AP Rates at Universal Resorts?

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY

<font color=0099FF>Creates edible masterpieces<br>
O.K., this may be a dumb question, but I've never stayed onsite at a Universal resort before, so here goes...
I know that if I buy the AP, they offer discounts on their resort rates like Disney, but how do you find them? Do they release these like Disney does, or do you just have to call with your dates to see if they are available, or are they available all the time? We are about to purchase the "buy one year get one year free " passes, and would like to stay onsite during busier seasons for fotl....any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response!!! I just called the 800# and asked about the discounts, they quoted me $143 for our dates in Sept. (of this year)....
Also, I asked about the special they have on the AP newsletter online of 20% off multiday tickets for up to 6 people until Aug.31. The rep. told me that the 5 day for the price of 2 ticket was already discounted, so the AP discount would not apply. Anyone know how much a 4 day ticket is at the gate, and would it be cheaper than the online deal with the AP? Probably not, but worth a shot!!!

I dont know of a 4 day pass unless it would be a LOS at the hotels. If you need 4 days your best bet would be the 5 day at $89.95 online. But remember these passes expire after using the 5th consecutive day. Hope that helps!

Also check AAA South's rates out. Last year we stayed at HRH for 7 days ( Entertainment book rate of 125.00 per nite) We checked around for prices and they offered an AP for 99.00, about the price of a 2 day pass. We got it and got some additional perks and disc. They are offering a renewal for the AP's for 109.00. The only down side is that you need to drive to their office for the tickets.(about 10-15 min. from Universal)

We also got our AP's through AAA South in March, same deal!

Just wanted to mention mark & sandra, Universal has an AP renewal for $99.95. I dont know if this is the norm or a promotion that will be going away soon.

Renew Now And Save $70†!

Don't let that Annual Pass expire… renew your 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass now and lock in the special low renewal rate of $99.95 plus tax. You'll continue getting an entire year of fun and excitement for about the price of two single-day admissions, plus a Universe of special passholder benefits! Don't miss out on all the special events and exciting new attractions! Call 1-800-564-5764.

†Regular price $169.95 plus tax.

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/phi_newsletter.html

You're welcome. Were neighbors! St James. We had take out from Chan's tonight. :D

Wow, Mark, Sandra and JessicaR, my brother lives in Ronkonkama as well. Trying to convince him to come down to FL sometime !

We're doing the "buy a year, get a year free" AP this time, so they don't expire until Sept. 30,2005.....When was that $99 rate available? (ie: what month?) We plan to get a lot of use out of these passes since we only live about 5 hours away, and would love to stay onsite during the busy seasons, but I'm sure that's not when the $99 rate will be available!!! Thanks for all the input, I'll be at the AAA office when I buy these passes, so I'll check out their rates as well.

We got the 99.00 AP in Jan. 03. You could probably do better using the Entertainment rate of 50% off rack rate then the AP rate. The AP does have some good perks too; food and merchandise disc. are about 10-20%. I've seen the RP hotel as low as 99.00 using the Entertainment rate and have gotten the HRH for 125.00. The FOTL access was well worth the extra cost of staying at a hotel that compares to a Disney Deluxe hotel for only 125.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter