AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I have APs that are not activated. They expire in 2030 and I bought them 2 years ago. My child is now 10, and when I bought them she was obviously a "Child" in Disney's eye. What happens when we go to activate now that Disney thinks she is an "adult"? I think the price was the same as an adult when I bought them.

I have APs that are not activated. They expire in 2030 and I bought them 2 years ago. My child is now 10, and when I bought them she was obviously a "Child" in Disney's eye. What happens when we go to activate now that Disney thinks she is an "adult"? I think the price was the same as an adult when I bought them.
I believe they are the same cost for annual passes and I’m not positive why they differentiate. Maybe someone else will correct me though lol

There are no "child" or "adult" APs. They are all the same price.

There are no "child" or "adult" APs. They are all the same price.

When I purchased it, there was a child AP. Again, I think the price was the same. Even when I looked at MDE, it says under tickets/passes for her "ages 3-9." But yes, I guess if the same price, it won't matter either way and will adjust when I activate it at GS.

When I got my new AP voucher, I *know* I read a page somewhere that listed Photopass and parking as now being included in the Silver Pass, but I'm second-guessing myself and now that I'm trying to find that page again, I can't find it anywhere. I don't remember if it was directly on Disney's site or if it was another site, but it was comparing all the pass options in a table to make it easy to see all of them at once. I can't find anything on the Disney website or app, since they're not publicly selling APs again yet and the only thing I can find in MDE is the blockout dates, but no info on any other benefits. Does anyone know of somewhere online that I can confirm what's included in the Silver Pass right now, or do I just have to call in and ask?

I had platinum annual passes for myself and my 10 yo daughter originally purchased through DVC. I opted for the partial refund last July. I just found out when I booked a DVC trip for this August that my pass was cancelled and refunded but my daughter's was not. (I wasn't sure exactly what the refund was supposed to be so didn't even pay much attention to the refund on my credit card.) My daughter's pass just expired 2 weeks ago.

I was on hold yesterday for a total of 2 hours and 44 minutes. I finally spoke to one person after 2 hours and he transferred me to someone else. The second person I talked to was very friendly and helpful (the first guy was not AT ALL, he was almost nasty, very UN-magical!). I was put on the "AP recovery" call back list. He very politely told me I could be waiting for 30 days.

I saw that someone else got called after 9 days on the list. Anyone else who was put on the list get called before the dreaded 30 days? I'm very worried that I'll be teaching or in the shower or something and miss the call. 😢

I had platinum annual passes for myself and my 10 yo daughter originally purchased through DVC. I opted for the partial refund last July. I just found out when I booked a DVC trip for this August that my pass was cancelled and refunded but my daughter's was not. (I wasn't sure exactly what the refund was supposed to be so didn't even pay much attention to the refund on my credit card.) My daughter's pass just expired 2 weeks ago.

I was on hold yesterday for a total of 2 hours and 44 minutes. I finally spoke to one person after 2 hours and he transferred me to someone else. The second person I talked to was very friendly and helpful (the first guy was not AT ALL, he was almost nasty, very UN-magical!). I was put on the "AP recovery" call back list. He very politely told me I could be waiting for 30 days.

I saw that someone else got called after 9 days on the list. Anyone else who was put on the list get called before the dreaded 30 days? I'm very worried that I'll be teaching or in the shower or something and miss the call. 😢
We were called back in 8 days, but we have a reservation in late April. Not sure if that made a difference.

When I got my new AP voucher, I *know* I read a page somewhere that listed Photopass and parking as now being included in the Silver Pass, but I'm second-guessing myself and now that I'm trying to find that page again, I can't find it anywhere. I don't remember if it was directly on Disney's site or if it was another site, but it was comparing all the pass options in a table to make it easy to see all of them at once. I can't find anything on the Disney website or app, since they're not publicly selling APs again yet and the only thing I can find in MDE is the blockout dates, but no info on any other benefits. Does anyone know of somewhere online that I can confirm what's included in the Silver Pass right now, or do I just have to call in and ask?

Free parking has always been included with all pass types.

Photo downloads have never been included with Silver, only Gold and above.

Anyone been able to renew since blizzard beach reopened? Were you offered the water park option? Wondering if we will be able to add the plus to our platinum vouchers when we go next month.

My Platinum Pass expired on March 19. It appears that I can renew online. All indications are that this would be the normal renewal process and that my start-up date would be the date that my previous pass expired. I probably won't visit WDW for at least 6 months so this would not be beneficial to me.

Has anyone renewed their annual pass that has recently expired? Did it come in the form of a voucher to be activated at a later date or was it the usual type of renewal with activation on expiration date of the old pass?

My Platinum Pass expired on March 19. It appears that I can renew online. All indications are that this would be the normal renewal process and that my start-up date would be the date that my previous pass expired. I probably won't visit WDW for at least 6 months so this would not be beneficial to me.

Has anyone renewed their annual pass that has recently expired? Did it come in the form of a voucher to be activated at a later date or was it the usual type of renewal with activation on expiration date of the old pass?
Our DVC Gold APs expired March 11. We renewed them on March 1 at DS, normal renewal expiring March 11 next year. We weren’t planning to renew because we didn’t expect to visit WDW again until November or December, but then we looked at the price for a 7-day hopper, and it was only about $20 less than a renewal AP. We don’t know what a new DVC Gold AP would cost - assuming we could buy one in November - but we know it will be a lot more than the renewal, so we opted to renew. And then we had opportunity to book an RCI exchange into SSR in June, so we’ll get to use our renewal APs then!

My Platinum expired on 1/1/21 after being extended from the closures, I renewed online sometime last month (don’t remember when to be honest) and did not receive a voucher. It was activated immediately and my new expiration date is 1/1/22.

Anyone had calls lately for buying new pass? I called a couple weeks ago, still waiting. (I know they said up to a month) Mine expired in November.

FYI, I called on March 8 to get added to the AP Recovery list. I got called March 29. My previous pass expired in April 2020 and canceled it in the fall. I did run into issues with park reservations with resort availability and AP availability fighting and had to call to get certain parks reserved. It did seem like reservations are in constant flux with people making changes and different pools available.

Thank you for these updates............I called about a week ago and look forward to hearing from them.
Getting shot number 2 soon.
Look forward to some Disney trips in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter