April 18th, 2009! - PATRIOT'S OF THE CARIBBEAN - Western Magic!

WOW! I wonder how much that will total up to be?!

So excited that for ONCE, I booked at the right time!

Now my husband will be happy that I convinced him to rebook while onboard last week. For once I have "saved" him $$:rotfl: Although he is still telling everyone that when he asked guest services for a print out of what we had charged while on board, the CM said "Wow" four pages, don't usually see that many....Oops...It wasn't all my fault....::rolleyes1

Add another Bay State family to the mix! We were just on the Magic & the 7 night western cruise 4/19-4/26. We had a great time as usual! We live in MetroWest and work in Wellesley & Belmont. Great to see such a large contingent from Mass. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise.

WA-WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (doing the Elaine Benis dance :cool1: )

Any kids? Or just a cool Disney couple?

Add another Bay State family to the mix! We were just on the Magic & the 7 night western cruise 4/19-4/26. We had a great time as usual! We live in MetroWest and work in Wellesley & Belmont. Great to see such a large contingent from Mass. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise.

We were on the same cruise!!!!!

That's wonderful! What shore excursions did you do?

We just walked around Key West. In Grand Cayman we got a room at the Westin Hotel. My husband had a bunch of Westin points, so we used them, spent the day on the beach and used all the facilities. Then went up to the room, showered the kids and back to the boat. We will definiately do that again...In Cozumel we did the Beach Break, which was ok, I will not do that again. I did enjoy the shopping there though. The kids expressed an interest in the dolphin excursion, so I will look into that. We were in cabin 8544. What about you?

In Key West we made a quick stop at the Aquarium and then strolled down Duval St. We stopped in Irish Kevin's (Never pass a pub with your name on it) and did some shopping before grabbing a few drinks on the way back to the ship. I very much enjoyed Key West, very ecclectic, laid back lifestyle. Great for people watching! It seemed to march to the beat of its own drum and reminded me of P-town with palm trees.

Grand Cayman was great. The water was awesome!! We spent the morning wandering around shopping. Some of the jewelry stores were unbelievable. By the way some of the shops on Grand Cayman have the best air conditioning in the world. Around lunch time we stopped at Margaritaville and grabed some nachos and beer. The Margaritaville in Grand Cayman is way better than its brethren in Key West. Much more spacious, open air bar, and they even have a small pool for kids.

In Cozumel we went on the Tulum ruins tour. It was very long and ardous around 6-7 hours. We had to take a ferry over to Playa del Carmen on the mainland and then took a bus about an hour south. The ruins were spectacular though. They are located along cliffs and there was a beach which they allowed you time for a quick dip. We made it back to the ship at around 5:10 just in time to take showers and get to dinner by 6:00.

Castaway Cay is the best! We did our usual, float tubes, snorkling, bike rentals etc. We also did Castaway Ray's Sting Ray Adventure which was very cool, and my daughters got their hair braided.

It truly was the best vacation ever!! Whenever anyone asks though I always tell them that my favorite vacation is the next one!

Great for people watching! It seemed to march to the beat of its own drum and reminded me of P-town with palm trees./QUOTE]

I can't believe you just said that....that is exactly how my husband described it and told me if he was ever missing, I could find him in Key West (he used to say the Vineyard)...everyone just hanging out...Didn't do much shopping in Grand Cayman, my DS7 was not into shopping but didn't mind since they told us on the ship that diamonds were the best deal in Cozumel. Where I did get a beautiful bracelet. How old are your girls? My DD will be 11, DS 13 and DS8I wonder if they met on the ship?:)

AWESOME! I feel bad for the first non-MA person who checks in, though.

ISH MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! :banana: :cutie:

Well, kinda psyched would be the word for it actually - I must be hitting a certain age that things start to fall apart because this weekend I found out I need to have my gallbladder out. Kinda puts the whole food thing on the cruise into a different light for me as after the surgery you can't really eat any fats.

I think I am going to go back to Ted Montana Grill tonight for their superb crab cakes - I can't partake in the steaks, though, anymore.
:sad1:

OK - so yes, we will do a Get together sometime in the future for everyone.

On our last cruise we put together a separate Yahoo page for everyone to share photos and I then put them onto a single page for everyone with names and children as a cheat sheet for when we get onboard. It was great to know you had a ship full of friends at every turn.

We also were one of the first cruises to start using the wrist bands.

These were easy things to do that made it much nicer and fun for us as a family.

But this is all wayy into the future. We have such a long ways to go.

BUT, I was just looking into airfare, because I may not wait for SW this time around - although, I have not flown any other airline for many many years - and book Delta or USAir out of Providence and the opening window happens in about a month.

Good to hear that you had no issues with the flights - I love SW!

I still have the youngun kids on the ship with a 4 and 7 year old. My husband and I are in our mid to late thirties, though. I Turn 37 today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry about the gallbladder!!:upsidedow Well on the brighter side, at least it happened now not next year!!!! Wouldn't want to have to postpone the cruise. :scared1: 37 isn't that old...I'm 41!! Keep us posted on what you get for airfare!!!

Happy belated birthday! Hope everything turns out ok with the gall bladder!

We drove to Florida this last time and plan on doing it again. It was a long ride but we saved about $1500 dollars. Plus we didn't have to deal with TSA.

I am just getting back from my 7 night DCL Western Massachusetts school vacation. I came home for two days and went back on a 3 night DCL Wonder.

The weather was perfect on the April Western and the had the smoothest seas of all my 10 cruises.

Yes, Key West was a lot like P-town with palm trees! LOL

In Grand Cayman we just took the island tour and stopped at the turtle farm which the kids really enjoyed. Last time I did the Stingray excursion.

On Cozumel - we did the Fury Catamaran - a lot of fun and the price isn't too bad. Last time we did the Tulum ruins - good but a loooooong day!

So far we have a category 5 with a connecting stateroom for my MIL and my mom. Should be a lot of fun!

Now I am ready to start looking forward to my next trip. Adventures by Disney to France!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you moms, Grandma's, aunt's and sisters! Hope you all have a great day.

My mother passed away in 2005 and I miss her dearly. She first took me to WDW back in 1975 and again in 76, 80 and 84. In 2000 she sailed with us on the Wonder for a 4 night cruise. When she passed away we ended up using some of her inheritance and became DVC members. I find great comfort knowing that because of her my family will enjoy Disney vacations for many years to come.

I Turn 37 today!

Castlegazer... I'm 37 this year too (not for a few months)! But HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late... I didn't get the notification about a few of these posts)

I saw the post about a Yahoo page... sounds like a great way to "get to know each other" before the cruise!

STS -- I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom, even if it was years ago. I can imagine that Mother's Day can be bittersweet -- enjoying being a mother yourself, but missing your own.

It's nice, though, that you were able to use your inheritance for such a great thing -- time with your family, year after year. That really is the greatest gift!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Hi everyone! Looks like I'm a PARTY CRASHER! (this is my very first post, so I apologize in advance for any misitakes) We're from Ohio, and are looking forward to this cruise. This will be our second cruise. . .we did the 4 day Wonder last year and immediately rebooked. My son will turn 14 on the cruise and my daughter will be almost 11 when we cruise. There is another family joining us--it will be their first cruise. They have 2 sons one will turn 9 on the cruise and the other will be almost 11. Look forward to getting to know all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter