APRIL 25,2012 5 night THE MAGIC KEY WEST CRUISE

Three weeks from today, I will be on my way to Florida. :cool1::thumbsup2
We decided to squeeze in a park day before getting on the ship. Thank the Lord for some un-expired tickets we have. It really hurt when we bought them, but they are nice when you only need a day or 2. ;)

I sure hope we have good weather for this trip. We want to spend lots of time outside, and especially want it nice and sunny for the CC day. :thumbsup2

Still so much to do. I can't keep packing to unpack. We went from upper 70-80 last week and this week we are back to winter! I need to make a new packing list. My magnets are all done and my FE just needs one name. I have a few snacks to put in our FE bags but other than that I'm done with that too.

Three weeks from tomorrow I will be driving down to Florida! Wishing the weather would be really nice in the Bahamas to warm up the water. I wanna swim! Looking for bright, warm and sunny days :)

I am so excited for Easter to come (for many reasons), but I will breathe a sigh of relief on Monday, so I can fully focus on the cruise.

Phase 2 (of 3), is done on the kiddie project. I am so glad I joined the FE Group!!!! This is so much fun!

I, too, am praying for good weather during the entire cruise. Our last cruise was so windy, we didn't spend much time on the upper deck. I want to lay in a lounge chair and soak in the rays :sunny: (with sunscreen so I don't burn--- emtmom0104:rotfl:)!!!!!

I am so excited for Easter to come (for many reasons), but I will breathe a sigh of relief on Monday, so I can fully focus on the cruise.

Phase 2 (of 3), is done on the kiddie project. I am so glad I joined the FE Group!!!! This is so much fun!

I, too, am praying for good weather during the entire cruise. Our last cruise was so windy, we didn't spend much time on the upper deck. I want to lay in a lounge chair and soak in the rays :sunny: (with sunscreen so I don't burn--- emtmom0104:rotfl:)!!!!!

Hahaha. I don't wanna look like a lobster this time! It was horrible. I'm making my packing list so I can start all over again, thanks to our crazy weather. The kids off next week for spring break so maybe I can get them to help. Oh, who am I kidding. They will pack things I don't need and their suitcases will have all toys! I made sure I overdid it on the subscreen this time! Even me who doesn't burn or tan scorched!

I am finishing up FEs today and packing all the stuff I dont need to useon a daily basis in the suitcase. We are spending a week after the cruise in Disney too so Im trying to pack for that in a different bag to leave in the car. Its hard to do? I cant figure out what we will need? Did I read somewhere we can bring wine on the ship? Can we bring our own corkscrew/ opener or is it like air travel now and they get crazy about bringing stuff on board?

WOOHOO! its feeling like it is around the corner that we leave!!!

I did my online check in and got my stateroom # it is 7052. Finally!!!

Three weeks from today, I will be on my way to Florida. :cool1::thumbsup2
We decided to squeeze in a park day before getting on the ship. Thank the Lord for some un-expired tickets we have. It really hurt when we bought them, but they are nice when you only need a day or 2. ;)

I sure hope we have good weather for this trip. We want to spend lots of time outside, and especially want it nice and sunny for the CC day. :thumbsup2

And 3 weeks from tomorrow afternoon we will be landing at MCO @ 3:15 pm.......See anyone that wants to come DOWN TOWN DISNEY @ the RAIN FOREST CAFE AT around 8 pm.......be taking our DS out there for his......and get this...his 43rd birthday [ B-day will be 3weeks from today.]....they have the best BAR-B-Q RIBS there. WE are SO SO Ready!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

And 3 weeks from tomorrow afternoon we will be landing at MCO @ 3:15 pm.......See anyone that wants to come DOWN TOWN DISNEY @ the RAIN FOREST CAFE AT around 8 pm.......be taking our DS out there for his......and get this...his 43rd birthday [ B-day will be 3weeks from today.]....they have the best BAR-B-Q RIBS there. WE are SO SO Ready!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hey Don,

Thanks for the tip on the ribs. We probably can't meet... I imagine we will still be a park somewhere, but thanks for the invite. We have eaten at Rain Forest once, and really liked it. Cool atmosphere.

See you on the ship!

In case anyone is interested, here is what my son and I were doing yesterday afternoon.
DSC_0238_20120402_12976.jpg

My wife got a call that someone in our community had a swarm of honey bees in their yard, so I came home from work early and my son and I went to get them.

A swarm is not something you see every day, so I thought I would share.
Have a great day. :thumbsup2

Wow that is amazing! Do you have a hive and collect honey? is it a hobby?

I have a couple hives that I mess with. I get some honey, but not as much as I would like... probably because I don't take care of them like I should. Yes, it is very much a hobby.... I have spent more on it that I have taken in.

It's fun getting a new hive for free though. :thumbsup2

In case anyone is interested, here is what my son and I were doing yesterday afternoon.
DSC_0238_20120402_12976.jpg

My wife got a call that someone in our community had a swarm of honey bees in their yard, so I came home from work early and my son and I went to get them.

:thumbsup2

pooh: pooh: pooh: WHO YOU GOING TO CALL.......RANDY & SON......THE BEE BUSTERS.......pooh: pooh: pooh:

Hey Don,

Thanks for the tip on the ribs. We probably can't meet... I imagine we will still be a park somewhere, but thanks for the invite. We have eaten at Rain Forest once, and really liked it. Cool atmosphere.

See you on the ship!

:thumbsup2 Was just told by our Ds an hour ago that he went past the Rain Forest Cafe last week and it was all fenced off and the mountain was torn down to the steel framing.
He lives right out side of WDW.Last year he was contracted out to DISNEY for a short time in their IT dept.

:thumbsup2 Was just told by our Ds an hour ago that he went past the Rain Forest Cafe last week and it was all fenced off and the mountain was torn down to the steel framing.
He lives right out side of WDW.Last year he was contracted out to DISNEY for a short time in their IT dept.

That doesn't sound good. The rainforest website still shows it as a location. Hopefully, it is just a remodel.

I guess you could hit the Animal Kindgom location.

So I have a totally ridiculous question for all of you cruise-pros....

Can I wear flip-flops to dinner if they are nice ones or do I need to pack dressier shoes? (I'm talking about with a dress, not with like shorts or anything).

Also, can someone explain the pre-paid tipping deal to me. I've read the website about 50 times and each time I think I understand, but not really. It's probably really simple. I think I'm just over-thinking it.

So I have a totally ridiculous question for all of you cruise-pros....

Can I wear flip-flops to dinner if they are nice ones or do I need to pack dressier shoes? (I'm talking about with a dress, not with like shorts or anything).

Also, can someone explain the pre-paid tipping deal to me. I've read the website about 50 times and each time I think I understand, but not really. It's probably really simple. I think I'm just over-thinking it.

Allison, I can't answer the flip-flop question, but I will try the tip one. The standard/recommended tip on a disney cruise is $12 per day, per person. This tip is divided between 4 people-your cabin host, your waiter/waitress, assistant waiter/waitress, & head waiter. Tipping is traditionally done on the last night of the cruise. You can carry cash on board and tip with that, or you can have the tip added to your onboard account anytime during the cruise. (you could also call before the cruise and go ahead and prepay your tips before you go.) If you do one of the prepay options, you will be given vouchers that says you have prepaid so you will have something to give each of the individuals listed above.

On our last cruise, I had an on board credit I wanted to use to pay the tips, so I went to guest services and had them add the tip to my on board account. They then sent me the vouchers and envelopes for me to give the 4 people I was tipping. As always, you can give more if you choose, but the $12 per person per day is the standard. (For us, with 4 in a cabin, that is $48 per day in tips.)

If that didn't make sense, let me know and I will try to clarify.

Hi Allison - Yes you can wear flip flops in the dining rooms - You will see people in gowns and tuxs to people in shorts.... Only 21 more days...
Have a few more FE's to finish up and we are all set to go...Cant wait to meet everyone at the Meet & Greet. :donald::mickeyjum:hmghost::tigger::sulley::dumbo::ccat:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter