April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

View attachment 755768

What's your minion-motivation this week?

My motivation is that I had a horrible eating day yesterday, so I have to do better today. The weird thing is I really didn't even enjoy it. I was up a bit from Sunday morning, but I'm still down from what I was last Monday, so I'll take that as a win.

I find it much easier to stay on track eating-wise during the week than I do on the weekends. I almost always take my lunch to work and I also pack pre-logged snacks to eat, so at the end of the day, I know exactly what I'll have left for dinner.

I’m motivated by my recent weight loss. Due to my recent dental procedure, I haven’t been able to chew meat. Not eating meat has jump-started my weight loss. This has led me to exploring a Flexitarian diet, which would mean only eating meat a couple days a week and finding other sources of protein. I'm a true carnivore, so I never considered being a Vegetarian, but if eating meat less often will help me lose weight, I'm willing to give it a try.

Last edited:
@Oneanne you inspired me today! I got home from work and was not going to do anything but I read your post about almost skipping a day but you pushed through…it motivated me to go downstairs and do a 30 minute YouTube video! Thank you!

For the past 3 days i have eaten cake…! 2 bday parties then a retirement party today-all the cakes were delicious and worth it but I need to get back to sweets being a treat not a everyday thing! That is my motivation this week.

how deep is the mud.jpg

Topic Tuesday -

I loved this graphic because it really speaks to the "oh, it's easy, just do this..." type of advice that seems to be everywhere for weight loss and healthy living. Have you ever run across some well-intended tip that just did not work for you because your situation was different than the advice-giver's?

View attachment 756004

Topic Tuesday -

I loved this graphic because it really speaks to the "oh, it's easy, just do this..." type of advice that seems to be everywhere for weight loss and healthy living. Have you ever run across some well-intended tip that just did not work for you because your situation was different than the advice-giver's?
Definitely. There are so many factors involved: health status, family background, psychological, personality, social, lifestyle.

I was thin until I was 33 after my DD was born. Because of the unhealthy relationships with food that my family members had, I developed body distortion problems. I thought I was fat when I was actually thin. Fertility drugs packed on the pounds and I struggled to lose weight post partum. Diets only worked temporarily. My hysterectomy a few years later basically sealed the deal, slowing down my metabolism and knocking my hormones out of balance, making it even harder for me to lose weight.

Things that others did were not effective for me and my particular circumstances. Some advice was so inappropriate and unhealthy, it made me wonder if the person had my best interests in mind.

NOOM is not perfect, but it is the closest thing to being perfect for me.

A lot of "advice" hasn't worked for a number of different reasons, but I think first and foremost is that most of what we "know" about diet and weight management comes from the diet industry, the money making diet industry. The amount of unlearning I've gone thru the past few years is mind boggling.

I love that graphic - it is so true. I count calories and feel it is the only thing that has truly worked for me. My mom had success with low carb and my DH counts calories along with intermittent fasting. We each do what seems to work best for us and I think that is half the battle - believing what you're doing will work. No matter which method we choose, they are all challenging in their own way.

I’m taking a sick day. My asthma is flaring up from my allergies. I’m concerned that if I’m not careful I will end up with bronchitis or worse. I didn’t realize that allergies could turn into something more severe. I’m on ALL the possible medications. I avoid going outside except when walking back and forth to my car while wearing a mask. I don’t know what else to do.

We're having another long cold Spring, so any day that has sunshine gets a woohoo and yesterday was glorious. Sunset is now 8:15pm so I had a nice leisurely evening outside with a good long walk along the Bay and then spending time cleaning up around the back patio and mowing that bit of grass. I found a well priced battery powered mower that should arrive today (another woohoo), else I would have started mowing the side yard again as well.

Woohoo... in addition to being sunny, yesterday was a day of figuring things out and putting pieces together at work. People (including me) are getting past the shock and able to start moving forward. I have the same area of responsibility except another person is joining me so we can share the work load which is going to be very helpful.

Woohoo... I watched one of my favorite movies last night, Practical Magic. It was full of coded messages about love and connection that hit differently than another times I've watched it and it has re-inspired me to focus on what I want in my life and future.

Tuesday- love the graphic!

I have friends who are constantly on fad diets with results that never last…so I simply wish them the best and continue on with what I have found to work for me…healthy diet (for me this includes tracking) and exercise. It’s not exciting or rapid loss, but it has worked for me long term.

Whooohooooo Wednesday the sun is out and although it’s chilly the sun makes the day better!

Everyone enjoy your day!

From Tuesday -
DH and I are absolutely opposite on exercise. I need something here at home, that I can squeeze in whenever. (If it involves a big production number, I probably won't do it!) So the treadmill is perfect for me. I can pop on a show or video, with no lead time at all.

DH, on the other hand, never goes near it! He needs the separation from home habits/distractions and the social interaction of going to the gym, even if the chunk it takes out of his day is almost twice as long as the actual exercise time.

WooHoo Wednesday -
I second (third?) the sunny day! It started out rather grey here, and I'm very glad it perked up. :yay:

My WooHoo:

It was a beautiful day here as well! With today being Administrative Professionals Day, I drove around and delivered thank you gifts to all of our company's admins. It took most of the day, so I really enjoyed my drive around our 3 county footprint!

Also, to share a NSV - on my drive today, I had to burn a little time because the next person I was delivering to was gone to lunch, so I headed into one of the town's Dollar General stores. I was wanting to get something to munch on for my drive and I searched all around. I started to get a bag of the Combo snacks (high calorie, nothing healthy about them), but ended up getting a box of small Slim Jims and just ate two of them for the rest of the afternoon. I'm thinking they might be a good snack to keep on hand because they really hit the spot!

Today I am thankful for weed whackers. Last evening I dug mine out and cleared the back patio, which is bricks inset into the ground in a circular pattern, and lots of weeds/grass was poking thru. It looks so so good now, I keep going to the back door to stare at it. My Sister is coming to town tomorrow and I'm going to suggest we all get together so I can finally have my first fire in my Solo stove and sit in the new patio chairs that I got myself way back in February as a house warming reward.

I am also thankful to be staying in One-derland, with another pound gone. I have dinner out with my Niece tonight and dinner out with my Sister tomorrow so the next two days I need to be very thoughtful about my food intake. But I am thankful for getting out and doing sociable things.

And omg...the weather forecast is for six days without rain and temps up into the 60's. Thank you Mother Nature.

I am thankful for our new water coolers at work. We always had to drink out of a water fountain and the water that came out of it tasted terrible! About a year ago we got one of those 5 gallon water dispensers and it is so great! I drink so much more water now and it tastes so good!

Yesterday, I drove around to all of our locations, so I was out of the office and didn't drink much water. Having the dispenser makes it so easy to get back on track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter