AP rates and existing April reservation...

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I booked my RPR room early fall....$350 for a water view room. Going in mid-April (14/15). I was really hoping an AP rate would come along. So, today I called Universal to see if there were any out and/or what were the chances of them coming out for my dates.
The gentleman I talked to took my info down, then said that all rooms in my catagory were sold out..no availability existed. Told me that I had the seasonal rate and was there anything else he could help me with.
So....I'm going to assume that if there are no rooms available that Universal will most likely not offer an AP rates for those dates???
So, I guess I have to just live with that wonderfully high rate. Aarrgghhh.

I booked my RPR room early fall....$350 for a water view room. Going in mid-April (14/15). I was really hoping an AP rate would come along. So, today I called Universal to see if there were any out and/or what were the chances of them coming out for my dates.
The gentleman I talked to took my info down, then said that all rooms in my catagory were sold out..no availability existed. Told me that I had the seasonal rate and was there anything else he could help me with.
So....I'm going to assume that if there are no rooms available that Universal will most likely not offer an AP rates for those dates???
So, I guess I have to just live with that wonderfully high rate. Aarrgghhh.

I just looked too and came up with rooms starting at CL at 394.00 a night. :scared1:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that maybe AP rates (or something better) comes out for you later this month. :hug:

Loews has been making alot of changes to the pricing at the hotels at Universal. With the opening of HP it seems that they don't need to be as forthcoming with discounts. Also the 15th date is GradBash so the park is going to be crazy!!

It is my understanding that they have even changed the TM rates so that there are not as many chances for TM's to stay on property but it can't hurt to keep trying. You never know!!

Good luck

Linda

Loews has been making alot of changes to the pricing at the hotels at Universal. With the opening of HP it seems that they don't need to be as forthcoming with discounts. Also the 15th date is GradBash so the park is going to be crazy!!

It is my understanding that they have even changed the TM rates so that there are not as many chances for TM's to stay on property but it can't hurt to keep trying. You never know!!

Good luck

Linda
Yikes!!! Glad we're heading to port on the 15th!! I had thought I might stay that night if the rates went down, but now it's a big old no to that. Thanks for the headsup.
I know that when my friend and I booked a room at RPR in Dec (8th), we paid about $150, AP rate. I knew I wouldn't get anything close to that in April but was hoping for low $200's....doubt that will happen.

GradBash won't have a lot of affect on the parks since it's an after hours event. The crowds will start to pick up in the afternoon but only for those who can enter during the day. It's like HHN...it doesn't have a lot to do with crowds during the day. Will it be busy? Yes but again...GradBash won't have a lot of affect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter