AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I just got my callback to "repurchase" Annual Passes. My best guess was about a 2 1/2 week wait. We were/are out of state Platinum Passholders. I did confirm that our passes will allow us to make park reservations and book at Annual Pass discounts, but the passes won't be activiated until we return on site and enter the parks.

The lady was super nice; much more "Disney" than others lately. I wouldn't have re-bought, but we had airline vouchers for four cancelled 2020 trips that had to be re-booked. So hopeful that there will be magic again by Spring...

I've been checking and checking my credit card statement waiting for my AP cancellation refund since mine expired at the end of April and I knew we would not be back in time for me to use it even with the extensions. To my surprise I received a check in the mail and not a credit to my card. We haven't gone through mail in a couple of weeks so not sure when it finally came. But wanted to say, check you mail even if you paid by cc.

Lol, how the hell do you not go through mail for weeks at a time?

I just got my callback to "repurchase" Annual Passes. My best guess was about a 2 1/2 week wait. We were/are out of state Platinum Passholders. I did confirm that our passes will allow us to make park reservations and book at Annual Pass discounts, but the passes won't be activiated until we return on site and enter the parks.

The lady was super nice; much more "Disney" than others lately. I wouldn't have re-bought, but we had airline vouchers for four cancelled 2020 trips that had to be re-booked. So hopeful that there will be magic again by Spring...
Was the AP price the same as pre-Covid?

And, I just got the call. Lol! I was able to purchase a new AP for my daughter. DVC Gold. The CM was very nice and it was overall a very good experience. There was no option to do a survey at the end of the call, which I would have been happy to do for her.

She did say that I was almost missed because my account shows 2 AP renewal vouchers and she had to look at the account more closely before she realized that it was my DDs AP I had called about.

Cancelled our passes on the last day possible, fearing we would have no trips in sight for a while. Received our refund end September. Now wanting to book 3 quick trips in January and April and can't justify the cost of park tickets. Called to see if I could be added to a callback list, was informed there was no such thing.. Anyone know where to turn to or when AP sales might begin again? Sign, someone with serious canceller's remorse, LOL.

Cancelled our passes on the last day possible, fearing we would have no trips in sight for a while. Received our refund end September. Now wanting to book 3 quick trips in January and April and can't justify the cost of park tickets. Called to see if I could be added to a callback list, was informed there was no such thing.. Anyone know where to turn to or when AP sales might begin again? Sign, someone with serious canceller's remorse, LOL.
Call the VIP Passholder line - they will take your name and add you to the call back list

I want to acknowledge previous posters who made me aware about the possibility to purchase a new annual pass. It was processed this morning and, in contrast with other posters, the procedure could not have been easier for me.

I had renewed my Platinum annual pass in early January 2020. A couple of days before the August 11 deadline, I filled the request to get a partial reimbursement on my pass. The reimbursement appeared on my credit card on September 29.

Moreover, I also had a resort reservation for mid-October, which I decided to postpone. On Sunday, October 11, I called WDW to change my resort reservation and, following the information asked by the automated system, I was put in touch with an agent with no wait. Once the agent has processed the reservation change, I added that I had heard from this forum about the possibility to purchase a new annual pass, and I asked her whether she can help me. She knew what I was talking about, she asked me a couple of questions to validate my eligibility, and she filled a form for me. She told me that another agent would call me within 48 to 72 hours. From this forum, I suspected a longer delay. Indeed, I had the call this morning (16 days later). The person had all my information in front of her eyes. She confirmed the info, she gave me the price ($1195 + tax = $1272,68), she explained the annual pass would be activated once I enter the park for the first time, and she asked my credit card information. The new annual pass appeared immediately in My Disney Experience. As a consequence, I also had the opportunity to modify my resort reservation to get the annual passholder price.

Without the information posted in this forum, I would not have been aware of this opportunity, so thank you!

I want to acknowledge previous posters who made me aware about the possibility to purchase a new annual pass. It was processed this morning and, in contrast with other posters, the procedure could not have been easier for me.

I had renewed my Platinum annual pass in early January 2020. A couple of days before the August 11 deadline, I filled the request to get a partial reimbursement on my pass. The reimbursement appeared on my credit card on September 29.

Moreover, I also had a resort reservation for mid-October, which I decided to postpone. On Sunday, October 11, I called WDW to change my resort reservation and, following the information asked by the automated system, I was put in touch with an agent with no wait. Once the agent has processed the reservation change, I added that I had heard from this forum about the possibility to purchase a new annual pass, and I asked her whether she can help me. She knew what I was talking about, she asked me a couple of questions to validate my eligibility, and she filled a form for me. She told me that another agent would call me within 48 to 72 hours. From this forum, I suspected a longer delay. Indeed, I had the call this morning (16 days later). The person had all my information in front of her eyes. She confirmed the info, she gave me the price ($1195 + tax = $1272,68), she explained the annual pass would be activated once I enter the park for the first time, and she asked my credit card information. The new annual pass appeared immediately in My Disney Experience. As a consequence, I also had the opportunity to modify my resort reservation to get the annual passholder price.

Without the information posted in this forum, I would not have been aware of this opportunity, so thank you!

Do you mind me asking what the questions were for eligibility? I have talked to 2 CMs who seemingly have no idea what I am talking about when I ask to purchase a new pass as I cancelled the day of Aug 11th. Thank you so much in advance.

Do you mind me asking what the questions were for eligibility? I have talked to 2 CMs who seemingly have no idea what I am talking about when I ask to purchase a new pass as I cancelled the day of Aug 11th. Thank you so much in advance.

Basically, as far as I remember, I had to hold a valid annual pass when the parks closed and to ask for reimbursement before the Aug. 11 deadline. I think people who didn't have an active annual pass when the parks closed are not eligible.

Basically, as far as I remember, I had to hold a valid annual pass when the parks closed and to ask for reimbursement before the Aug. 11 deadline. I think people who didn't have an active annual pass when the parks closed are not eligible.

Thank you! We meet both of those requirements, will try to purchase APs for our end of January trip again!

Thank you! We meet both of those requirements, will try to purchase APs for our end of January trip again!
Keep trying, took me a few weeks of waiting for someone to get back to me and then another 1.5 hours on the phone, passed around to finally buy a new AP. I renewed in December and cancelled right away as well before the deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter