Are DVC "Perks" Really DVC Perks at All?

In 2054 we will loose SSR and in 2057 OKW. My BLT contract is good untill 2060, I will be old by then.
Once SSR is gone from the O17 resorts, and with all the resale restrictions, bookings at BLT, VGF, Poly, and CCV might get a lot easier........ but I'll be really old by then, probably past my WDW days.

Once SSR is gone from the O17 resorts, and with all the resale restrictions, bookings at BLT, VGF, Poly, and CCV might get a lot easier........ but I'll be really old by then, probably past my WDW days.

It will probably be harder because all those direct points from the new resorts will be able to join there while those resorts will be off limits to people buying now.

Is it possible that - although white card owners have reported being able to purchase Sorcerer AP vouchers - when they go to GS to exchange for real passes - they’ll be turned down…I’ve always had to present ID and my blue card at GS.
This is very likely and another situation of where, you won't know until you try it as CM are not consistent. It would be a true bummer though to get there and find out this is the truth.

There was never any mention of the DVC requirements on the Disney ticket page. The requirement is on the DVC benefits page and when you pick it up at GS. Same as all members living at the same address to get an Annual pass.

Last edited:
It always said dvc could buy Florida resident/gold pass even before it was renamed Florida resident/Sorcerer pass. It never said “direct” dvc. But it is only direct just as it was before.

Definitely an issue of CM not knowing what they are doing since this is happening only in person.

More power to brazzle not being upset if a white card pleb member got a pass discount, but I'd put money that the majority of The Blue Card Elite would be super pissed at having spent all that extra money for no reason if their main objective was to be able to get discounted passes.

DO NOT ENJOY BEING REFERENCED TO AS A PLEB!

When people call DVC directly they are saying no but ticking line is also allowing them by white card members. I bought a sorcerers pass at the gate this week. showed my white card... asked for a supervisor to check and he said of course you are eligible... i have met 50+ people this week that have bought vouchers online and activated with a white card with no issues at the gate.

i dont think this is a loop hole as theu would have closed it by now...

I suspect this is an error due to some MS personnel not being up to speed and actually asking if the member is entitled to member benefits. A problem is that if someone purchases over the phone that does not determine whether that person can actually get the pass. You get a voucher. The actual pass is provided when you first show up at a ticket booth at a park and for that you need to provide personal ID and DVC blue card. I suspect there is going to be some problems for non-blue card members who are purchasing the voucher at this time, including because the requirement for being entitled to membership extras is information publicly available to members. They may be unable to actually get the pass when they show up at the park, similar to a member's purchasing for another person in their group who cannot then prove same residence as the member when the party shows up to get the actual passes. Disney might honor the sales but it might choose not to and instead just refund the purchase price.

3 of my party activated vouchers bought from the website with white cards at the gate. asked to see card and ID and off they went. it's happening at every park gate. People are promoted into ticketing... it is not a place they put new cast members. they are usually the best trained on site outside of guest services.

If someone else is given the same discount as I am, it does not diminish the discount I receive. I do suspect, however, that it is a CM error and not policy, Disney is putting people where they need them without fully training them in the subtleties of who is supposed to be able to purchase them because they are so short of help. Just like a CM I spoke to while trying to get Thanksgiving week covered by a Gold Pass I purchased a few months ago, but have not yet activated, who flat out told me I could NOT have purchase a new AP voucher this year because they weren't being sold. Sadly lack of communication within the Walt Disney Company has been the norm for a few years, and it is getting worse.

Last edited:

It just cracks me up that when people complain about an AP perk disappearing, it's met with a chorus of "DVC doesn't control AP discounts, they can only ask. It's up to DPEP and the Ticketing division", and when someone gets a perk that some feel was unmerited, it is met with a chorus of "DVC says they aren't eligible so someone needs to tell ticketing they are not following the rules".:badpc:

If someone else is given the same discount as I am, it does not diminish the discount I receive.
No but if you overspent on direct points with the main reason for buying direct being to get that sweet sweet ap discount, wouldn’t you be at least a little pissed that someone who spent thousands less gets the same “perk”?

I get old dvc folks not being upset as most of this stuff is within the last few years but the family that bought in the past year? Yea I bet they’d be pissed.

No but if you overspent on direct points with the main reason for buying direct being to get that sweet sweet ap discount, wouldn’t you be at least a little pissed that someone who spent thousands less gets the same “perk”?

I get old dvc folks not being upset as most of this stuff is within the last few years but the family that bought in the past year? Yea I bet they’d be pissed.

Getting pissed off because somebody bought something for the same price that I did because they saved money on the price of their home is illogical.

Maybe I missed this clause:

"I swear to God that anybody that buys resale from now on will NEVER be entitled to ticket or merchandise discounts. So help us, the we don't have anything whatsoever to do with anything else other than timeshare selling division of Disney. "

Last edited:

In my view, it just makes the direct contract more valuable at resale.

Getting pissed off because somebody bought something for the same price that I did because they saved money on the price of their home is illogical.
I think the agument (which I am not making) is more akin to Chevrolet saying "In order to get a General Motors extended factory warranty, you must buy a certified pre-owned vehicle from a Chevrolet dealer", then GM turning around and saying "We are now offering extended factory warranties on all used vehicles, no matter the vehicle condition, service history, or seller".

Again, not my circus, not my monkeys. Just what I think the gist of the argument is.

I'm a blue card member. I'm not upset with spreading the pixie dust, but understand why some Blue Card members would be upset. It's like someone upgrading to Genie+ with their hard-earned money only to find that CM's are letting those who didn't upgrade onto the Lightning Lane ahead of them. Or a first time flyer getting an upgrade to first class when you, the "Elite" frequent flyer, are sitting in the cheap seats.

I'm just drawing these analogies so others will understand. I see it all the time on these boards - there is no need to criticize the other members for their emotions or for the pixie dust. What we should do is criticize Disney for creating all these classes and being inconsistent on who gets what.

How? I missed something.

Again. Those benefits don't move with the sale. That's the whole point.

If Disney has reverted to the previous policy of allowing resale DVC owners to purchase discounted annual passes, that just makes selling your contract (in the future) more valuable. It is just one more perk to entice first time buyers.

This is nothing new. For years, resale owners got full benefits. I own both resale and direct. I don't see this as a problem for direct purchasers.

I don't run DVD. Does DVD have to compensate Parks for every discounted annual pass sold? If so, someone is going to notice at some point.

And yes, I know, it's not really "discounted." But it effectively is discounted. A normal out-of-state customer would not get the opportunity to purchase a Sorcerer Pass. There's value and opportunity cost there.

It just cracks me up that when people complain about an AP perk disappearing, it's met with a chorus of "DVC doesn't control AP discounts, they can only ask. It's up to DPEP and the Ticketing division", and when someone gets a perk that some feel was unmerited, it is met with a chorus of "DVC says they aren't eligible so someone needs to tell ticketing they are not following the rules".:badpc:

That is true except if DVD put it out that it is supposed to be for blue card, then something is not clear between the divisions.

But, I agree, if DPEP wants to say we will offer to whomever, they can. Since the gold pass has only be available to blue card for 5 years, I’d be surprised to see they decided to change up the rules on DPEP side.

Regardless, if the CMs are giving it to white card holder, it’s their decision and if it is not supposed to be happening, it will be stopped at some point.

Instead of speculating that blue card direct DVC members all must be upset because white card resale members now can buy the same AP…why not ask here on the boards?

Hi, I bought direct this year and perks had nothing to do with my purchase. I could care less who gets an AP discount. Enjoy your year of vacations to WDW!

Since most direct purchasers don’t even follow resale trends or DVC news, I doubt they care.

Question for those white card holders who upgraded from hopper tix to sorcerer AP over the phone and received a voucher, did ticketing ask for your DVC number to get the voucher? If so, it would be hard for them not to honor it when they issued the voucher to your DVC number (which I assume is tied to white card status). They would have some complicity here and it should be hard to blame the DVC member upon redempton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter