AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Update on recent AP repurchase experience:

• Opted for the refund on our AP due to expire in October (originally June +117days)
  • Not locals
  • Called on Feb 13 to see if we could repurchase APs (platinum level). Gave since details and was told we would receive a phone call within 30 days
  • Received our call back on February 25th. The CM was super helpful and said that we could repurchase annual passes. No discounts. We did however have eight day park tickets (from UC tourist) on our account and they were able to use the value from those and apply it to the tickets.
  • the tickets are essentially vouchers. And will not go into effect until we activate them upon arrival for our trip in May.
Hope this is helpful for someone in the same situation.

This is consistent with what other AP holders are experiencing. When you have a resort stay booked, you can only reserve park passes available from the resort bucket, regardless of AP availability. I don't know of anyone finding a way around this, but I would still call and try.
Just an update - I was able to finally get through to Internet Customer Service and they were able to book the reservation I wanted. I was told the Passholder Support team could also take care of this issue.

I decided to renew my out of state Platinum AP early today, to be able to book parks for a couple trips later in the fall. My pass expires at the end of July, so this is about 5 months early.

I started with the VIPassholder line (6 minutes on hold). He would/could have done it if I had been paying in full with a credit card, but since I wanted to use the value of an existing ticket and a gift card, he had to transfer me to ticketing. That hold time was about 90 minutes, so I put my phone on speaker and cleaned my kitchen. :)

Great CM when I got through. One small annoyance was that the system would only credit me about $366 for a ticket that I paid $399 for from Shades of Green (would have been about $420 from Disney), but I wasn't going to quibble over $33.

Total cost for Platinum out of state renewal: $1080.98

Now I'm all set until July 2022, with the bonus of no worries about potential price increases.

If you cancelled your APs & took the refund, what number are you calling to ask to repurchase now, the AP line or regular CRO? Sorry, I haven’t paid attention because we didn’t cancel ours. But I have a relative who did & is now planning a trip in May & next spring. So they’d like to get APs again. Thanks!

I went to Ticket Center near the Guest Services at Disney Springs yesterday. I originally had Platinum DVC that expired Nov or Dec 2020 and received the extension thru April 2021.
My new platinum pass w DVC / Fl resident was $813.66 and expires April 27,2022.
They open at 10 a.m. and I was only guest with 5 castmembers.
I am starting to worry about price increase for ticketing, etc.... Is anybody else ?
P.S. I also need to price ticketing for 2 grandchildren for yearly Holiday week trip. It’s tradition but NYE is pricing $159 with price surge.

Last edited:

I went to Ticket Center near the Guest Services at Disney Springs yesterday. I originally had Platinum DVC that expired Nov or Dec 2020 and received the extension thru April 2021.
My new platinum pass w DVC / Fl resident was $813.66 and expires April 27,2022.
They open at 10 a.m. and I was only guest with 5 castmembers.
I am starting to worry about price increase for ticketing, etc.... Is anybody else ?
P.S. I also need to price ticketing for 2 grandchildren for yearly Holiday week trip. It’s tradition but NYE is pricing $159 with price surge.

The prices were just adjusted a week or so ago so I'm not concerned about pricing at the moment.

The prices were just adjusted a week or so ago so I'm not concerned about pricing at the moment.
Actually I just found my DVC Platinum Pass purchase amount on my calendar and the purchase price was same $813 on 11/29/19 .
If they bring back AP ’s , it would be very surprising to continue the price from 2019... and we have all been surprised sometimes and wish we had purchased the day before.

Actually I just found my DVC Platinum Pass purchase amount on my calendar and the purchase price was same $813 on 11/29/19 .
If they bring back AP ’s , it would be very surprising to continue the price from 2019... and we have all been surprised sometimes and wish we had purchased the day before.

I agree. We renewed our APs asap at the 60 day mark. I fully expect the next price increase to come with a reduction in access/benefits as well, especially for gold and silver passes that already have restrictions.

Didn’t think about access/ benefit changes . They will probably give them different names to make it too confusing to compare.

Update on recent AP repurchase experience:

• Opted for the refund on our AP due to expire in October (originally June +117days)
  • Not locals
  • Called on Feb 13 to see if we could repurchase APs (platinum level). Gave since details and was told we would receive a phone call within 30 days
  • Received our call back on February 25th. The CM was super helpful and said that we could repurchase annual passes. No discounts. We did however have eight day park tickets (from UC tourist) on our account and they were able to use the value from those and apply it to the tickets.
  • the tickets are essentially vouchers. And will not go into effect until we activate them upon arrival for our trip in May.
Hope this is helpful for someone in the same situation.

Did you receive the same amount you paid for the UC Tourist tickets? Or was it a lesser value? I’m trying to decide if I should buy tickets straight through Disney or UC T.

It wasn't AP prices that were adjusted, it was ticket prices. Disney can now do this without any real announcement, since prices vary by date. So without comparing the same date the previous year, an increase isn't obvious.

I agree. We renewed our APs asap at the 60 day mark. I fully expect the next price increase to come with a reduction in access/benefits as well, especially for gold and silver passes that already have restrictions.

I just called today to renew mine well before the 60-day mark. About 5 months early, in fact. Disney is allowing this (can't be done online, must be by phone or in person), to allow for booking park reservations beyond an existing expiration date. I did it for that reason, and also to stay ahead of any potential AP price hike.

Which means repurchase vouchers would be declared invalid

Nope, anything purchased in advance is always grandfathered in to remain valid.

It wasn't AP prices that were adjusted, it was ticket prices. Disney can now do this without any real announcement, since prices vary by date. So without comparing the same date the previous year, an increase isn't obvious.

I just called today to renew mine well before the 60-day mark. About 5 months early, in fact. Disney is allowing this (can't be done online, must be by phone or in person), to allow for booking park reservations beyond an existing expiration date. I did it for that reason, and also to stay ahead of any potential AP price hike.

Nope, anything purchased in advance is always grandfathered in to remain valid.
Well with almost 5000 posts, I think it is safe to agree pricing is a factor only Disney knows. I am not trying to be the most correct just wanting to mention an actual result that includes a price. it has been frustrating as so many mention their success with getting new ticketing vouchers without the determined price . It is also almost impossible to find current info on the WDW and DVC websites. But we all know about price surge and price increase. A few of us wanted to go ahead and make the purchase to book our Park Pass entry . I expected an increase and was surprised in a positive way. And I only had to wait 5 minutes instead of a 2 week call back timeframe. What’s up with that?
So just a reminder.

Did you receive the same amount you paid for the UC Tourist tickets? Or was it a lesser value? I’m trying to decide if I should buy tickets straight through Disney or UC T.

I'm fairly certain I got the gate price, not the discounted UC price. So I saved like 30bucks each AP.

Well with almost 5000 posts, I think it is safe to agree pricing is a factor only Disney knows. I am not trying to be the most correct just wanting to mention an actual result that includes a price. it has been frustrating as so many mention their success with getting new ticketing vouchers without the determined price . It is also almost impossible to find current info on the WDW and DVC websites. But we all know about price surge and price increase. A few of us wanted to go ahead and make the purchase to book our Park Pass entry . I expected an increase and was surprised in a positive way. And I only had to wait 5 minutes instead of a 2 week call back timeframe. What’s up with that?
So just a reminder.

For AP prices or ticket prices? AP prices have not gone up.

So just a reminder.

Data points are always good to have. That's why I also shared my experience and the price I paid.

My only point was that you seemed to be disputing the recent price adjustment, since your AP cost was the same. The comment about the price increase was about tickets, not APs.

Our annual passes expired last March (9th) and we didn't renew because we didn't know what the parks were doing. Now we have multiple trips planned and they're not selling new passes. Is there any chance we could 'renew' these expired passes? I'm not looking for a discount, i'd pay "new" prices, I just would prefer an annual pass over the daily tickets given the nature of our planned trips (several 3-5 day trips).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter