April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

PAsFab5

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the April 2023 W.I.S.H. thread! ☔🌸🐰

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals. 🌿🌺

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:🐰

MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY☀️🌻

April Schedule:
4/3/23 - 4/9/23: Oneanne
4/10/23 - 4/16/23: Summer
4/17/23 - 4/23/23: ShannyMcB
4/24/23 - 4/30/23: PollyannaMom

Hello I'm Lizanne, a single lady of a certain age, recently relocated to a small town on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I normally say I've struggled with my weight my entire life, but I've recently been looking at my high school annual and have I realized I wasn't over weight at that time, even tho I remember feeling like I was, so I'll amend to say all of my adult life.

I have a Disney cruise coming up in mid-June, so I'm using that as a focus point to stay on track with weight loss and for getting healthy and feeling good so I can fully enjoy the experience... and wear cute cruising clothes.

Goals for April are:
Lose five pounds by maintaining the 500 calorie deficit between intake and output
Keep my steps between 8000 and 10000 per day
Explore other types of exercise besides walking

Last edited:
15FD97F4-DEB1-4594-A348-21AA6E4359F8.jpeg

Welcome to April and Happy April Fools Day!!

Have you ever played a great Aprils fools prank? We’re you ever the victim of a great April fools joke?

I have never been able to carry out a good joke and that must have brought me good luck because nobody has ever played a good one on me either!

Please share your good April fools stories, if you have any! Have a great Saturday and we will make this month a great one!!!

Hi Shannon, 40 years old from RI.
Going to skip the entire intro today as I am exhausted. Yesterday my mom passed. So my goal for the next few weeks is to not stress eat my way through the mourning process.
Today is busy with activities for the kids so that should keep my mind busy and their spirits lifted.

I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years this July to my DH, 63. We have one DD, 25, who still lives with us...not looking forward to the day we become empty nesters. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I am on NOOM working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 70 lbs., 20 by June for my 40th reunion with my childhood beach friend.
🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷
🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷 🌷

It's truly been a yo yo month, but I'm at the lower end of the yo yo which is good. I have had 2 out of 4 successful weekends which is an improvement but not good enough. The secret to my weight loss is not exceeding my caloric intake at all. Some people can relax on the weekends and lose during the work week, but clearly, I'm not one of them. It takes me several days to drop whatever I have gained from just one cheat day. NOOM insists that I can treat myself and get right back on track...but that has not proven to be the case.

So, I will have to keep cheat days to a minimum, averaging to about once a month:

Easter Sunday brunch
Mother's Day
June vacation
DH's birthday
July vacation
My birthday
Halloween
DD's birthday
Thanksgiving

Christmas

Hello I'm Lizanne, a single lady of a certain age, recently relocated to a small town on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I normally say I've struggled with my weight my entire life, but I've recently been looking at my high school annual and have I realized I wasn't over weight at that time, even tho I remember feeling like I was, so I'll amend to say all of my adult life.
I also thought I was overweight in high school. It turns out that I wasn't. I was tall and thin and wore a vintage size 9/10 which in modern times is size 6. All of my friends were petite and wore one or two sizes lower than me. At 5'8", I towered over everyone except some upper classmen boys. I had one tall friend who was eventually hospitalized with anorexia nervosa. She always made me feel like a whale. My mother took diet pills (amphetamines) in the 60's & 70's and put me on Weight Watchers during puberty. I lost 10 pounds and was expected to be as thin as possible..."You can never be too rich or too thin." YUCK!

So, yeah. I was surrounded by people with unhealthy body images and expectations for being thin. I actually didn't begin to gain weight until college when my mother died. I still looked great in a bikini though. The substantial weight gain began during infertility treatments in my early 30's. Those hormones enabled me to prepare my body for IVF, but it was the beginning of my genuine battle with my weight. My hysterectomy in my 40's sealed the deal.

What I would give for my old body. I wish I appreciated it when I had it.

Last edited:

Going to skip the entire intro today as I am exhausted. Yesterday my mom passed. So my goal for the next few weeks is to not stress eat my way through the mourning process.
Today is busy with activities for the kids so that should keep my mind busy and their spirits lifted.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing one's Mother is very painful. Take care of yourself.

View attachment 750057

Welcome to April and Happy April Fools Day!!

Have you ever played a great Aprils fools prank? We’re you ever the victim of a great April fools joke?

I have never been able to carry out a good joke and that must have brought me good luck because nobody has ever played a good one on me either!

Please share your good April fools stories, if you have any! Have a great Saturday and we will make this month a great one!!!
The year after I had my DD and had taken a 3 month maternity leave after one month of bedrest following my IVF procedure, light duty for 5 months, then 2.5 months of bed rest leading up to her birth, I told my boss that I was pregnant again.🤣😂 Her mouth dropped open and she got really pale. When I started laughing, I thought she was going to slap me in the face!🤣😂

Shannon, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. Please know that we are here for you.

I also thought I was overweight in high school. It turns out that I wasn't. I was tall and thin and wore a vintage size 9/10 which in modern times is size 6. All of my friends were petite and wore one or two sizes lower than me. At 5'8", I towered over everyone except some upper classmen boys. I had one tall friend who was eventually hospitalized with anorexia nervosa. She always made me feel like a whale. My mother took diet pills (amphetamines) in the 60's & 70's and put me on Weight Watchers during puberty. I lost 10 pounds and was expected to be as thin as possible..."You can never be too rich or too thin." YUCK!

So, yeah. I was surrounded by people with unhealthy body images and expectations for being thin. I actually didn't begin to gain weight until college when my mother died. I still looked great in a bikini. The substantial weight gain began during infertility treatments in my early 30's. Those hormones enabled me to prepare my body for IVF, but it was the beginning of my genuine battle with my weight. My hysterectomy in my 40's sealed the deal.

What I would give for my old body. I wish I appreciated it when I had it.
Amen!

I can't think of any great April Fools jokes I've pulled or had pulled on me, but I'm sure as kids we were into it with just silly little stuff.

This morning the scale still displayed yesterday's surprise weight, so thankfully no April Fools joke there. Going to watch a few Nia videos before I go to the class, so I have an idea of what it is about. After that I may go out to lunch, then back home for chores time.

Hi, I'm Becky and would love to participate in your group! I'm 52 and from a small town in the midwest near St Louis. DH (56) and I will have been married for 32 years in July. We have 3 kids DD26, DD24 (25 on the 25th of this month) and DS20.

Both DDs are living their best lives about 40ish minutes away in St Louis. DS graduated high school in 2020 and moved off to start his freshman year in the middle of the pandemic. It was a terrible start for him. He stayed there for 2 years, but has now moved back home and is playing catch up at our local community college. He's taking classes part time and working part time and it seems to be working well for him. He's still figuring out his path, but I've told him - I feel like I'm still figuring out my path some days lol!

In 2020, DH and I decided to lose weight. I've struggled with mine forever it seems. I'm like the stories above. I felt so big in high school, but really wasn't at all. I just had tiny friends that I compared myself to. I too would love to get back to how "fat" I was in high school lol! DH on the other hand has always been tall and never overweight at all. Around 2018, he started gaining weight and had put on more than he was comfortable with, so he started cutting back. Shortly after, I joined him and he lost about 30 and I lost 50. He was back down to where he needed to be, but I still had a ways to go. For some reason, when he stopped losing, I started gaining. It's such a mental thing with me 😟

At this point, I was back to almost my high weight in 2020 and started counting calories again about 3 weeks ago. That's how we did it last time and I know it works for me. I did it in 2020 and I know I can do it again!

Anyway, that's a lot of rambling, but I hope to get to know all of you better as we become healthier together!

Hi, I'm Becky and would love to participate in your group! I'm 52 and from a small town in the midwest near St Louis. DH (56) and I will have been married for 32 years in July. We have 3 kids DD26, DD24 (25 on the 25th of this month) and DS20.

Both DDs are living their best lives about 40ish minutes away in St Louis. DS graduated high school in 2020 and moved off to start his freshman year in the middle of the pandemic. It was a terrible start for him. He stayed there for 2 years, but has now moved back home and is playing catch up at our local community college. He's taking classes part time and working part time and it seems to be working well for him. He's still figuring out his path, but I've told him - I feel like I'm still figuring out my path some days lol!

In 2020, DH and I decided to lose weight. I've struggled with mine forever it seems. I'm like the stories above. I felt so big in high school, but really wasn't at all. I just had tiny friends that I compared myself to. I too would love to get back to how "fat" I was in high school lol! DH on the other hand has always been tall and never overweight at all. Around 2018, he started gaining weight and had put on more than he was comfortable with, so he started cutting back. Shortly after, I joined him and he lost about 30 and I lost 50. He was back down to where he needed to be, but I still had a ways to go. For some reason, when he stopped losing, I started gaining. It's such a mental thing with me 😟

At this point, I was back to almost my high weight in 2020 and started counting calories again about 3 weeks ago. That's how we did it last time and I know it works for me. I did it in 2020 and I know I can do it again!

Anyway, that's a lot of rambling, but I hope to get to know all of you better as we become healthier together!
Welcome! This is a great group and I hope you’ll enjoy it here.

Hi, I'm Becky and would love to participate in your group! I'm 52 and from a small town in the midwest near St Louis...DS graduated high school in 2020 and moved off to start his freshman year in the middle of the pandemic. It was a terrible start for him. He stayed there for 2 years, but has now moved back home...
:welcome: It's a great group!

I'm also 52, living with DH and DS (22) near Boston.

Tell your son he's not alone! Mine also came home after two years. (He graduated HS in 2019, so he had one "normal" semester at college, but then didn't feel like he was getting enough out of distance learning. He took some time off, went back, then ultimately realized it was the wrong school, not just the pandemic. He's working near here to save money for a bit.

Please share your good April fools stories, if you have any!

I'm not really big on April Fool's Day, but my friends' (at the time 5yo) twins were very excited about it a couple of years ago - planning tricks to pull on their parents, etc. I'd been helping them with homeschooling, so DH agreed to follow me over there and tell the kids he was there in my place as their "substitute teacher". He really got them, and they talked about it for a long time after. 😆

Goals:
My goal this month is to work on both physical and environmental health. - Besides sticking to my treadmill routine (and adding some outdoor exercise as the weather begins cooperating) I'm working on decluttering...again (I've had some good starts, but not a lasting routine yet). I feel like clutter weighs me down emotionally, which gets all tied into physically.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family.

Welcome, we are happy to have you 😊

I hope everyone enjoyed the first day of April and didn’t get too many pranks played on them!!

I’m emotionally all over the place, DD is getting baptized tomorrow!! I was there when she read her testimony which will be played tomorrow on the big screen and I barely held it together then and I know I am going to be a mess tomorrow. DH, myself, my mother in law and my sister in law will all be with her and we are all going to be sobbing I know it.

I am overcome with joy, pride and thankfulness for her faith, her growth and her life. She’s just a beautiful person and I am so proud of her.

I probably won’t be on tomorrow and if I am it will be late so everyone enjoy their Sunday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter