April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

This has been a challenging week. In a nut shell we've had surprise staff reductions of what looks to be around 20% and now we're going into a complete "reimagining" of how we structure our work, but there doesn't appear to be a well flushed out plan of what that is going to look like yet. People's emotions have run the gamut from anger, grief, fear, exhaustion... everything all at once.

Thankfully I had a counseling session yesterday and was able to talk and connect a couple things for myself. One is a fixation with high school and a boy I knew then, that brought up shame and embarrassment over the things I've done and not done in my life, something I thought I had pretty much worked thru with processing the ADHD diagnosis. Then with what's going on at work, I've had to pull out my strengths and the wisdom I've gained from the things I have done and learned... quite a contrast.

Thru the week I've managed to stay on track with my exercise goal with lots of movement, good for working out stress. I had one day of high sugar/carbs but stayed gluten free and within calories for the day, so I'm giving myself pat on the back for that. Weight wise I'm stalled right on the threshold of one-derland, but I know I'll see it soon.

Plans for the weekend are Sat/Sun to work on the yard, getting some of the raised beds ready and doing more pruning. I'm taking Monday off as a mental health day and I think I'm going to do a mini-road trip. I have some things to take back to JJill and the closest store is in a cute little town an hour and a half away, so I'm thinking I'll go there and have a nice lunch
:hug:

EB422370-24F7-416B-AD8E-00E426CDA1CE.png
Good pick for the quiz!!

Happy Saturday everyone. We started early here-DD had to be at church at 730 to catch the bus for volunteering this morning. She will be back at 1230 just in time for my niece and nephews joint bday party at 1pm. This will be our first cookout of the year and I made baked beans and macaroni and cheese already this morning. They will finish cooking whole DH and I go walk dogs this morning at the SPCA.

I just found out that yesterday was National bulldogs are beautiful day and our foster was a bulldog ❤️🐾 he certainly was beautiful, inside and out.

1682180732118.png
Being the old lady seems appropriate.

Slept in this morning, every part of me needed it... heart, head and body. Then I got a big reward when I stood on the scale this morning... 199.8! ONE-DERLAND! Still perched on the threshold, so I'll have to continue to work hard this weekend to make sure I go down and don't flip flop back and forth. My next big milestone is 196, which is what I weighted in 2016 when my avatar picture was taken. After that it is 193 which is the lightest weight I have logged in FitBit, which was also 2016. I figure I should be around 193 for the cruise.

I've got my gardening overalls on but it'll probably be this afternoon before its warm enough to work outside. In a bit I'm headed to the farmer's market for the first time, to see what is on offer.

View attachment 755250

Slept in this morning, every part of me needed it... heart, head and body. Then I got a big reward when I stood on the scale this morning... 199.8! ONE-DERLAND! Still perched on the threshold, so I'll have to continue to work hard this weekend to make sure I go down and don't flip flop back and forth. My next big milestone is 196, which is what I weighted in 2016 when my avatar picture was taken. After that it is 193 which is the lightest weight I have logged in FitBit, which was also 2016. I figure I should be around 193 for the cruise.

I've got my gardening overalls on but it'll probably be this afternoon before its warm enough to work outside. In a bit I'm headed to the farmer's market for the first time, to see what is on offer.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:cheer2::banana::dancer::cool1:party::dance3:

View attachment 755250

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

The Maiden
Your best quality is your joyful, childlike energy and your playfulness. You not only have a huge imagination but also have a super-strong intuition that never leads you astray!

That's a really funny answer to the quiz because I'm pretty sure I'm not like that! :rotfl2:

Happy to have gotten rid of some piles today. Glad to see those items go to new homes. Then a girlfriend and I went to IKEA. DH was going to go, but he wasn't feeling so hot. Spending the afternoon with a girlfriend was lovely. And I bought some fun stuffed animals for the kids at our school--which was the whole reason for the trip. On the drive home I got a text from another girlfriend asking to go for a walk. Bonus!!!

Aside from going to the farmer's market and doing my beach walk, yesterday turned out to be an indoors day. I couldn't not purge and organize (making order at home after the week of dis-order at work seems like a healthy response). So I went thru clothes again, and took two bags to GW, sorted thru cosmetics and cleared out the fridge.

I've decided to do my mini-road trip today instead of Monday, so I've styled my hair and put on makeup and to be extra fancy I'm going to stop at the carwash on the way out of town and vacuum out the car. One of my favorite grocery stores in the old neighborhood has a location close to JJill, so I'm going to do my grocery shopping there. And if it isn't too rainy I may take the long way home, around the west side of Hood Canal. It'll add an hour but is a peaceful calming drive so will be good for me. It should be a lovely, if somewhat damp, day.

I love these! I am a big fan of "decorating" (I use the term loosely) with objects that make me smile when I look at them.

I agree - I used to follow an organizing website and her motto was if you don't use it or love it, you don't need it. The older I get, the easier I find that to follow - there are some things I'll probably never get rid of because they just make me smile when I look at them or use them!

I'm so miserable with my allergies. I'm taking the maximum allergy and asthma medications, added Mucinex, and am constantly drinking Lemon Green tea & Irish Breakfast tea with honey. My abdomen is sore from coughing and sneezing, and I still have no voice. I don't know how much longer I can take this. This is the worst allergy season of my life. Ugh.

Now that I’m done with my pity party, DD’s friend was hospitalized with an allergic swollen parotid gland. I know so many people suffering with outrageous symptoms. I’m going to stop complaining and be grateful that I am not worse.

Last edited:
@Summer2018 feel better soon!!! Allergy season this year is miserable 😩

Today was a busy day for us, self care was a workout early this morning and a short walk in the sunshine this afternoon.

Went to Church then I went to help with the “friends” bday party for my niece and nephew (they had a family party yesterday) it’s nice to meet and get to know their friends. It was a indoor swim party and everyone enjoyed themselves. 6-9 years old have a ton of energy!!!!!

Just took DD to youth group and after I pick her up at 8 I am headed to bed. I am in the office tomorrow and there is a retirement ceremony for my 2nd level supervisor. I have worked with her for 21 years so this is emotional for my but I am so happy for her. My car is packed with balloons I will look like a clown driving to work 😂

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Yesterday was everything I had hoped and needed. The shopping area where JJill was located was really nice. I did decide to take the long way home, which involved a section I hadn't driven before and it is always so exciting to see new things.

Being in the car so much in the evening my step count was still low and I hadn't done my hand weight exercises... I was thinking I would take the day off, but then realized I could go to bed later because I didn't have to get up for work, so I stayed up and did both. This morning I was rewarded with a wee bit more weight disappearing from the scale.

So far this morning is cold and damp, so not great for out of doors yard work, so I'm rethinking what the day is going to be... most important is to not let it just slip away. Overall my motivation this week is to keep on doing what I've been doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter