• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Sirius XM yeah its expensive but when you have a 1 hour MINIMUM commute, well at least in my mind it's worth it, For those who have it channel 302 is now Disney music everything from Mary Poppins, to music from the kids shows and even Grim Grinning Ghosts as the last tune I heard before coming into the office, Sometime they have pirate hours you name it it's there.
Does this replace the Disney channel that was cancelled? I was so bummed about that.

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!
I have the subscription and let it expire every year and they send the bonus offer with low return rate. I also use the internet app to play it in my own car. My wife can not live without it for more than a week. Two cars for the price of one and I listen when I am on my long bike rides.

just chatted with them. The best they could do was $99 for a year. I will call tomorrow and cancel. Maybe get a better deal than that. If not - I will cancel and let them contact me with a deal.

ETA - chatted again today. Got a year for $72, including taxes and fees.

Last edited:
Wow! Which level did you get?
There are 159 channels (if I counted my listing card correctly)- Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop/R&B, Dance/Electronic, Country, Christian, Jazz/Standards/Classical, Family, More, Traffic/Weather, Sports, Howard Stern, Comedy, Entertainment, Religion, News/Public Radio, Politics/Issues, Canadian. I mostly listen to Pop, Rock, and Country, so it exceeds my needs.

Wow! Which level did you get?
So, I went online to ask them the name of the plan... XM Long Term Music and Entertainment.... 325+ channels, 155+ in car, and streaming on device. I got a good deal. Signed up on July 3, 2021 and the cost was the same as three years ago, Three for $99, with taxes, royalties, etc. $127 was charged total.

For anyone who ever had a 'Lifetime' subscription, you can get it reactivated/transferred to your vehicle for only $35. This was a result of the resolution of a class action lawsuit. We just had my DW's subscription transferred to a newer vehicle for $35 even though her original Lifetime contract did not allow for transfers. We have 'Lifetime' in both our vehicles, and my LT also has on-line streaming. Sirius/XM no longer offers LT plans.

For anyone who ever had a 'Lifetime' subscription, you can get it reactivated/transferred to your vehicle for only $35. This was a result of the resolution of a class action lawsuit. We just had my DW's subscription transferred to a newer vehicle for $35 even though her original Lifetime contract did not allow for transfers. We have 'Lifetime' in both our vehicles, and my LT also has on-line streaming. Sirius/XM no longer offers LT plans.

We have had a LT plan on a little tuner we used to hook up to our home receiver and really don't use anymore since the Sirius is on of the built in apps of the receiver. Came in handy for the free streaming but we never thought we could move the plan to the car, thanks for the info. But, what happens when you get rid of the car? Can you transfer again for $35?

We have had a LT plan on a little tuner we used to hook up to our home receiver and really don't use anymore since the Sirius is on of the built in apps of the receiver. Came in handy for the free streaming but we never thought we could move the plan to the car, thanks for the info. But, what happens when you get rid of the car? Can you transfer again for $35?
Yes. Just call Sirius and they can look up your old contract and assign it to any Sirius/XM receiver.
https://www.lifetimesiriusxmsettlement.com/

Yes. Just call Sirius and they can look up your old contract and assign it to any Sirius/XM receiver.
https://www.lifetimesiriusxmsettlement.com/
I bought a radio second-hand that seems to have a lifetime subscription. If I'm not the original purchaser, can I still call and get it transferred since I own the radio? Or do I need to worry about the original owner calling up and transferring the subscription away from my radio?

I bought a radio second-hand that seems to have a lifetime subscription. If I'm not the original purchaser, can I still call and get it transferred since I own the radio? Or do I need to worry about the original owner calling up and transferring the subscription away from my radio?
I believe the Lifetime transfer is for the original owner (account), not the device.

We just use Spotify. Does anyone have both … would be interested in hearing comparisons between the two?

I happened to see $55 Sirius charge on DS business card.

nope nope nope.

today I canceled one vehicle radio as that one is being traded and it comes with a contract already.

and changed the others to $6.06 each.

I am not going to go look how many months it was the other cost. And the company said the credit stays with the company unless you want to apply it- well apply it, please.

Thanks disers for this thread.

We just use Spotify. Does anyone have both … would be interested in hearing comparisons between the two?

I prefer Spotify. Our new car came with the Xm/Sirius for free and we tried it out for old times sake, but Spotify with no commercials or annoying DJs is so much better.

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!

We renewed it after telling the woman “no” repeatedly. She finally gave us a great rate (around 2.00 or 3.00/mo) and DH renewed his truck. My car we let expire years ago since I don’t drive much and we never travel in my car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter