AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

From what is posted on Disney’s website, we should be able to book our length of stay reservations on June 22 and then book our 3 random days on June 26. I hope that’s the case. I haven’t seen anything regarding the 60 day window other than dining reservations. Please share if you see something official regarding a 60 day window for park reservations.

I'm seeing posts of resort reservations holders of May 2021, Nov 2020 receiving their early access (22 June) emails, so this information of a 60-day window must have been wrong..... imagine that! <smile>So, now I'm just hoping that making a park reservation for my Sept length-of-stay resort stay won't lock me out of also being able to make random park reservations for 3 days between 22 June and September....

I honestly don't think people will have a problem getting park reservations 60 days in advance, heck I don't think there will be a problem 30 days in advance.
I honestly don't think people will have a problem getting park reservations 60 days in advance, heck I don't think there will be a problem 30 days in advance.
Everyone's freaking out about these reservations that are months away, I get it, it's a whole new system, but the parks can hold a lot of people and if we all do our part, and wear our mask the capacity will keep improving and growing
Remeber right now there's no international travel and no sales of anything internationally either,

That’s a big assumption. We know it will be limited capacity and it was limited enough that they shut off sales, and spaced existing reservation holders before AP holders and before opening it up generally. We also all have experience with other limited capacity venues quickly running out of tickets. Finally we know there is no commitment everyone will get access.

Although more importantly, it makes what should be a simple resolvable issue into a mess to deal with, for no good reason

Hi. We are looking to get a refund for our Gold Annual Passes. Do we have to call the number to start the process or can it be done over email or maybe a chat feature? TiA

I'm just about to the point of crying...I see so many saying they have their new expiration date. Still nothing for us. I hate the idea of being on hold,cause I know it will be awhile, but I guess I'm going to have to call. Don't want to miss the opportunity to make park reservations on Monday.😢🤷‍♀️

Your son's 8-day park hopper now has an expiration date of January 2022???

Yep, originally I bought him an expiring hopper that was only good for our May trip dates. Then when the parks weren’t open in May I called and they extended his ticket until December 2020. Yesterday I decided to log into MDE to check again and saw his now says it’s good until January 2022.

Also, my daughter’s AP changed from January 2021 to May 2021 as of this morning.

I’m not sure we will make this August trip or not, but I plan to go ahead and choose park days on Monday and see how it goes. Once I see some July trip reports I’ll make our final decision to go or cancel.

I'm just about to the point of crying...I see so many saying they have their new expiration date. Still nothing for us. I hate the idea of being on hold,cause I know it will be awhile, but I guess I'm going to have to call. Don't want to miss the opportunity to make park reservations on Monday.😢🤷‍♀️

Make sure you check the full website on your computer and not the app. That’s where I can see our new dates. The app still shows my daughter’s old expiration date.

I'm seeing posts of resort reservations holders of May 2021, Nov 2020 receiving their early access (22 June) emails, so this information of a 60-day window must have been wrong..... imagine that! <smile>So, now I'm just hoping that making a park reservation for my Sept length-of-stay resort stay won't lock me out of also being able to make random park reservations for 3 days between 22 June and September....

Thank you! I’m actually chatting with a cast member now. He said I can book my November and December reservations on Monday. Looks like there’s not a 60 day window as of now for park reservations.

Make sure you check the full website on your computer and not the app. That’s where I can see our new dates. The app still shows my daughter’s old expiration date.
Mine and my wife's are the opposite. MDE app shows extended date and website shows expired ticket. It amazes me these seem to pull from different databases.

I called the AP VIP line and I honestly was on hold for less than 10 minutes yesterday. I spoke with the CM and the expiration dates were updated within 10 minutes of hanging up the phone.

Please forgive me if I am ‘teaching my grandmother to suck eggs’, but have you logged out of the website and app and then logged back in? This seemed to trigger the extension for me. Still no Disney e mails for me though. 🤔

Mine didn't update till today but when I clicked on eligible dates below the date in MDE online it showed the extended dates for the last 3 or 4 days...

Mine and my wife's are the opposite. MDE app shows extended date and website shows expired ticket. It amazes me these seem to pull from different databases.

That’s interesting. I always book ADRs and FPS from the website, we never use the app until we get to Florida.

Like others, I tried finding my answer across various threads so apologies in advance. Our AP's expire in September (or December I guess with the extension) - we have an April 2021 trip booked.....will we be able to make park reservations on Monday in light of the fact the AP's will not be valid then (and I don't have to renew them for a while)?

Reactions: ngl
This is the "something special" they had planned for passholders. As I expected and predicted on this thread weeks ago, a truly empty gesture. I love WDW but I can't stand corporate and I'm probably cancelling the AP and not going for a while. And not because of COVID-19. That's sad.
It's completely lame. I agree. And you can only book one of the two days, not even both.

She said I could book for the length of my stay for each resort stay and also book up to 3 days without a reservation
The more I think about it, this would make the most sense. Especially for local AP holders. Just because you have onsite resort plans for something special later in the year should not preclude you from going at all until then.

That’s a big assumption. We know it will be limited capacity and it was limited enough that they shut off sales, and spaced existing reservation holders before AP holders and before opening it up generally. We also all have experience with other limited capacity venues quickly running out of tickets. Finally we know there is no commitment everyone will get access.

Although more importantly, it makes what should be a simple resolvable issue into a mess to deal with, for no good reason

It will be interesting to see what Disney does. If capacity is set for 5000 people (making that up) on July 11, is that the number Disney will be using right away through Sept 2021 as well? Because they won't know when they can increase capacity.

It may be something where people will need to keep checking for spots to open up as Disney increases capacity.

I used Disney chat this morning to ask a couple of questions and was given the annual pass phone # and immediately disconnected! She didn’t even give me a chance to ask another question! Very odd! I tried to call the phone # and was told to call back because they are very busy!

Anyway, I thought I would ask the questions here since many people were able to reach someone on chat or over the phone.

My husband and I have Platinum annual passes, bought in November 2019. We are from out of state and have only used 7 days of our passes. All other trips were canceled by Disney or us. Last month, I requested partial refunds for our passes based on the number of actual park closure (about 117 days). Still haven't seen our passes change.

I received an email yesterday stating that I can cancel my pass all together. Does that mean I will get a refund for the period of March 16 until most expiration date of November 12, 2020?

Do you think they consider the 7 days of use as an actual 7 days park hopper pass which is over $500 and reduce that from what we paid which was about $1200? That would be about $700 each. Or count the number of days from March 16 until our expiration date of November 12, 2020? That would be about $840 each.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter