AP discount not working when mobile ordering?

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
I don't get the AP discount whenever I try to mobile order at the places that offer one. I was having this issue when we first got the passes back in October. We complained about it then and they told us it was an issue for some people but not common. They gave us some dining cards and fast passes for the troubles and told us that the technical people would figure it out.

Well I was in SoCal for work earlier this week so I had a chance to swing by Disneyland for a little bit and the AP discount is still not showing up when I try to mobile order.

Has anyone else had this problem in the past? If so how did you get it resolved?

I personally haven't had the issue, but my friend has had it. She relinked her AP, logged out of the app, restarted her phone, then it worked. I haven't heard her complain about it, so I am assuming it is working now.

I would still give Disney a call about it. The app can be so glitchy sometimes. Also, are you using an iPhone or Android? On the maxpass issue thread, some people were reporting that iPhones work better with maxpass, maybe it also works better with mobile ordering?

We both have Android phones. We have tried deleting the app and the passes and starting over but none of it has worked. The Disneyland people say its a problem within their systems but then again, they said they were going to fix the issue back in October so who knows. We had problems with max pass the first two days but that was due to them screwing up and giving us signature passes after we paid for signature plus passes. That took a solid 3 hours to resolve on day one. It was a nightmare.

The MP issue mentioned has more to do with tickets that MP was bought day of, not APs with MP. I've seen that issue, but never when I have just APs linked.

Never seen the discount issue, though. Pixel 2XL (so on Pie with latest security updates always). Sounds like an insanity to deal with. I did have issues for a bit being given the wrong discount (10% instead of 15%) prior to mobile ordering at one dining location (Pacific Wharf Cafe)... First the CM, tried to say my pass didn't scan so they were "doing me a solid" giving me anything; second thing (same CM) tried to claim it was a very recent change it being 15% (it wasn't as we all know) and it wasn't fully in the system yet (I did call BS because I knew better).

Maybe try writing them if you haven't? It's possible if it's this uncommon that they think they've fixed it, but they just haven't gotten any complaints about it lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter