AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Hopefully making progress on one of DH checks. Just received a call from Lake Buena Vista, I picked up immediately, lol..
the CM was calling to get a NEW ADDRESS...mind you, we received our partial refunds back in the summer and I gave AP CM's new addresses a month ago...low and behold, CM was calling again to confirm address..
Hopefully one of DH checks will be mailed...gave the CM the reference number that I was given for Friday's call...hopefully we will get this one soon and the other three soon!😀
ONE month today from the CM calling to confirm address. The saga continues on our AP refunds. Utterly ridiculous!! Guess I will have to waste another minimum hour on yet another follow up call!😡 In addition to AP Refunds, Blizzard Beach opened this week and we were promised our Water Park Refunds in November...still waiting. This is so unacceptable!

Last edited:
I believe the Platinum Plus AP will be available starting tomorrow (3/7) when Blizzard Beach opens. You should be able to upgrade.
Well, today is March 7. I called this morning at 7am and got the same BS. So Platinum Plus is not available starting March 7.

So I’m trying to catch up on this thread after not checking on it much in the past 2 months. I want to double check with others’ experiences to see if what I want can/will most likely happen.

We had out of state Platinum Plus APs that expired June 2020. I would like to purchase regular out of state APs (not Platinum Plus); however, I don’t want to activate until our next planned trip in November 2021 so that they would expire in November 2022.

Is there even a possibility of this working? Or if I get to purchase our APs, will I have to have them start/end in June since that was my original expiration date? I realize nothing is set in stone but am open to any advice, experiences, etc.

So I’m trying to catch up on this thread after not checking on it much in the past 2 months. I want to double check with others’ experiences to see if what I want can/will most likely happen.

We had out of state Platinum Plus APs that expired June 2020. I would like to purchase regular out of state APs (not Platinum Plus); however, I don’t want to activate until our next planned trip in November 2021 so that they would expire in November 2022.

Is there even a possibility of this working? Or if I get to purchase our APs, will I have to have them start/end in June since that was my original expiration date? I realize nothing is set in stone but am open to any advice, experiences, etc.
If I'm understanding your situation correctly, you can call the passholder line and purchase vouchers for new Platinum APs at the current cost of a new pass. These will be vouchers that will have a start date based on the first time you use them for park entry.

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, you can call the passholder line and purchase vouchers for new Platinum APs at the current cost of a new pass. These will be vouchers that will have a start date based on the first time you use them for park entry.
Thank you! That’s exactly what I was wanting to do

Well, today is March 7. I called this morning at 7am and got the same BS. So Platinum Plus is not available starting March 7.
I had heard they would be an option for “recovery” APs once the first waterpark is open. APs still aren’t generally available so it’s not surprising you can’t upgrade through regular ticket sales; did you call the AP number? If you are still there you could try in-person - maybe try at BB instead of DS.

I am out of state and had an Platinum AP that was expiring on May 8, 2020. I called on May 4, 2020 and requested the cancellation with refund option. I received my refund in mid September.

I called on February 24, 2021 and made my request to purchase a new Platinum AP. They took my information, said there was no guarantee that I could buy a new pass but I would be called back within 30 days. Because I have a trip with extended family set for the first part of June, I went ahead and on March 4, 2021 purchased a discounted 5 day park hopper from UC requesting the hard ticket to be mailed option. UC emailed me a ticket number the next day that I used to make my park reservations. The actual ticket is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Today, March 7 (on a Sunday no less) I got a call from Disney ticketing and was given the opportunity to purchase the annual pass at the current rate of $1,272.68, but was given full credit for the Disney price of the 5 day park hopper ticket. The lady that called me explained that all my park reservations would remain intact but I would need to take the voucher information they would email to me to guest services outside one of the parks or Disney Springs to activate the AP. The AP will start the day I first use it to enter a parks. She even asked me to log into my MDE account while she still on the phone with me so I could verify the resort and park reservations were still there. I am a happy person today!

I phoned Annual Passholder line today requesting Early Annual Pass Renewal (my renewal window opens at the end of this month). I have a resort reservation for October and wanted to book park reservations. I was told that they will not renew annual passes early. They told me to buy regular tickets, and when my AP renewal window opens, phone to have the cost of the tickets applied to the AP renewal. Interesting.
I chatted with a CM on the DVC site and got the opposite response. My pass expires in SEptember and I have a reservation for October and can not make park reservations. The CM said I can renew my pass and have the certificate on my account and make park reservations.

Can you please report back with your experience?
I want to do the same for APs that expire in April (have not used since before the park closure).
Will do! I’m planning on calling whenever I get down time at work this week.

Hi! I haven't checked this thread in a while but I was able to 'renew' our passes that we canceled over the summer. Our APs (out of state) were set to expire in August of 2020 (then they extended our expiration date), but we canceled them around May/June. I wrote an email and called asking to renew our passes and about a month later we received a call back. We are now DVC owners so we were able to do the DVC rate for our new APs. I am so grateful to have our APs back!

I had heard they would be an option for “recovery” APs once the first waterpark is open. APs still aren’t generally available so it’s not surprising you can’t upgrade through regular ticket sales; did you call the AP number? If you are still there you could try in-person - maybe try at BB instead of DS.
I tried VIP Passholder, ticket services, guest services and email all today. No dice. I was a Platinum Plus and cancelled and they won't allow me to do it, despite saying they would Thursday. So sick of Disney BS. Nah, don't take my money.

Thanks for everyone’s comments here which were very helpful to me!
Our APs were expiring Nov 2020. We cancelled due to covid via the email Disney sent. All our passes were cancelled and refunds received by September, except for the pass belonging to my now 5yo. Somehow that one was missed. His pass is still active and now expires 4/2021. I didn’t bother to call at the time and waste 2 hours trying to get a refund for that.
On 2/25 I called ticketing to request new annual passes, as we plan to return to Disney later this year. I got a call back today (11 days later). We were able to purchase Gold passes for everyone in the party. They allowed me to purchase one for my 5yo that will start when ours start so we will be on the same cycle. They also allowed me to purchase one for my now 3yo who didn’t need a pass previously.
Immediately after the phone call I could see the passes were active in MDE and I was able to make park reservations! I’m thrilled to be headed back to Disney soon!

Trying to decide what to do; my son and I will be eligible for APs based on the criteria previously discussed on this thread (mine was cancelled in august, my son just turned 3) My husband will not be as he hasn’t previously had an AP; obviously some pixie dust may happen but I want to assume that is not going to happen. We currently have 10 day tickets with park hopper & sports and will be in Florida from March 20-April 4. Right now we have park passes for all 10 days for all of us, I worry if I change to AP it will be harder to get reservations for my son and I that match my husbands; but with parking and my desire to have memory maker it is obviously worth it to upgrade my son and/or myself to an AP (we will be back for a wedding in October). Should I try to upgrade us all now? Keep my tickets with my guaranteed dates during this busy time? Try to upgrade at Disney springs later in the trip (I assume I won’t get all my parking refunded if I do this option)?

Trying to decide what to do; my son and I will be eligible for APs based on the criteria previously discussed on this thread (mine was cancelled in august, my son just turned 3) My husband will not be as he hasn’t previously had an AP; obviously some pixie dust may happen but I want to assume that is not going to happen. We currently have 10 day tickets with park hopper & sports and will be in Florida from March 20-April 4. Right now we have park passes for all 10 days for all of us, I worry if I change to AP it will be harder to get reservations for my son and I that match my husbands; but with parking and my desire to have memory maker it is obviously worth it to upgrade my son and/or myself to an AP (we will be back for a wedding in October). Should I try to upgrade us all now? Keep my tickets with my guaranteed dates during this busy time? Try to upgrade at Disney springs later in the trip (I assume I won’t get all my parking refunded if I do this option)?
Based on posts on this and other threads, upgrading your tickets won't affect your pre-existing park passes at all. They'll just stay as they are (unless you cancel them).

Based on posts on this and other threads, upgrading your tickets won't affect your pre-existing park passes at all. They'll just stay as they are (unless you cancel them).
Even for non property reservations? Sorry if this is a redundant question. This thread is long and I have been trying to get through it going backwards but haven’t made it all the way yet. It’s hard managing my desire to spend all my time researching this trip and working the job that pays for it.

Even for non property reservations? Sorry if this is a redundant question. This thread is long and I have been trying to get through it going backwards but haven’t made it all the way yet. It’s hard managing my desire to spend all my time researching this trip and working the job that pays for it.
Of course nothing is 100%, but all indications are that the park passes will stick around if you switch your ticket media.

So daughter got a call back and was able to purchase new Gold APs for the ones that expired in November. We were NOT able to reassign the APs. It showed we could, but when we tried , it would not do it. So I guess she will try to upgrade to Platinum when she uses it. Some lucky family member will get our voucher worth a Platinum pass!

So daughter got a call back and was able to purchase new Gold APs for the ones that expired in November. We were NOT able to reassign the APs. It showed we could, but when we tried , it would not do it. So I guess she will try to upgrade to Platinum when she uses it. Some lucky family member will get our voucher worth a Platinum pass!
Interesting/surprising that the vouchers can’t be reassigned. Wonder if anyone else has had that experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter