Are DVC "Perks" Really DVC Perks at All?

bought fl res DVC member passes for 4 days before AP's went back on sale. Was told I would need to take my hard copy ( which I do anyway), my Driver license, to coverts to AP. and could only do it at parks or GS at DS. Get there handed him my paper, he took the number looked at my magic band info and that was done, No problem. didn't have to show a thing because DVC verified I was also a FL. resident. One more example of everyone you ask gives you a different answer on everything, and no one but management can fix anything.

bought fl res DVC member passes for 4 days before AP's went back on sale. Was told I would need to take my hard copy ( which I do anyway), my Driver license, to coverts to AP. and could only do it at parks or GS at DS. Get there handed him my paper, he took the number looked at my magic band info and that was done, No problem. didn't have to show a thing because DVC verified I was also a FL. resident. One more example of everyone you ask gives you a different answer on everything, and no one but management can fix anything.

Do you not have a FL license? You're saying that DVC made you a FL resident even though you don't have a FL license?

I'm sure that is correct. However, what a DUMB process that is. It would be a lot easier, simpler, accurate & consistent if all a CM had to do was input the Membership Number. The software looks up the membership and then sends back the response valid or not valid for discount/perk. It wouldn't matter which CM/Department is checking, and no one would have to rely on memory or training.

I know someone who just got back and they outlined that if you do the "mobile checkout" at the WDW stores you can actually buy AP merch without having an AP. So while they check your AP if you just do a normal checkout they don't do this if you checkout via the app and just pick up the merch.

They bought a pin even though they didn't have APs.

Just very strange. I understand issues occur but where does responsibility end regarding accurately marketing things? Can you say something is exclusive to buy Y but then never check that Y was ever purchased and give it to everyone? Seems to be an issue across Disney (so at least DVC isn't an outlier I guess ahhahaha)

I had contacted DVC simply to let them know if they want to sell to resale members that fine but then correct their website.

They responded to say only direct members can purchase to which I responded anyone right now can buy and activate the pass.

My issue right now is if it's not a direct benefit that's fine but let's get the website correctly showing the information and let's get the membership extras disclosure updated as well.

I contacted them via chat and basically said the same thing. I was told “this is Walt Disney Worlds policy” with no refuted statement that it’s supposed to be for blue card only. I was advised that I could provide addditional feedback via email so sent them an email, again saying they need to be consistent and transparent if this is the policy.

And also that I would appreciate a new membership extra if the key one has been removed and others haven’t returned. We would have happily had Polynesian as our home. We paid extra for Riviera, but why? If we were considering now, I’d have a hard time telling myself to buy direct.

Last edited:

What they SHOULD do is concede the entire idea was stupid and didn't work anyway and do away with the class system. It was just another early attempt at a money grab anyway. May as well call it exactly what it was. It didn't work. It's not going to work. Move on.

BTW and before anybody says it. I don't own a single solitary resale point. Not one.

In the past I have purchased the gold annual pass with the DVC discount. I loved having the photopass included with that annual pass. Does anyone know if the new DVC AP will have photopass included. I would have to purchase the Sorcerer pass. Heading down in December and need to purchase my pass so I can make park reservations.

In the past I have purchased the gold annual pass with the DVC discount. I loved having the photopass included with that annual pass. Does anyone know if the new DVC AP will have photopass included. I would have to purchase the Sorcerer pass. Heading down in December and need to purchase my pass so I can make park reservations.
No, they don’t include it anymore. It’s $99 to add it.

What they SHOULD do is concede the entire idea was stupid and didn't work anyway and do away with the class system. It was just another early attempt at a money grab anyway. May as well call it exactly what it was. It didn't work. It's not going to work. Move on.

BTW and before anybody says it. I don't own a single solitary resale point. Not one.
I do have part resale but mine are all grandfathered. I agree with you, I'd like to see this tiered membership system go away. I didn't think they needed it, resorts were selling out prior to the restrictions anyway. IMO people would be falling all over themselves to buy Riviera if not for that, its a beautiful resort. They shot themselves in the foot with that one.

In my opinion all these restrictions year after year whittle away at the "goodwill" value of the business. Do you think business people have forgotten that there's value in goodwill?

It's $99, but it looks like Photo Pass is working the same with Friends and Family, so you'd only need to buy one in your party.

Do you not have a FL license? You're saying that DVC made you a FL resident even though you don't have a FL license?
no where in my statement did I imply I was not a FL. resident. DVC has my address, has yours too if you are a dvc member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter