Anyone know who rented MK tonight?

Hey I was in MK earlier and a cm told me that the park was closing at 5pm because someone famous had rented it for the night. She did not know who it was. Just wondering if anyone knows who it was

And they say money can't buy happiness.;)

I used to work for a major pharmaceutical company, and we had a convention in Orlando to launch a pediatric drug. We didn't stay at Disney hotels, but one night my former company rented out Tomorrowland. Most of the rides were open, there was food stations and drinks everywhere (yes, alcohol) and there was lots of live entertainment as well. The rest of the park was closed as well, but this was in the fall when the park usually has shortened hours anyways.

When the party was over, we were ushered to Main St., given 3-d glasses, and watched amazing fireworks. When the fireworks spiraled down, my former company's logo was in it...It was so neat!

I used to work for a major pharmaceutical company, and we had a convention in Orlando to launch a pediatric drug. We didn't stay at Disney hotels, but one night my former company rented out Tomorrowland. Most of the rides were open, there was food stations and drinks everywhere (yes, alcohol) and there was lots of live entertainment as well. The rest of the park was closed as well, but this was in the fall when the park usually has shortened hours anyways.

When the party was over, we were ushered to Main St., given 3-d glasses, and watched amazing fireworks. When the fireworks spiraled down, my former company's logo was in it...It was so neat!

No wonder meds are so expensive! ;)

Disney isn't a public conveyance, they are a private company. They have the right to rent any part of their property to anyone they choose at any time, whether it infringes upon the "regular public's" access to their vacation or not. There are three other theme parks open to the public while MK is closed - same thing that occurs when MK closes for a themed party like MVMCP.

I have been to the MK to a private event, sponsored by Disney itself, at which beer and wine was served inside the park. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Disney isn't a public conveyance, they are a private company. They have the right to rent any part of their property to anyone they choose at any time, whether it infringes upon the "regular public's" access to their vacation or not. agreed. however, i just don't like it There are three other theme parks open to the public while MK is closed - same thing that occurs when MK closes for a themed party like MVMCP (except the 'public' is allowed to buy tix for that event)..

About 10 years ago we were at a convention for my DH's work in Orlando and they rented out Universal for the night. It's not as neat as it sounds. They cut back on staff and rides so much that we actually waited in very long lines!

I think it's all relative.

I don't like it at all, but if I had a spare million to drop, I'd probably feel differently.;)

"I don't like it" makes it sound like Disney is a public park paid for by the taxpayers, which it isn't. Sounds like there is (of course) a preference that the public has a right to access all parts of Disney at all times and they don't. All WDW guarantees when you purchase admission is entry to a theme park (not necessarily the one you want at the time you want). Now if they let the travel agents rent out all four parks at the same time...

of course I never did "like" when WDW would rent out the Adventurers Club for private parties, but Disney needs to make money.

Perhaps if you can go to WDW frequently, this situation wouldn't bother you that much.
Speaking solely for myself, we can only afford to go every 3 or 4 years. I would be quite upset if my favorite park was partially closed during that visit.

"I don't like it" makes it sound like Disney is a public park paid for by the taxpayers, which it isn't. Sounds like there is (of course) a preference that the public has a right to access all parts of Disney at all times and they don't. No, it just means i don't like it. I accept it but don't like it. In fact, if you read my first post in this thread, you would see that I hadn't thought about this before. It certainly isn't political and it has nothing to do with entitlement or our tax system. All WDW guarantees when you purchase admission is entry to a theme park (not necessarily the one you want at the time you want). Now if they let the travel agents rent out all four parks at the same time...

of course I never did "like" when WDW would rent out the Adventurers Club for private parties, but Disney needs to make money. Capitalism at it's best.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I suppose what I react to is the thought that it is somehow immoral for WDW to close anything to the general public and restrict access only to those that pay a premium, because it might be someone's only time to see whatever it is that is closed. They don't have any such obligation and I don't think they should.

This information has been available since the calendars were released by Disney. I remember people questioning and asking if it was a mistake or not since it was such an early closure.

If it is a once in a lifetime trip then you (general you) need to do your homework. Not being prepared for this and taking the park closings into account is not Disney's fault. The fireworks and parade will be shown on other nights, it's not like they only show them once a week.

I don't see it being a problem for MK to be closed to the public for one evening. I would think that most individuals/families stay at WDW for at least a couple three days/nights. If it's closed for one night, you can go to MK (or whatever park) another night.

I guess if you are only there for a one-day & night stay, then it might be a bummer if MK was the main park you wanted to visit, and it was closed.

I don't really see it being much different than being closed for MNSSHP and MVMCP nights.

I'd love to know what it costs to rent a whole park. Think they'd let me have ECV races down Main Street?

Forget the ECV's, just have them take the Tomorrowland Speedway cars off the track and turn them loose on Main Street. That would bring a whole new level of fun to that ride.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter