AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have Exchange Certificates for annual passes from 2004 when I bought SSR and was hoping to use next year. I hope they will allow it.
Us too. I have been wondering how that will work. I also want to wait until they are back to full normal before I try to exchange them. We have two exchange tickets and were thinking of using only one while saving the other for a different year. Then paying cash for the other family members. Spread the cost out in a small way. I can't believe it has been that long ago. With school, work and volunteering, they just sat in my files unused all this time, waiting for a better time to activate them.

I still have Exchange Certificates for annual passes from 2004 when I bought SSR and was hoping to use next year. I hope they will allow it.

They do. Be certain they give you the no black out date pass. I used an exchange certificate this spring and they wanted to give me the DVC pass with blackout dates until I pointed out the certificate was for pass with no blackout dates. The ticket CM checked with a supervisor and then changed the pass.

So how many APs hsve extra blackout days that they didnt have before?
Sorcerer pass has Thanksgiving dates blacked out, November 24-27, and December 18-31, this year.

I had had the Platinum pass before and it had no blackout dates, but was more expensive that Sorcerers is. I will be buying a pass for December 30 for MK, since that’s been a tradition for is. Even with that price added, the Sorcerer’s pass was a better buy than the pass without blackout dates, Incredipass I think it’s called.

Last edited:
The Sorcerer pass…replacement for the Gold…blocks Thanksgiving now when Gold blocked around Easter.

The dates around December seem to be the same as before.

If I recall, with the Gold pass you had two weeks of blockout dates around Easter. With Sorcerer's they are only blocking out 4 days around Thanksgiving in addition to the unchanging weeks around Christmas. So actually there are less blockout days vs the Gold pass. It was unfortunate for anyone who travels at Thanksgiving, though.

So how many APs hsve extra blackout days that they didnt have before?

Related to DVC - owners received discounts off 2 regular WDW AP's for a number of years before they introduced the Gold AP in 2015 that had Christmas/New Years and Easter blackout dates and was only available to qualified DVC owners and FL residents. The Gold equivalent morphed into the Sorcerer's pass - still with blackouts and only for qualified DVC owners and FL residents. So not a lot for DVC.

Thru out the years FL residents have had a few other pass options come and go with various restrictions including dates, parks and entry times.

The Sorcerer pass…replacement for the Gold…blocks Thanksgiving now when Gold blocked around Easter.

The dates around December seem to be the same as before.
Will be our first year in ages being blocked out the day after Thanksgiving With the Sorcerer pass.

decided to push things forward and end our “christmas trip“ by squeezing in the last day open for PH in December - 16th.

Only lemon was no discount for MVMCP tix our dates, still on fence, waiting to see how the MNSSHP is this year Before committing.

I’ll be sitting on pins and needles for the next 2 months refreshing the Disney news sites every chance I get. Will be cancelling 2 of our 4 trips (the first one being the week after thanksgiving) in the next year if we can’t get APs. 🤞🤞

Warning. Rumor. Speculation. Conjecture.
Plaintiff in Nielsen vs. Disney filed a motion to certify as a class action in May 2022.
Judge Carter is expected to rule on that motion about January 2023.
If approved, trial in the case might commence as early as July 2023.
Disclaimer. I am not a Disney insider. I have no connection to plaintiff or defendant or their law firms. I have no personal knowledge of the above information. The information may or may not be trustworthy. Anyone and everyone may have a different opinion on this information. It may or may not impact when AP sales may resume.
I have heard this as well. Exact dates.

I guess if the resumption of APs is depending on the outcome of this trial, the best that someone like me can hope for is the offering of some different type of multi-day ticket that would allow for 25+days per year. Great. Holding my breath

Judge Carter is expected to rule on that motion about January 2023.
If approved, trial in the case might commence as early as July 2023.
Ugh, that’s a long time for people to wait, especially captive audience of so many DVC members who have been waiting.

PS you may not be a lawyer but, you disclaimer is pretty impressive lol

I renewed my Sorcerer AP last week. I was chatting with the CM, he said there is no word on when new AP’s will be available for sale. I normally do not renew. I would buy new on my next trip and figured dates so that I would only buy an AP every 18 months. I would go twice a year and schedule my trip one week earlier the following year so I’d have 3 uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter