AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you activate your renewal pass, please make sure you closely monitor the expiration date on it. Even though mine said it was a renewal for Scorcerer, when I activated it, it originally showed the expiration date as one year out from the purchase date and not one year out from when my current AP expires. I had to go to guest services to get the expiration date changed to the correct date. Also when I tried going to extended evening hours, my magic band was already linked to the renewal AP after I activated it. When my magic band was scanned for access to the rides, it was saying I didn't have a valid hotel reservation. Luckily I had my old AP card from the still valid AP (not renewal) and that scanned in just fine for rides. It was almost like the magic band was looking at the renewal AP to determine hotel eligibility after I activated it and completely ignored the still valid one. The magic band still worked fine to access the parks though so who knows what was going on that night.

I got the renewal voucher in May for my AP that ends in March 2023...the expiration is one year from the date they gave it to me, but it is not yet active. It sounds like things are done differently now but I will be sure when I activate that pass when I am there for my Feb trip, I will be sure to pay attention that it does indeed go to March 2024 (which would be one year from when my current AP expires)

I think you got pixie-dusted; as far as I know, renewals always were contiguous with the prior pass. Probably because you were also renewing your pass very early?

I think you got pixie-dusted; as far as I know, renewals always were contiguous with the prior pass. Probably because you were also renewing your pass very early?
I was given such an early renewal because they messed up when I was there in March and took a day from my 10 day ticket instead of from my valid AP.

Since that type of ticket no longer exists, they could not give it back to me and the nagreed to let me renew early instead as it was clearly an error to have pulled the one day..the rest of the trip was done correctly and they had no idea why it did that.

So I have my current pass that goes until March 3 2023 and this new voucher that will go until March 2024 when I actually activate it during my Feb trip.

I was able to renew today. I don’t believe it’s a voucher. On MDE it’s listed as a separate pass from my original one. It’s labeled as a sorcerer pass renewal with valid dates from 10/9/22-10/8/23 (original pass expires 10/8/22).

I was able to renew today. I don’t believe it’s a voucher. On MDE it’s listed as a separate pass from my original one. It’s labeled as a sorcerer pass renewal with valid dates from 10/9/22-10/8/23 (original pass expires 10/8/22).

Definitely things have changed in what is being done. I now wonder if those who are not eligible to get the Sorcerer pass, but who did last year, will have difficulty if DVC is verifying and activating in one call.

Just to add I read the earnings call today didn’t sound to positive for AP sales starting anytime soon because demand for them is too high?
Yes, I interpreted that those that do have some sort of AP (DL or WDW) did not give them favorable numbers compared to day guests. Unless attendance drops significantly I don't get the sense they are selling any time soon.

During the questions and answers session, one of the questions was asking about what actions they would take to mitigate a decrease in attendance at the parks during a recession, and the CFO’s first and only example was talking about APs and how they could change the offerings. But then she followed that up with stating that they’re seeing NO signs of demand slowing.

And just to be more clear, it seems like she was referring to changing blackout dates on current APs to allow them in if things slowed down. So as far as new APs 🤷‍♀️

If I renew my AP online it says it is continuous with the old one and I do not have to go to guest services. Do I continue to use my AP card that I have now to show for discounts or do I need to get a new one?

If I renew my AP online it says it is continuous with the old one and I do not have to go to guest services. Do I continue to use my AP card that I have now to show for discounts or do I need to get a new one?

There are reports that the card is being discontinued and that for AP discounts, you need to pull your pass up in your MDE account now for those.

As a DVC member, are they allowing you to renew a Sorcerer pass online? If so, it is a change.

There are reports that the card is being discontinued and that for AP discounts, you need to pull your pass up in your MDE account now for those.

As a DVC member, are they allowing you to renew a Sorcerer pass online? If so, it is a change.
I am resale only so I am renewing the IncrediPass. My son who is a direct memeber had to call and renewed his over the phone

Perhaps when the 50th is over that demand will decrease plus with economy continuing to slide will lead back to APs. One can hope or I may be selling some of my points. Doesn't make sense to continue to buy tixs.

Imagine being one of the many people who recently moved to be close to Disney and you STILL can not get an AP. I feel for these people.

I did get an AP card in July that says 2022-2023 on it so at least a month ago they were still issuing cards when you activated your renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter