April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

I am thankful for the people at work who are in my inner circle. We've been able to be free and open with each other about what is happening and work thru it together.

And I am thankful for Instagram, despite its social media pitfalls. Earlier this week a flower breeder I follow did a post on work wear for women, going over what she and here employees wear out in the fields. I reminded me I had purchased a pair of gardening overalls shortly after I moved. Having work clothing for gardening is a new thing for me and I plan on putting them to good use this weekend, when I start to prep the raised beds. Also last week a gal posted about her evening protein smoothie routine and how much protein she gets in a day and I was like, what, is that even possible? So I've started doing the same and am now getting at least double maybe even triple the amount of protein.

And I'm thankful that the adjustment my Chiropractor did on my shoulder yesterday has made a big difference in the upper arm soreness that has been plaguing me for a couple months.

Last edited:

Happy Thursday!!!!

Thankful that I am feeling better, my sinuses were literally trying to kill me after our return from Florida. Got a teledoc appointment and some meds and I am on the road to recovery!!

Thankful for this beautiful weather and that I will FINALLY be able to take my niece to the park tomorrow!!! I have babysat her almost every Friday for 10 months and it has rained/been cold/windy or a combination of those things every Friday…until tomorrow!! Can’t wait!

Enjoy your evening everyone!

I’m very thankful that parent/teacher conferences are over. Yesterday was perfectly wonderful, but today was an absolute hot mess express. The level of frustration I felt today was beyond.

I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday.

I’m thankful that Amazon refunded me for the package stolen from my front steps. Amazon always leaves my boxes inside our enclosed porch, but UPS delivered it instead of Amazon. UPS doesn’t care, so…Yes. Some lowlife made themselves at home on my property and stole my probiotics, of all things, and my DD’s package from Nordstrom. Thankfully we both received refunds, but I can’t get over the feeling of being violated. I have looked into outdoor cameras, but most require strong wifi, which we don’t have. I will continue my research. In the meantime I’m going to have packages delivered to an Amazon locker. My friend offered to collect my packages if I send them to the fire house where she works.

I’m thankful that the weekend is coming soon.

@Summer2018 maybe the appearance of a camera may be a deterrent?

I agree. Thanks for the suggestion. I called our alarm company yesterday and spoke with a representative. The products they have require a strong wifi signal. In order to accommodate that, I would have to spend another $100-150 a month on wifi, which is not in my budget. So right now I am looking at cameras that use an SD card. That will be my weekend job.

Thankful that I am feeling better, my sinuses were literally trying to kill me after our return from Florida.

I had no sinus issues at all while at Disney. Once I got home they have been horrible. Our constant up and down weather is what causes my issue and there is nothing I can do. It has to do with the pressure changes in the air. I am glad you were able to some releif.
I have looked into outdoor cameras, but most require strong wifi, which we don’t have.
Have you checked out the ring. It might need WiFi though. We have it. DH is the one that handles it. We have the ring doorbell, a camera in the front of the house and one in the back. I love it. It is also fun to watch the baby deer all the time in the summer. We watched them once (we weren't home) chasing each other around our swing set.

Happy Friday. It has been a long tiring week. I am woohooing that it is looking like we didn't come back with any illnesses. DD was a little congested but no COVID and is feeling fine. DS had a slight sore throat but felt fine and never turned into anything.

I am grateful for a great vacation. I was worried that DD would not have fun and would want to come get her. We had a little snafu the first 2 days. The dizziness that she had last year (the won't call it POTS but it has all the same symptoms but the BP and heart rate just weren't jumping enough to officially call it POTS) popped back up. I didn't have the medication with me and had no more refills. I tried to call her cardiologist but she moved to Arizona. So there was nothing I could do. Thankfully by day 3 she was good. Heat and standing to long can trigger it. But she had a great time and never asked to stay with us.

We have a low key weekend. DD is with my mom for the weekend at a horse show, DS is working all weekend so it will just be DH and I with no plans. I do need to weed my flower beds though.

@Summer2018 we just got my father a hard wired ring spotlight camera. I don’t know if it’s hard wired to eliminate WiFi or eliminate the need for a battery or maybe both but it’s worth looking into. We love our ring products.

My Friday has taken a unexpected turn as we had to put our hospice foster dog down this morning. His spine gave out and he was paralyzed. He’s been with us since September and we are heartbroken. We will continue to honor his memory by volunteering and fostering as long as we are able.

This has been a challenging week. In a nut shell we've had surprise staff reductions of what looks to be around 20% and now we're going into a complete "reimagining" of how we structure our work, but there doesn't appear to be a well flushed out plan of what that is going to look like yet. People's emotions have run the gamut from anger, grief, fear, exhaustion... everything all at once.

Thankfully I had a counseling session yesterday and was able to talk and connect a couple things for myself. One is a fixation with high school and a boy I knew then, that brought up shame and embarrassment over the things I've done and not done in my life, something I thought I had pretty much worked thru with processing the ADHD diagnosis. Then with what's going on at work, I've had to pull out my strengths and the wisdom I've gained from the things I have done and learned... quite a contrast.

Thru the week I've managed to stay on track with my exercise goal with lots of movement, good for working out stress. I had one day of high sugar/carbs but stayed gluten free and within calories for the day, so I'm giving myself pat on the back for that. Weight wise I'm stalled right on the threshold of one-derland, but I know I'll see it soon.

Plans for the weekend are Sat/Sun to work on the yard, getting some of the raised beds ready and doing more pruning. I'm taking Monday off as a mental health day and I think I'm going to do a mini-road trip. I have some things to take back to JJill and the closest store is in a cute little town an hour and a half away, so I'm thinking I'll go there and have a nice lunch

@Summer2018 we just got my father a hard wired ring spotlight camera. I don’t know if it’s hard wired to eliminate WiFi or eliminate the need for a battery or maybe both but it’s worth looking into. We love our ring products.

My Friday has taken a unexpected turn as we had to put our hospice foster dog down this morning. His spine gave out and he was paralyzed. He’s been with us since September and we are heartbroken. We will continue to honor his memory by volunteering and fostering as long as we are able.
Oh, so sorry to hear about the loss of your pup... sending virtual hugs.

I had no sinus issues at all while at Disney. Once I got home they have been horrible. Our constant up and down weather is what causes my issue and there is nothing I can do. It has to do with the pressure changes in the air. I am glad you were able to some releif.

Have you checked out the ring. It might need WiFi though. We have it. DH is the one that handles it. We have the ring doorbell, a camera in the front of the house and one in the back. I love it. It is also fun to watch the baby deer all the time in the summer. We watched them once (we weren't home) chasing each other around our swing set.
I looked at the Ring first. Yes, it requires strong wifi.

My allergies are out of control. I have such bad post nasal drip and coughing, I lost my voice right after my dental procedure and haven’t gotten it back. My students’ eyes are all puffy and everyone with asthma including me is struggling.

How sad. I’m so sorry. What a beautiful way to honor his memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter