AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Our annual passes expired last March (9th) and we didn't renew because we didn't know what the parks were doing. Now we have multiple trips planned and they're not selling new passes. Is there any chance we could 'renew' these expired passes? I'm not looking for a discount, i'd pay "new" prices, I just would prefer an annual pass over the daily tickets given the nature of our planned trips (several 3-5 day trips).
Sorry out of luck

Great! We have been holding on to an AP voucher for years and we have 2 APs that we are waiting for a call back because they expired in Nov. 2020 and we forgot to renew. We have 4 people who need an AP, so I was going to try to renew the 2 gold DVC ones, but then reassign one and give our old Voucher to our DD who currently has the AP that can be renewed, since she lives there and could use the Platinum. That will cover 3 of us and save some money.

The fourth person will just have to buy regular tickets.

I phoned Annual Passholder line today requesting Early Annual Pass Renewal (my renewal window opens at the end of this month). I have a resort reservation for October and wanted to book park reservations. I was told that they will not renew annual passes early. They told me to buy regular tickets, and when my AP renewal window opens, phone to have the cost of the tickets applied to the AP renewal. Interesting.

Our annual passes expired last March (9th) and we didn't renew because we didn't know what the parks were doing. Now we have multiple trips planned and they're not selling new passes. Is there any chance we could 'renew' these expired passes? I'm not looking for a discount, i'd pay "new" prices, I just would prefer an annual pass over the daily tickets given the nature of our planned trips (several 3-5 day trips).

The best way to find out if they will allow you to purchase a new pass based on your circumstances is to call and ask - and then maybe ask again in person if you’re told no over the phone.

Today I got a call to let me know that my DD is eligible to purchase a new pass. I called last week and was told I’d get a call back within 30 days. The total price for the new pass (Platinum, non-FL resident) is $1,272.68. Since we’ve already purchased tickets, the CM’s advice was to wait until we arrive and go to Guest Relations to have the ticket price applied toward the AP purchase. While on the phone, I expected a “no” but asked anyway if they might make an exception and allow me to purchase a pass, too (mine expired in late December 2019), since my minor daughter will have one. The phone CM told me that he wouldn’t be able to approve that for me, but he was going to make a note in the file and suggested that I ask in person at Guest Relations when purchasing my DD’s pass. He said, “It’s always worth asking - the worst they can say is no.”

The best way to find out if they will allow you to purchase a new pass based on your circumstances is to call and ask - and then maybe ask again in person if you’re told no over the phone.

Today I got a call to let me know that my DD is eligible to purchase a new pass. I called last week and was told I’d get a call back within 30 days. The total price for the new pass (Platinum, non-FL resident) is $1,272.68. Since we’ve already purchased tickets, the CM’s advice was to wait until we arrive and go to Guest Relations to have the ticket price applied toward the AP purchase. While on the phone, I expected a “no” but asked anyway if they might make an exception and allow me to purchase a pass, too (mine expired in late December 2019), since my minor daughter will have one. The phone CM told me that he wouldn’t be able to approve that for me, but he was going to make a note in the file and suggested that I ask in person at Guest Relations when purchasing my DD’s pass. He said, “It’s always worth asking - the worst they can say is no.”
I wonder the price tag factor with all of the staffing and phone calls and confusion with cast advice ... eventually Disney has to throw in towel and Open up AP sales... otherwise guest relations line for Ticket Center at Disney Springs will be longer than long.
DVC Gold Pass was $632.71 and is now $650.72 :online source 2/23/21
3/4/21 Platinum AP no discount (Fl or DVC) $1272.68 : online source

I purchased Sunday 2/28/21 w/ DVC/Fl resident discount at Ticket Center in DS Platinum AP =$813.66 and includes expire date from extension to April 2022. No blockouts

Anybody else want to add their pricing.
Do you expect Disney to announce return of Sales and price increase at same time?
Do you think DVC will continue this perk at same time sales renew?

Last edited:

I wonder the price tag factor with all of the staffing and phone calls and confusion with cast advice ... eventually Disney has to throw in towel and Open up AP sales... otherwise guest relations line for Ticket Center at Disney Springs will be longer than long.
DVC Gold Pass was $632.71 and is now $650.72 :online source 2/23/21
3/4/21 Platinum AP no discount (Fl or DVC) $1272.68 :
I purchased Sunday 2/28/21 w/ DVC/Fl resident discount at Ticket Center in DS Platinum AP =$813.66 and includes expire date from extension to April 2022.

Anybody else want to add their pricing.
Do you expect Disney to announce return of Sales and price increase at same time?

Just renewed Monday waited an hour on hold with DVC MS

I received noticed my annual pass is expiring in Apr. it gives me the option to renew and I want to HOWEVER can someone clarify if I renew it. When will it be active??? When I renew it on that date or the first time I go thru a turnstile!
im in Canada 🇨🇦 and with the border still closed I just want to be sensible as the renewal rate is so much cheaper.

I received noticed my annual pass is expiring in Apr. it gives me the option to renew and I want to HOWEVER can someone clarify if I renew it. When will it be active??? When I renew it on that date or the first time I go thru a turnstile!
im in Canada 🇨🇦 and with the border still closed I just want to be sensible as the renewal rate is so much cheaper.
When you renew, the new pass begins right when the old one expires.

ETA: I hear you on the Canadian border issue. I'm Canadian too. We cancelled our passes last summer. We then bought new ones over the winter. Because we bought new passes at full price, ours won't be activated until we arrive. You could consider calling and asking for new passes instead of renewal passes. It will cost more, but if permitted, it could give you peace of mind.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply!
How long after my pass expiry do I have to renew?

Thank you for the reply!
How long after my pass expiry do I have to renew?
1 month. I edited my reply above, to suggest that you could always try for new passes instead of renewal passes. Disney may say no, but maybe worth a shot?

Thank you so much!
I think new passes are the way to go.
I’ll call the passholder line and inquire
I just don’t want to put out money again and lose months I can’t go.
Fingers crossed vaccine roll out quickly and safely for all. Get us back to our WDW lives!!!

Reactions: CJK
I phoned Annual Passholder line today requesting Early Annual Pass Renewal (my renewal window opens at the end of this month). I have a resort reservation for October and wanted to book park reservations. I was told that they will not renew annual passes early. They told me to buy regular tickets, and when my AP renewal window opens, phone to have the cost of the tickets applied to the AP renewal. Interesting.

Try again.

I just did the exact same thing Monday.

My pass expires the end of July. I want to be able to book parks for a fall trip I don’t even have booked yet. The cast member was happy to do it.

ETA: the cm on the passholder line could have handled the entire transaction had I wanted to use a credit card. But since I wanted to apply the value of an existing ticket in my account and a Disney gift card, he had to forward me to ticketing. But the cm there had no problem completing the transaction.

I now have my current AP and a renewal certificate in my MDE.

I was told the same, but ours doesn't expire until October and during our stay. Since were so far out from our expiration date and October trip, we purchased the requisite number of days in PH tickets so that we could make park reservations. We were told we could apply the cost toward our renewal when the 60 day window opened or just wait until we arrived in October and do it at Guest Services.

My experience today with the Passholder Line...
My wife and I had APs that expired during the pandemic (our 2 kids did not) and we were able to buy new APs that we haven’t activated yet. I called the AP line to see if they would let me purchase two APs for our kids so that we could all be on the same cycle and they said no (which I expected). I was told the only exception is that you can purchase a new AP for a child turning 3 who now needs a ticket (a little weird). Seems like WDW is planning an AP price increase or program change soon or really wants to limit capacity at the moment (or both!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter