AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Has anyone been successful in renewing an Annual Platinum Plus Pass yet?

Received a call back yesterday for our Gold pass renewals. Missed call at 8:30pm, called back after 9pm, got the internet support center, who is fielding calls for them, and after a few minutes of behind the scenes chats with the folks in passholder services and another department, they said they would call me back in a minute. They saw I qualified for a new Gold pass, couldn't be done as a renewal since we received the refund for the 2020 passes. The process was painless, just need to be patient for those call backs, and if you miss the call, it isn't a nightmare as your account has a note on it for your status.

Checked account, and have the vouchers in the system that "expire" in 2099

I have a very similar situation. I did call, and waiting 2 weeks for the call back. I am being allowed to get a new annual pass, but since my tickets originally came from ******************, they are only able to upgrade in person (go figure, and hard to believe). I was told to visit guest services at Disney Springs. My account has been noted so wife & I can upgrade. We are holding 4 day hopper passes, purchased FEB 2020 with the plans to visit last DEC and upgrade to annual. GOOD LUCK
I was told just the opposite just now on my call back. I had to go ahead and purchase our tickets. Bought through third party approved ticket seller. I wanted to upgrade in person when we arrived, but CM said I would have to do it over the phone. I didnt like the price I was quoted and was pretty sure he wasn't giving me the full value for my purchased ticket. I checked and that was true. Does anyone know what the cost of the AP voucher actually is?

So I just got my call back about getting a new AP since we cancelled our last year. I had to go ahead and purchase our tickets for a trip in July, so we could make park reservations. I don't think the price I was quoted was correct. I did not purchase my tickets through Disney, if that makes a difference. He said the AP was $1272.68. Said I get credit for my ticket for $571.65, but I paid more than that for my ticket. I asked if I could upgrade upon arrival, but he said I would have to do it over the phone.

Does that sound correct?

So I just got my call back about getting a new AP since we cancelled our last year. I had to go ahead and purchase our tickets for a trip in July, so we could make park reservations. I don't think the price I was quoted was correct. I did not purchase my tickets through Disney, if that makes a difference. He said the AP was $1272.68. Said I get credit for my ticket for $571.65, but I paid more than that for my ticket. I asked if I could upgrade upon arrival, but he said I would have to do it over the phone.

Does that sound correct?

$1272.68 is the correct price for the platinum AP. What type of ticket did you already purchase (how many days, PH or not)?

So dates started July 1

You do not need to upgrade over the phone - you can do that in person after you arrive (just make sure to do it before the day ends on the last day you use your tickets). When I got my call back, we had also already purchased tickets - so the CM suggested that I wait until arrival to upgrade my DD's ticket at Guest Relations. We went to the Disney Springs location on the first day she used it, after her first use. I'm looking at my receipt now and honestly not sure if I even got the full value of her ticket toward the upgrade, but what's done is done now. :upsidedow

I'm not aware of all factors that could impact the value of your tickets, so I'd recommend taking a look at posts 5 & 6 of the Ticket sticky in this forum to calculate the value of your tickets. Make note of what you think the value of your ticket is (or take a screenshot), based on Disney's pricing (not based on what you paid) - and when you get there, as Robo says, ask nicely.

Date purchased can make a difference, but if bought recently an adult 7-day park-hopper starting 7/1/2021 should be valued at $649.61 (including tax).

Date purchased can make a difference, but if bought recently an adult 7-day park-hopper starting 7/1/2021 should be valued at $649.61 (including tax).
They were only giving me $571.65. So said I owed $701.03. Glad I waited. Just purchased a week ago. Maybe he was only giving regular and not park-hopper?

Has anyone been successful in renewing an Annual Platinum Plus Pass yet?
I was able to renew my gold and they asked me what pass I wanted to renew with. Platinum was offered . I can’t entirely recall if the plus was offered but I think so because they listed multiple. I do know that she confirmed I can always upgrade once I get to the park if I want to. This was after waiting almost a month for the phone call back from Disney to be able to do so.

Last edited:
I called to see if I could purchase an AP to replace the ones that I had cancelled during the close down and was put into their AP recovery process. It's almost 4 weeks since that call and our May vacation is coming up quickly and park reservations are filling up. Has anyone bought park tickets and later was able to apply that purchase price to the AP purchase when they finally received their call back? I've looked through this thread and wasn't able to find this answer and received conflicting information when I called Disney. Thanks in advance!
I bought tickets. Then when I was called for my pass renewal I asked (very politely) if she could credit the account for the ticket price. She was able to do so deducting it from the total on my pass. I think it depends on who you end up speaking with.

You do not need to upgrade over the phone - you can do that in person after you arrive (just make sure to do it before the day ends on the last day you use your tickets). When I got my call back, we had also already purchased tickets - so the CM suggested that I wait until arrival to upgrade my DD's ticket at Guest Relations. We went to the Disney Springs location on the first day she used it, after her first use. I'm looking at my receipt now and honestly not sure if I even got the full value of her ticket toward the upgrade, but what's done is done now. :upsidedow

I'm not aware of all factors that could impact the value of your tickets, so I'd recommend taking a look at posts 5 & 6 of the Ticket sticky in this forum to calculate the value of your tickets. Make note of what you think the value of your ticket is (or take a screenshot), based on Disney's pricing (not based on what you paid) - and when you get there, as Robo says, ask nicely.
Thank you!

Are people saying you are allowed to upgraded passes to a new AP now? When I purchased my new AP a couple months ago I was told that was not an option
I believe it's only for those who had an AP impacted by the closure period. APs are not yet available to the general public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!