Anyone know who rented MK tonight?

While I agree the Magic Kingdom closing at 5:00 PM does not fair for those guests who were there at the time and etc someone from WDW mangament agreed to it, so if those people are upset shouldn't they e-mail WDW saying how they were not happy how a famous person can do this.

The only thing that bothers me is the alcohol being served in the MK.

I just think that is wrong. :scared1: But Im just a square I guess. :lmao:

I dont agree with celebs closing parks for thier convenience . Honestly I think most ppl can care less and would ignore them/let them do thier own thing. I just feel sorry for the ppl who have thier once in a lifetime trip and have to leave mk without seeing wishes etc. just because some big shot wants the park to themselves .

You would think for a once in a lifetime event that someone would do a little research beforehand. The 5pm closing has been on the calendar at 6 months out. I don't feel sorry for anyone that sinks a large sum of money into anything and does no research. That goes for vacation to buying a house in X market.

I dont agree with celebs closing parks for thier convenience . Honestly I think most ppl can care less and would ignore them/let them do thier own thing. I just feel sorry for the ppl who have thier once in a lifetime trip and have to leave mk without seeing wishes etc. just because some big shot wants the park to themselves .

Yep, this is pretty much the position I take. :thumbsup2

Now, if the park were closing for a large group of special needs kids and adults, Make a Wish Foundation or something like that, I would think that is awesome!

You would think for a once in a lifetime event that someone would do a little research beforehand. The 5pm closing has been on the calendar at 6 months out. I don't feel sorry for anyone that sinks a large sum of money into anything and does no research. That goes for vacation to buying a house in X market.

Well said! Especially since it was on the calendar months ago. Frankly, this reminds me of the people I see berating CM's during the MNSSHP and MVMCP, because 'they paid for the day, why can't they ride the rides' after the party starts. If a person is too laid back to bother doing research on their vacation location, and can't be bothered to learn what the park hours are going to be when they're there, I would assume they'd be that laid back about everything.

That being said, I wish I worked for a company that rented out the MK for the evening - what a great event THAT would be!

KC:hippie:

As soon as I win the lottery, I fully plan to rent MK for a night for only my family and my fellow DISsers, who I know will appreciate it as much as me!:yay:

While I agree the Magic Kingdom closing at 5:00 PM does not fair for those guests who were there at the time and etc someone from WDW mangament agreed to it, so if those people are upset shouldn't they e-mail WDW saying how they were not happy how a famous person can do this.

I do not understand why this is not fair. This group paid for the park so they got the park. Thinking this is not fair is like me thinking it is not fair that I cannot by a 3 million dollar home while my neighbor just did. WDW is not a public entitlement it is a private business. And as such they can dictate who gets to use the park when.

You could extend that to saying that all of the private parties that cost extra such as MVMCP and so on aren't fair either. People who don't have tickets have to leave early after all.

That said, I think it would be cool to rent World Showcase for a party. But only after 9 PM of course. ;)

What about DHS? How do we know by the DHS schedule if someone is renting out space for the Osborne lights?

I do not think it shows an early closing, does it? I would hat to go in Dec and the one day I am there I can not see the lights. That is my whole reason for going this time around.

I think I read another DISer said you would not know until you got to the park and asked guest relations.:confused3

That being said, I wish I worked for a company that rented out the MK for the evening - what a great event THAT would be!
KC:hippie:

I assure you it wasn't all that great. It was neat, and I worked with some nice people at the time, but I'd much rather be in WDW with family and close friends! And it was my husband's birthday that same day so I was really feeling guilty!

Money talks, we walk... one should really check times (if posted prior to booking) prior to making final arrangements if it is really going to bother them.

For something affordable, you can rent out the California Grille for an evening. That way you can have a private party, inviting who you want, etc. And of course you would have the place for your group for the fireworks.

However, last year when I was looking into a lunchtime event and given a quote, I was also told that for the dinnertime period there is a $60,000 minimum for Food and Beverage. Counting gratuity and tax it comes to over $77,000.

Any entertainment, public address system, characters, etc., is over and beyond that.

(And, just for those wondering -- for lunch, and having to be completely out by 4:00, would have been a $3,000 ++ F&B minimum.)

What about DHS? How do we know by the DHS schedule if someone is renting out space for the Osborne lights?

I do not think it shows an early closing, does it? I would hat to go in Dec and the one day I am there I can not see the lights. That is my whole reason for going this time around.

I think I read another DISer said you would not know until you got to the park and asked guest relations.:confused3

If park closes earlier, it does show on schedule.

The only thing that bothers me is the alcohol being served in the MK.

I just think that is wrong. :scared1: But Im just a square I guess. :lmao:

But Club 33 at DL serves alcohol, and always has. Walt didn't live to see the opening, but he was in on the plans and approved of them. Walt's issue with alcohol in amusement parks was that he didn't want people getting drunk and disorderly in front of children. I don't think he had a problem at all with the idea of liquor being served at a private invitation-only event.

Almost all of the private theme park events these days are corporate-sponsored; you don't get very many kids there during those parties. (And yes, I've been to several.) I've got to tell you, I've been in the full-time workforce for 26 years now, and it has been a LONG time since I've seen anyone be stupid enough to get ugly drunk at a work-related event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter