April 18th, 2009! - PATRIOT'S OF THE CARIBBEAN - Western Magic!

castlegazer

Soccer Mom! Soccer Player & Mom! Go USA!
At this time, my family is booked on to this cruise - It will be our second Disney Cruise!

We have a three year old girl and a five year old boy - They will be 4 and 7 (birthday during the cruise) for the cruise.

Please come start a thread with me! It won't be the first time I was able to hang out over a year waiting to cruise, getting to know everyone!

:woohoo:

Here is the list of families checked in so far [in red are the families we still know are cruising as of 2/09]:

Castlegazer
Central Massachusetts 2nd disney cruise
DH 37
DW 38
DS 7
DD 4

yogibigdog Central Massachusetts cruise expert!
DW
DH
DS 7
DS 9

bobbbrick Cape Cod Massachusetts
DH
DW
DD 11
DD 9
DD 9

cctimmom Metrowest Massachussets 1st cruise
DH ?
DW 37
DD 12 almost 13
DS 8

aljsmom Metrowest Massachusetts 1st cruise
DH (aljsdad)
DW
DD 11
DD 11
DD 13

bdwk1997 North Shore Massachusetts 3rd cruise 4/19/08 cruise
DW 41
DH 42
DS 14
DD 11
DS 8

STS51 Metrowest Massachusetts 5th cruise 4/19/08
DW
DH - Kevin
DD 12
DD 11

deboss Ohio

DS 14
DD 11

deboss friends Ohio
DW
DH
DD 11
DD 9

jontheref UK
DH
DW

rala Germany 4/19/08 cruise - married - This will be their anniversary Cruise
Marion 38
Michael 37

okwminnnie Massachusetts

okwminnie Daughter and Fiance

o4me2playn California
Wes (50)
Deanna (52)

Tinkerbelle77 Willow Springs, IL - :wave: GETTING MARRIED ON THE CRUISE!!!!!!! :wave:
Tina - 31
Tim - 34
Krystina - 12
Haylee - 10
Lauren - 5
Tim's Dad
Tina's Dad and Aunt

sandyam76 Massachusetts
DW
DH
DD (15) (Turning 16 the day before the cruise leaves)
Mom, Dad, Grandma, and two of my retired neighbors !!

epcotrulz
Elliot City, MD - fourth Disney cruise - also going on 2010 Northern Europe cruise - lucky dogs!!!!!
Jeff
Dale

annronnieb
South Shore MAssachusetts
DW
DH
DS - 9
DS - 7

Beginsters
DW 38
DH 41
DGM
DD15
DD13
DD7 turning 8 before cruise

pkoles central MA
DH 51
DW 44
DD 14 going on 15

KandiB - Wisconsin (anniversary cruise!)
DW
DH
DS - 2

Kmaboo - Louisiana - 2nd Anniversary!!!
DW
DH

Brooke3L - Greenville, SC
Brooke
Ethan
Kim (KimMs)
Gabby - age 5

GUSDMH - North Andover, MA
DH - Gus
DW
DS-13
DS-21
DM-I-L(mother-in-law).
Will be at SSR on the 16th. After the cruise, will stay at SSR till the 27th

Ender - Venezuela
Ender dh, me
Natahlie dw
Ender Enrique ds 15
Daniela dd 10

Outahere - 7th DCL cruise - 4th Magic Cruise - Metro West, MA
me,
DW
DS14

WahKoMom - Foxboro, MA
DW 43
DH - 40
DD 11
DS 9

peaches26 - North Carolina - 1st Disney Cruise Anniversary cruise
DH
DW
DS - 10th Birthday cruise
DS 10 Months old

coconutsunshine - Ottawa, Canada - 1st Disney Cruise
DW - 28
DH - 28

sewallmom - East Bridgewater, MA
DW
DH both 40s
DD 8

Hi castlegazer. My family is supposed to be joining you on this cruise as well. We have a daughter who will be 6 at cruise time and we are expecting another little girl sometime this year by adoption. Not sure yet how old she will be. We have cruised with Disney once before and LOVED it. We are also having our best friends and my husband's parents come along on this trip. They are first timers. We are still in the process of getting everyone on the same page and getting everyone booked but hopefully it won't be long before it's all complete. We had booked when we were on our cruise last year but will transfer the date we had to the April 18th date. The parents and friends haven't booked at all yet. Sooo, I'll keep you informed! Thanks so much for starting a thread! I look forward to getting to know you and whoever else joins this thread. Kristi

:wave: WELCOME :wave:

I have moved my cruise date, um, let me think, oh about, four times now. Is this your April vacation in Penn? That is why this is our new cruise date. I just gave up a Halloween double dip cruise at the end of this year for this one because of school vacation and fear of death from evil eyes of the school administrators. IT'S FIRST GRADE!!!!! :rolleyes: :guilty: But alas, It's fine, we were not ready to go at the end of this year anyways so this works great.

We have done the Eastern route three times now on different lines including Disney. The Western will be a fun change!

Oh, I am a truly terrible choice for a thread administrator - I just felt pulled by the terrible gap, so please do not feel because I started this that I am in any way head :crazy: This is anyone's and everyone's thread! I am an infrequent DIS visitor lately but I will pop in as much as I can.
Again, welcome! :thumbsup2 :tinker:

The cruise we booked was an October 2008 cruise. It fell on our anniversary (Oct 3rd). We did the Eastern and loved it. My husband feels that we should go somewhere different every time we go on vacation. Never do the same thing twice he says. However, just having him on another Disney cruise is basically the same so I guess I win. :) HEEE HEEE As for the change, both my father-in-law and I deal with tax returns thus needing the trip to happen after tax season. And, it also made sense with school. It's hard to believe that 1st grade is just around the corner. Ugh. Anyway, as for you being the "head" I promise not to think that way. I just was clueless as to how to even get a thread started and thus am very impressed you took the initiative. It meant I didn't have to. :) When some more people hook up we'll have to make up a name for our cruise. Not sure if you did that for your other Disney cruises but I have to say that we had a blast deciding on a name for our cruise. What a hoot. We had a name, a logo, we played a tag game onboard and we all took the time to meet and get pictures done together. It was wonderful and my family felt like we were a part of a family even before we did the cruise itself. I do like to check back often to see if others logged onto this thread so if you don't get here I'll do my best to welcome people when they do. :) Take care and have a great week! Kristi

We are going! I was on the Wonder when 2009 dates opened up so I booked.

It will be me, my husband and my boys will be 7 and 9. I am going this Arpil too it is also a Western.

:tinker: ::MickeyMo WELCOME! ::MickeyMo :tinker:

My son will be 7 also! He is obessed with cruising after just one cruise! I feel I need to be an enabler to that obsession! ;)

I am in Central MA!

Are you going on a 10 day cruise in April this year too!!!!??????

I am very jealous! :thumbsup2

I am going on a 7 night Western I will fly home then head back to a couple days later for 3 nights on the Wonder.

My boys are hooked on cruising. My older son knows the ship better than most adults! He told the other families going with us -who are going for the first time- that he plans on giving them a ship tour.

I like my MIL and mom will be going us. Hopefully some of our friends from this cruise will rebook onboard.

:hyper: I think it's just that time of year, but I am totally overly obsessed with thinking about this cruise! :bitelip: It truly is a sickness.

I am very jealous yogibigdog, although I so am not ready to cruise right now. I am a total long range planner - I think I need a year to plan (and build up the travel account). Then when we get close, I will totally drop off in my planning routine and will forget things like making reservations and stuff. :eek:

My family knows this about me and knows to keep an eye on me as the date approaches. Last time I recruited our ship mates too to help me. These threads are like lifesavers for me. They keep me on track with my planning. :laughing: :rolleyes: :crazy:

I am focused on figuring out Chankanaab to see if that is better for us, with such small kids, versus just a beach day (i.e. like this: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm). I may also add here that we are VERY fair skinned people. We called our wee one, on our last cruise, the little vampiress. I even had a chemical warfare suit (you know, one of those full body keep-out-of-the-sun things) for her for Castaway Cay. She is so fair and was only 14 months old.

I figure if I do one port every month, this will eat up some of the waiting time.

OK - just touching base. Hope all is well with you guys - we're such a small group for a vacation week cruise............ :confused3

Kristi, how are things going? How is the adoption going?

Hello all,
Just came back from a 4day wonder 3/13 it was our first cruise and loved it so much booked this 7day, hopefully weather is better in April than our March trip,with 5 people our AAA ta said we needed to get a cat 4 verandah deck,
but found out we could get 2 rooms in a cat 10 for almost half the cost:banana: this trip,now we have somthing to look forward to again! that's all the fun!

biggrininvasion.gif

Massachusetts is taking over the CRUISE! :lmao:

Ah, well, some would be very scared right now - but welcome! :scared1:

You were right to do the two cabins, I think. Although, now you don't have a verandah....... I just can't seem to cruise without a verandah anymore.

So, grab a seat, come along for the ride - it's a long one. :cutie:

How old are you're kids? I am making a MASS assumption there - you may be cruising with others.........

biggrininvasion.gif

Massachusetts is taking over the CRUISE! :lmao:

Ah, well, some would be very scared right now - but welcome! :scared1:

You were right to do the two cabins, I think. Although, now you don't have a verandah....... I just can't seem to cruise without a verandah anymore.

So, grab a seat, come along for the ride - it's a long one. :cutie:

How old are you're kids? I am making a MASS assumption there - you may be cruising with others.........

Hi Castlgazer,

I have 3 dd at cruise time they will be 11,9and9,(going on 18!) if you know what I mean,that's why I'll give up an awesome verandah for my space!!
look forward to talking with you all these coming months!
Bye for now.

:hyper: I think it's just that time of year, but I am totally overly obsessed with thinking about this cruise! :bitelip: It truly is a sickness.

I am very jealous yogibigdog, although I so am not ready to cruise right now. I am a total long range planner - I think I need a year to plan (and build up the travel account). Then when we get close, I will totally drop off in my planning routine and will forget things like making reservations and stuff. :eek:

My family knows this about me and knows to keep an eye on me as the date approaches. Last time I recruited our ship mates too to help me. These threads are like lifesavers for me. They keep me on track with my planning. :laughing: :rolleyes: :crazy:

I am focused on figuring out Chankanaab to see if that is better for us, with such small kids, versus just a beach day (i.e. like this: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm). I may also add here that we are VERY fair skinned people. We called our wee one, on our last cruise, the little vampiress. I even had a chemical warfare suit (you know, one of those full body keep-out-of-the-sun things) for her for Castaway Cay. She is so fair and was only 14 months old.

I figure if I do one port every month, this will eat up some of the waiting time.

OK - just touching base. Hope all is well with you guys - we're such a small group for a vacation week cruise............ :confused3

Kristi, how are things going? How is the adoption going?

Hi there! Gosh it seems like forever since I last checked this thread. Things have been very crazy here. We're still waiting for word on the adoption. We just keep getting either bad news or no news so we're struggling. And, on top of it, both my grandmother and my husband's grandmother (the last two grandparents remaining) passed away this month. And, on top of that, all three of us (hubby, me and dd age 5) have gotten the flu bug. I can't wait for April. All that craziness aside, we're still here and we're doing well now. We're hoping to hear something (anything!) about the adoption by the end of this month. We'll keep you informed. :)

So neat to see this thread slowing starting to add people. Welcome everyone! Pretty neat to see that you are all Mass. people. :) At least I'm on the same side of the country as you all. :) LOL

You take care and I'll try to get back into the swing of things with checking in! Kristi

Kristi -

Oh, so sorry to hear about your grandparents. That is very difficult regardless of how long and full of a life they led - truly difficult. My thoughts are with you. I also have my fingers crossed for good news soon! I got the flu too a few weeks back - that was horrific!

sending your good thoughts and our deepest sympathies:

sympathy_beach.jpg

Kristi -

Oh, so sorry to hear about your grandparents. That is very difficult regardless of how long and full of a life they led - truly difficult. My thoughts are with you. I also have my fingers crossed for good news soon! I got the flu too a few weeks back - that was horrific!

sending your good thoughts and our deepest sympathies:

sympathy_beach.jpg

Thank you for your kind words and expressions. We are doing well and are slowing getting life back to normal. I wish this cruise were this April. It's going to be a LOOOOOONG year. Take care and hopefully really soon I'll have good news. :) Kristi

We've just booked on this cruise!

This will be our very first Disney cruise (and the kids' first cruise!)

The kids will be 12 years old and 8 years old.

WE CAN'T WAIT!

Hi all! I wanted to let you know that my family will not be joining you for this cruise after all. Our adoption is taking alot longer than we had hoped and it looks as if we would be pushing it to finish the adoption with enough time to get a passport, etc. for our second child. So, we have pushed our trip off until October of 09. It was a pleasure e-mailing with you if even for a short time. Have a blast on your cruise! Kristi

Hi all! I wanted to let you know that my family will not be joining you for this cruise after all. Our adoption is taking alot longer than we had hoped and it looks as if we would be pushing it to finish the adoption with enough time to get a passport, etc. for our second child. So, we have pushed our trip off until October of 09. It was a pleasure e-mailing with you if even for a short time. Have a blast on your cruise! Kristi

Kristi... which one have you rebooked on? One of my friends (who introduced me on to this site, is going then!)

Kristi - you know now that what you have done is to leave the only people on this cruise as Massachusetts people, right?

You will be missed. As one who has been in may a meet thread and then changed my mind as to when we will be cruising, I say, HAVE FUN! I hope all goes well for you guys!

cctimmom - welcome! WELCOME TO THE DIS TOO!!!!!

Seriously, we have an overabundance of Mass people here! I have always been the only one from MA on the meet threads! This is either cool, or scary! :upsidedow Definitely lopsided. :banana: What fun!

This is our second cruise on DCL and will be our 4th overall cruise! You are going to love it! I cruised in 2006 on DCL so some of my font of information is a bit stale, but I can try and answer any questions. I also have not been on a Western yet, on any line, so this is a whole new set of learning potential. I love the planning stage so it's good that it's all new for me. :surfweb: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!