April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto on health issues !! DH is also 3 years past prostate cancer. 2009 was quite a year for us.

Tell us more about the eggs and post pictures!!

Thanks for the well wishes. :goodvibes

Do you have the link for mini navigator information....I meant to add this to our celebrations and now cannot find it.

Egg info......Sure be glad to share, once I get that far!!!!!!!!!!! I am a wee bit running behind on preparations......:rotfl2:

How do I know the times and places we will meet at?

Geezers will meet at 10ish first night at Cove Cafe, after late dining is done. Corinna will put this in the navigator so we Geezers can look up when and where incase we forget.....which is likely! :lmao:

What Pins? :confused3

Geezer and GIT pins. Noel has agreed to bring these for our new members.

No, VAl. I don't have a copy but now that you mention it, I am def. going to try to get it. You never know and I think I should actually try to take it with me, just in case, you never know. If something happens the info on that report can make things easier for the crew.

Yes, I am hoping that he gets to open up and speak to others (particularly men) who have gone through this. Will give him a better understanding of what to expect based on other experiences.

A copy of this discharge summary would be very good to have with you. Will tell what happened to him, what they did and what meds, etc he was on at discharge.

Hey, that's me.....

Oh my.......

My DH had a "kid" razz him about not continuing to participate until I said that he had been in significant surgery and was only 6 weeks out. (This was 3 years ago). He has the scar to prove it. "Kid" was appropriately huhmbled and then impressed that DH was participaitng at all.

So what time is the scar meet and greet????:lmao:
Kidding....

So this is how you do it....:rotfl: I never knew...old dog, new tricks, milky bone :dogdance:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

We are with you as well.....GITs....:thumbsup2

Oh wait,, I get it....to become a Geezer you have to keep cruising.....:lmao:

Maybe we should as well......and what about Benita with the Geezer present!!!! She is soooo coool.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Yes, that is how you do it!! :laughing:

Thank you for the laughs and hugs this morning, DIS friends!! :cloud9: Took my mom to her PCP this morning and now it's off to cardiac rehab with Dennis. You were definately a bright spot in between. :grouphug::dance3:

Marty - boards won't let me post his boards name ****** posted a very cute Stitch, for the Fantasy. I just changed the text - thanks

6893267794_dd30c7cbd9_z.jpg

QUOTE=valbob89;44491338]Marty - boards won't let me post his boards name ****** posted a very cute Stitch, for the Fantasy. I just changed the text - thanks

6893267794_dd30c7cbd9_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OH !! MY !! GOODNESS !!
This is so cute!!

Going to print out some on photo paper and attach craft magnets to the back. (Low tech here :thumbsup2 )

Then I will stick them and Stephanie's new sign in the tote bag of cruise stuff. Some for my door and some to use as surprises as I walk :tiptoe: down the corridor..... :ssst:

No, VAl. I don't have a copy but now that you mention it, I am def. going to try to get it. You never know and I think I should actually try to take it with me, just in case, you never know. If something happens the info on that report can make things easier for the crew.

Yes, I am hoping that he gets to open up and speak to others (particularly men) who have gone through this. Will give him a better understanding of what to expect based on other experiences.

Hi, I have a master's degree in clinical cardiology and retired from being a manager of a cardiac rehab department.
I also had my aortic valve replaced 14 years ago.
So, I can relate to both sides.
While we are sailing the ocean blue, I would be honored to talk to anyone who has any concerns about their or their loved one's cardiac health.
Jennifer

Hi, I have a master's degree in clinical cardiology and retired from being a manager of a cardiac rehab department.
While we are sailing the ocean blue, I would be honored to talk to anyone who has any concerns about their or their loved one's cardiac health.
Jennifer

Jennifer, my DH would be very interested to talk to you, I just read him your message and he said would be great to hear another opinion about his problems.

Jennifer

Jennifer, my DH would be very interested to talk to you, I just read him your message and he said would be great to hear another opinion about his problems.

Lexa--he could start up a conversation with anyone who has chest scars if he wants other experiences. My DH among others. He is not a medical person like JenDan, but he did experience quintuple bypass and prostate surgery within four months.

Lexa--he could start up a conversation with anyone who has chest scars if he wants other experiences. My DH among others. He is not a medical person like JenDan, but he did experience quintuple bypass and prostate surgery within four months.

He doesn't have scars yet....but I think he is on his way to get some. He has problems with afib, not chronic and just recently he had an episode and just finished wearing heart monitor. He is a man, so he doesn't really go around and talk about his problems too much. I hope he might open up a little when on vacation.

History of DIS Geezers: in planning the 2008 WBPC some of the youngsters suggested a shots around the ship night. A few of us Geezers agreed that we would not likely survive that,:sad2: but that the group might find us at Cove Cafe having warm milk and cookies when they finished their trip around the ship. :idea: You know how things grow on the DIS....we had our Geezer meet, met again each night and laughed ourselves silly! :rotfl2:

We were on that cruise, but I was just a GIT then. Became official Geezer on 11-11-11. I'll try to remember to join you on this trip.

He doesn't have scars yet....but I think he is on his way to get some. He has problems with afib, not chronic and just recently he had an episode and just finished wearing heart monitor. He is a man, so he doesn't really go around and talk about his problems too much. I hope he might open up a little when on vacation.

Bob had a full arrest and has a pacemaker. Do they have him on meds to try and regulate the heart?

My brother and a friend had a-fib episodes, wore monitors, had a procedure where they slide the tube up from the leg so no chest scars and they are doing great.

Best wishes as you find the right solution! :hug:

Jan/Kana

We were on that cruise, but I was just a GIT then. Became official Geezer on 11-11-11. I'll try to remember to join you on this trip.

:banana: REUNION :yay:
I wonder if we will look familiar to each other?

Jan/Kana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter