last I believe was during the recession in 2007??? I could be wrong. But I remember we were doing ok, and seriously considered buying a few more and didn't. and one other time they had a add on deal, and we did buy 50 more points at that time for about 1.50 less a point I think.
between the economy here, and no travel but essential from almost every where due to our total lack of covid mitigation, sales are way down, except for us peeps picking up resale points here and there. Riviera maybe being the one exception, but who knows if that's true, or Disney hype???

between the economy here, and no travel but essential from almost every where due to our total lack of covid mitigation, sales are way down, except for us peeps picking up resale points here and there. Riviera maybe being the one exception, but who knows if that's true, or Disney hype???

DVC is actually doing "okay". Yes they are not setting records but its not terrible either especially with all the price increases and such they have done over the past year. The price increases likely were to help offset the softness in demand they were seeing.

Riviera is the "exception" but with it being the active resort it should be selling around 70-75% of the points (it was 65% in August). So in the end while DVC isn't blowing it out of the water they are trending correctly.

August Direct Sales (total points):
2021 139,809
2020 87,803
2019 174,899
2018 169,861
2017 203,204
2016 148,169
2015 100,947
2014 108,259

https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...ey-records-strong-direct-sales-in-august-2021

Simply speculation but maybe they aren't selling as much , as usual so the gates are open for all after price increases and such. Dollar is kin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter