AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I’ve been following this issue pretty closely, but still confused. I have a couple paid in full platinum APs with an original expiration date of 8/25. I would like a refund, which option do I have...

a) a partial refund for the dates when the park was closed until re-opening; AP would remain active 7/11-8/25

b) a partial refund for the date of park closure through 8/25

c) either a or b

Thanks!

Dilemma: Paid AP holder expiry in April 2021. Hold a resort reservation for Sept 2020. Want to visit parks this summer, but also want to ensure we can visit parks in Sept for our resort stay. We live local. Would you:

1-on 22 June make resort length of stay park reservations
or
2-on 22 June make 3 random days of park reservations
I’m in the same boat (long weekend on site in November but kind of would want to go on a day trip in Sept or Oct)

Dilemma: Paid AP holder expiry in April 2021. Hold a resort reservation for Sept 2020. Want to visit parks this summer, but also want to ensure we can visit parks in Sept for our resort stay. We live local. Would you:

1-on 22 June make resort length of stay park reservations
or
2-on 22 June make 3 random days of park reservations

Similar situation, except not local. Hold a resort reservation for December 2020 and a planned offsite trip in August. Our added wrinkle is that we live in CT and who knows if the NY/NJ/CT quarantine will still be in effect in August, I'm thinking no but I'm also not feeling 100% optimistic about it.

I'm assuming you have the same concerns that I do, that making the resort-associated park reservations on Monday will lock us up for doing anything on Friday. Oh, I see your dates are off, the 2nd choice should the he 26th, right?

Indeed the million dollar question.

Since I got "all circuits are busy" a few times on the passholder phone line yesterday, I decided to email this exact question. No response back yet, of course, but I'll share here if I ever hear back before we figure it out.

Also in my email I asked how a refund would be calculated should we request one.

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

1-on 22 June make park reservation for lenght-of-stay?

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

3-can I hold both simultaneously?

I called this morning and talked to a CM. We currently have a November trip planned at POFQ, a DVC trip in December, and we might go a couple days in January. The CM said there is no limit of days for an AP as long as there is a resort reservation. She said I could book for the length of my stay for each resort stay and also book up to 3 days without a reservation

I'm assuming you have the same concerns that I do, that making the resort-associated park reservations on Monday will lock us up for doing anything on Friday. Oh, I see your dates are off, the 2nd choice should the he 26th, right?

Nope, I still meet the 22 June criteria, I believe.... just not wanting to make length-of-stay reservations that day......

The CM said there is no limit of days for an AP as long as there is a resort reservation. She said I could book for the length of my stay for each resort stay and also book up to 3 days without a reservation

Wow! This would be my *ideal* situation, but I'm finding it hard to believe.... not doubting that the CM told you that, totally believe you. Just that on 22 June, I'd hoped to be able to book my Sept length-of-stay as well as 3 days random park visits before then. But on another thread here, I'm reading that there is a 60-day window..... that 22 June will be only for July/August resort reservations.... if that's true, and I can't find it anywhere, I can only book random days park visits on 26 June. *sigh*.... this is hard. Like math hard.....

I reached out to my TA this morning about our May 2021 trip (already booked) and she let me know some things that might be of interest to y'all:

1) No booking park days for 2021 resort reservations on Monday. Just 2020 trips.

2) Info is mixed on whether or not 2021 resort reservations can start booking park days on the 24th or the 28th. She advised us to prepare for the 24th just in case.

3) The system should work the same as FPs did, in that I should be able to make park reservations for May/June 2021 even though my AP is set to expire in December.

4) A linked AP voucher will also count for "valid admission media" to book park days even if it's not active yet.

She also reassured us that there really aren't many people booked for 2021 at this point and capacity will be higher by then, so if you're currently worried about getting into the parks on a 2021 trip, don't be.

We'll see what happens on Monday but I'm feeling a lot better about things.
Can I ask what TA company is your TA associated with? Where is she getting here info? No other TAs are seeing this from those I've talked to.

I will be taking the full refund for the remainder of my AP. I don't even have to give that a second thought.

No guarantee of entry, no parades, fireworks, special events... I can't imagine why anyone would not take the money back and just wait for it to be Disney World again. But to each their own.

I thought the refund was only for the closure period. You can get a refund for the remaining balance of the AP?

Can I ask what TA company is your TA associated with? Where is she getting here info? No other TAs are seeing this from those I've talked to.

Nope, that agency can't be mentioned on the boards. All I can say is it's one pretty well known for their agency exclusive rates (convention group bookings via contracting with Disney). She said their agents received the info from Disney.

I thought the refund was only for the closure period. You can get a refund for the remaining balance of the AP?

Yes, as I gave info to several weeks ago that they were allowing it, AND per the official email/new info sent out yesterday, a final option of fully cancelling your annual pass and a refund for the remaining amount is an option.

We are AP holders that were to expire at the end of April. Our passes that expired are now back in our MDE with a new expiration around the end of August. We have a DVC stay in Sept, Jan 2021 and April 2021. I assume we now can’t renew until 60 days prior which is after the June 22nd Park reservation system opens. I’ve tried calling but only get a busy signal, I’ve tried to find the answer here but am over looking it or no one has asked this. Will the reservation system assume we are renewing our AP or will it think we have no tickets during our Sept stay and not allow us to make a park reservation until after we are able to renew?

Nope, I still meet the 22 June criteria, I believe.... just not wanting to make length-of-stay reservations that day......

Oh, maybe I misunderstood, then. I thought the 3 random not-associated-with-a-resort-reservation days for AP holders started on the 26th, even if you held a resort reservation...or maybe I just assumed that. They certainly haven't provided a ton of details.

AP here. Originally expired in mid Jan.....now mid May
We will keep it and go as planned in Dec. and we booked a Mar. trip to make up for the May one that was cancelled.

Nope, that agency can't be mentioned on the boards. All I can say is it's one pretty well known for their agency exclusive rates (convention group bookings via contracting with Disney). She said their agents received the info from Disney.

Got it. And yes, forgot the rules. Wonder if this got shared this morning as I pinged Some TAs from a few of the bigger companies last night.

Just checked the expiration dates of our tickets. My platinum AP still says 2030, since I haven't used it yet, my daughter's platinum AP which was originally due to expire in January 2021 still says January 2021, so no extension has been given to her yet, and my son's 8 day park hopper which I was going to upgrade to an AP during our May trip has been extended from December 2020 to January 2022.

Right now my biggest concern is using my brand new AP not knowing when or if I will be able to use it a second time. Which means I could end up wasting several hundred dollars.

Does anyone know if a full refund of an unused AP is possible? Sure would be nice to have that $1300 to use towards a vacation somewhere else.
Your son's 8-day park hopper now has an expiration date of January 2022???

Oh, maybe I misunderstood, then. I thought the 3 random not-associated-with-a-resort-reservation days for AP holders started on the 26th, even if you held a resort reservation...or maybe I just assumed that. They certainly haven't provided a ton of details.
My interpretation is
Monday the 22nd Resorts (AP, Package, other tickets)
Friday the 26th offsite AP
Sunday the 28th offsite non AP + 2021 packages will be released and you can book resorts with package

That doesn't make any sense........ my pass expired in april originally, and as such (I counted, i lost 22 days), if the park opens on July 11th my pass should expire sometime around start of August. So how am i supposed to renew if they aren't even gonig to "populate" the extension until October???
So when are we going to get this extension? All in October, November??? One month for use when?
Sorry is this has been answered. My Platinum AP now shows expiration of 8/8. Confused about the extra month being visible in October 2020. Does that mean I will get an extra month later this fall?
Yes very confused about October? my pass was originally going to expire at the end of April and now has a end of August extension. Definitely no extra month. We have a trip in September and it would be nice to have the extra month. I didn’t renew at the time because everything is so uncertain and DH does not have tickets.

Have any of you called? Asking because I’m in a similar situation and I don’t trust the info I was given. Our Plat Plus APs were extended to Aug 8. We are trying to go Aug 20-30, already have Dolphin booked and would switch that to DVC if we actually have tickets. But that extra month won’t be added until October. So I asked what does this mean for me? And I was told that in October, we will get a month. I said that makes no sense how will our passes that expire Aug 8 now magically get 1 month in October. He just said he doesn’t know the exact date but yes that’s what would happen.

He put me on hold a few times to see if there was any way to get the extra month applied right away so we could use the passes when we have a trip planned. No go.

I made it clear we had no intention of renewing because I’m not giving Disney any more money. I just want to figure out a way to use up as many of my DVC points as possible while using these APs. He said we’ll have more information in early July. Which I told him doesn’t help if I’m trying on Monday to make park reservations for Aug 20-30. And if we actually do get a month in October, I’m going to have no luck finding something DVC at that point.

So honestly I have no idea how this is going to work for those of us with expiration dates between July 11 and whatever date in October. If we didn’t have DVC points I’d say screw it and just take the refund.

And yes I know technically we could try to go before Aug 8. However, this will be replacing a a Disneyland trip we are cancelling and for which we already have our PTO requests in. And we live in NJ so worried about the quarantine issue.

One more thing since we’re Plat Plus I asked if there was any compensation for the closed water parks and was told not at this time. Nice. Really frustrated with Disney. I get it you don’t want us to come. But having DVC points really messes with that.

Wow! This would be my *ideal* situation, but I'm finding it hard to believe.... not doubting that the CM told you that, totally believe you. Just that on 22 June, I'd hoped to be able to book my Sept length-of-stay as well as 3 days random park visits before then. But on another thread here, I'm reading that there is a 60-day window..... that 22 June will be only for July/August resort reservations.... if that's true, and I can't find it anywhere, I can only book random days park visits on 26 June. *sigh*.... this is hard. Like math hard.....

From what is posted on Disney’s website, we should be able to book our length of stay reservations on June 22 and then book our 3 random days on June 26. I hope that’s the case. I haven’t seen anything regarding the 60 day window other than dining reservations. Please share if you see something official regarding a 60 day window for park reservations.

Sorry if someone has already posted and dealt with this but, I couldn't find it anywhere.
My husband and I are Annual Passholders and I was just looking at updated info on My Disney Experience. I see that my husband's pass has been extended by four months, but my pass has not. Mine still has the original expiration date posted. Passes were purchased at the same time, so they should both have the four month extension. I'm guessing it's just a glitch and it will be corrected, but curious if anyone else has seen this happen on their MDE?
Lots have seen it. I read somewhere it is actually a manual transaction to extended them, and they are working through the backlog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter