• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 18th, 2009! - PATRIOT'S OF THE CARIBBEAN - Western Magic!

I did realize I was leaving only Mass. people on this ship. kinda scary. :) Have a blast! Thanks for everything! Kristi

Wow I've looked at a lot of these threads and now I'm really excited!! :woohoo: why can't this cruise come faster?

Planning and reading and sharing are half the fun of doing a Disney Cruise! The DIS is very addicting - consider yourself fairly warned. :wizard:

hi!!!! from my end of MA (MetroWest) :cheer2:

And guess what...we're from Metrowest as well! We are about to finalize booking the week of April 18th and will have three girls with us...11,11 and 13 at the time of the cruise.

First time Disney cruisers, we can't wait. I'm so happy to have found this board, I've got a lot to learn, but fortunately lots of time to do it. The anticipation is going to make it even better.

Hello all,
Just came back from a 4day wonder 3/13 it was our first cruise and loved it so much booked this 7day, hopefully weather is better in April than our March trip,with 5 people our AAA ta said we needed to get a cat 4 verandah deck,
but found out we could get 2 rooms in a cat 10 for almost half the cost:banana: this trip,now we have somthing to look forward to again! that's all the fun!

We were given the option of doing one room for five or two of the connecting rooms. I'm still debating because I love the idea of a verandah, and being able to get outside in my own space. How much time did you actually use it? Hubby is campaigning for the two inside connecting rooms. I am afraid I'll get claustrophobic!

Looking forward to this!

Hi Castlgazer,

I have 3 dd at cruise time they will be 11,9and9,(going on 18!) if you know what I mean,that's why I'll give up an awesome verandah for my space!!
look forward to talking with you all these coming months!
Bye for now.

Hi bobbbrick,
Looks like we have more in common than just being from Mass. We have three girls and they will be 13, 11 and 11 at the time of the cruise. I totally agree about the going on 18 aspect.:scared1: Looking very much forward to chatting here!

aljsmom! FABULOUS! My daughter is going to be almost 13 when we set sail. She'll be within 7 weeks of her 13th birthday. I'm debating about which "club" to put her in (the 8-12 or 13+)

How cool is it that you are local to us!?!?!

I hope you definitely book! It's be great if our girls could get to know each other (I also have a will-be-8-year-old son... poor guy... lol)

WOW! Guys, this is gretting freaky!

My husband works in Westborough - I work in Worcester.

I have the younguns for the cruise so far with a then to be 7 year old and a then to be 4 year old.

Oh, hey, to stick with the metro west talk, we went to Ted's Montana Grill the other night at Bay State Commons and it was phenomenal! Really awesome! We were pretty blown away by it. You should definitely check it out if you can! :thumbsup2

Oh, and come into Worcester for the Hanover Theater soon too! Totally awesome! We were at the opening night and then saw David Copperfield and it really is a very neat place!

I'm really just throwing this all out there because, well, it's the first time I can do something like that and know that people know what the heck I am talking about!

So, thanks for the post on the year anniversary until we cruise, aljsmom, and WELCOME! :cutie:

OK - this is pretty cool! I can't believe we are all so close together! I always am running into people either that I know here on the DIS that I had no idea DIS'd or that live within a mile of me. Disney addicts are abundant in Massachusetts! :hug:

We decided to compromise and go for two connecting outside rooms. No verandah, but I do have a window. We figured not only would we have more space, but TWO bathrooms and extra beds and two tvs...not that I expect to spend much time in the cabin watching tv! If I had younger kids who would be napping then I might spend time on a verandah, but there seems to be SO much to do I doubt we will spend much time in the room.

I don't know what happened to my post,not to computer literate as you can see, but I guess you got the info, you made a good choice your family will have the best of both worlds a view and room, Have fun!

We decided to compromise and go for two connecting outside rooms. No verandah, but I do have a window. We figured not only would we have more space, but TWO bathrooms and extra beds and two tvs...not that I expect to spend much time in the cabin watching tv! If I had younger kids who would be napping then I might spend time on a verandah, but there seems to be SO much to do I doubt we will spend much time in the room.

I think that is a good choice too. :thumbsup2 I LOVE verandahs, but that is because I had napping kids. It's definitely a huge difference in cost that is at most times not worth it, because there is soooo much to do that it takes great effort to just sit and stop for a minute and sitting and stopping looking out over the water can be done at so many places on the ship.

You can also consider the "secret" deck area on deck 7 to be your personal verandah if you ever felt you needed some quiet time out on a deck.

Hi guys, we just got off the Western 4/19-4/26 and rebooked for next April vacation. This will be our third cruise:cool1: I hope this year goes by fast...:rotfl:

WELCOME!

How was it?

How was flying?

How were the crowds? I think it's just a certain few NE states with this week as vacation?

Did you have a blast?

Who's in your family?

Inquiring minds want to know. This will be my first time traveling/cruising in a so called vacation period - I am nervous. :bitelip:

I was just talking to a friend at my son's baseball game that just came back from WDW and she had a horrendous time with flights. :bitelip::scared:

:wave2:
WELCOME!

How was it?

How was flying?

How were the crowds? I think it's just a certain few NE states with this week as vacation?

Did you have a blast?

Who's in your family?

Inquiring minds want to know. This will be my first time traveling/cruising in a so called vacation period - I am nervous. :bitelip:

I was just talking to a friend at my son's baseball game that just came back from WDW and she had a horrendous time with flights. :bitelip::scared:

Here goes: 1. Our best family vacation yet...:cool1: We met another family from Mass on the disboard and their 2 children were the same ages as two of mine. Everyone from our cruise on the disboard met in the Promanade Lounge at 2:00 the day of sailing. I have a DS12, DD10 and DS7. We moved my DS7 into the Lab ages 8-9 just because he is 7 going on 12 and he did the Club last April and thought it was too babyish...He never wanted to leave. He was in the clubs until midnight, with us dragging him out. :scared1: Keep in mind he is usually in bed by 8:00. 2. Flying was no problem at all. Three years ago, we flew Southwest out of Manchester...I will never go to Logan again...3. We did 2 nights at the Nickelodean and one night at the BeachClub. We went into the Magic Kingdom the Friday before the cruise. Longest we waited in a line was 15 minutes. We were last there in October so my kids just picked what rides they really wanted to go on. There were alot of NY and NJ on the boat but next year their vacation week is the week before ours. :cool1: 4. We had a blast,:banana: :banana: that is why we rebooked. Up until my oldest was in 4th grade we pulled the kids out of school on non-vacation weeks. Now that they are older, I can't.:headache: They did miss 2 days prior to vacation, but they have never been out sick so I didn't feel it was a big deal. My husband and I had sooo much time to ourselves this trip. I do have friends with younger children who wouldn't go in the kids clubs and it wasn't as much fun for them. I even think the family that we met this year will book again with us for next year. Hope this answers all you questions. :goodvibes

How cool that everyone so far is from MA... and even a lot from MetroWest!

Maybe we should have a preCruise GTG with the kids so they/we can see if we think we are as cool as we are IRL.

DD (will be almost 13 for cruise) and DS (will be 8) just got back from Disney World with their dad. They had a fabulous time, but are REALLY looking forward to our cruise next April.

While they were away, we did a RCCL cruise. It was so much fun, but I hear that Disney is even better, so I'm rabid to go on again (am having post-vacation depression right now). The RCCL itinerary was very similar to what we are doing next year -- but couldn't do much about the dates, seeing as it's vacation week, and like pp said -- can't take older kids out of school as easily.

SO SO SO SO EXCITED! :banana:

Sorry to be an outsider ,but we are from the right end of mass. Cape Cod ,it is good you all booked now because as of may 28 DCL is charging fuel surcharges per person per stateroom not cheap either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter