Anyone know who rented MK tonight?

GoofyaboutMickey

DIS Veteran
Hey I was in MK earlier and a cm told me that the park was closing at 5pm because someone famous had rented it for the night. She did not know who it was. Just wondering if anyone knows who it was

I don't know but that's cool isn't it. Did you have prior notice or were you informed at the last minute?

I had heard it was a large travel agent convention, not nearly as exciting as thinking some big celeb rented it. The calendar has had the park closing at 5pm for some time now.

It is not someone famous, but in fact a convention. Our very own Dave Parfitt (of the DIS Unplugged Podcast) was at that party. They were serving alcohol on Main Street!!! :drinking1

I noticed earlier today when looking at the days calendar that it was closing at 5pm and wondered why.
When I am going in November there is a nite MK is closing at 6:30pm and it is not a MVMCP nite so been wondering about that too.

I know last year Tyra Banks rented out DHS-Osborne Lights for a private party, I am not sure how I feel about that since it does seem to cut into a lot of the general publics vacation time, it is hard enough sometimes trying to fit everything in without them closing the parks for private parties

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah it had to be something that was planned because they have had it listed as the park closing at 5 tonight for a while. That cm sure had it wrong. She was telling me how excited she was to find out who it was.

I dont agree with celebs closing parks for thier convenience . Honestly I think most ppl can care less and would ignore them/let them do thier own thing. I just feel sorry for the ppl who have thier once in a lifetime trip and have to leave mk without seeing wishes etc. just because some big shot wants the park to themselves .

I noticed earlier today when looking at the days calendar that it was closing at 5pm and wondered why.
When I am going in November there is a nite MK is closing at 6:30pm and it is not a MVMCP nite so been wondering about that too.

I know last year Tyra Banks rented out DHS-Osborne Lights for a private party, I am not sure how I feel about that since it does seem to cut into a lot of the general publics vacation time, it is hard enough sometimes trying to fit everything in without them closing the parks for private parties

Something to think about for these private parties though. Disney is for profit, so the cost for a private party is going to at least be comparable to amount of revenue lost by them closing the park to everyone else. I don't really think it's fair to really begrudge those sort of events.

In my view, the hard ticket events are the same, MK closes early to accomodate a special party. Just happens in those cases, the 'cost' for the special party gets distributed in a far more public manner.

And yes it is unforunate for those whose trips are impacted, but not really any less so than a stage 4 closing.

I'd love to know what it costs to rent a whole park. Think they'd let me have ECV races down Main Street?

I'd love to know what it costs to rent a whole park. Think they'd let me have ECV races down Main Street?

I got a ballpark figure from one of my managers for a party that had unlimited food/drinks and a 360 view of Wishes and it was around 4 million. :goodvibes
These parties are planned WAY in advance so if you do your research you will know when they close the parks earlier.

I dont agree with celebs closing parks for thier convenience . Honestly I think most ppl can care less and would ignore them/let them do thier own thing. I just feel sorry for the ppl who have thier once in a lifetime trip and have to leave mk without seeing wishes etc. just because some big shot wants the park to themselves .

Agreed.

If you hand over 4 mil, I'll bet they let you race ECVs down Main Street. When are you planning to book your party?

I got a ballpark figure from one of my managers for a party that had unlimited food/drinks and a 360 view of Wishes and it was around 4 million. :goodvibes
These parties are planned WAY in advance so if you do your research you will know when they close the parks earlier.

Probably closer to $750,000 to $1mm. We rented out the Studios a few years ago for $500,000.

People just don't rent out the parks. We were there one year and they had closed CRT to all patrons that morning because someone had rented out the entire restaurant for their daughter's 1st birthday party! :wizard:

Last night was the United States Travel Associations' International Pow Wow. This is a five day event that has over 5,000 Travel Agents worldwide, including many tour operators. The convention is primarily at the Orlando/Orage County Convention Center.

Tonight they are at Universal and Wednesday night at Sea World.

The convention comes to Orlando about every four years. And the outcome of many millions of dollars of travel depends a lot on what the agents see.

My dh went to a convention a while ago and their event was at the studios too. It was rented out for like 3 hours. He said they just had like pizza and beer set up in the streets I think. It wasnt as cool as you would think. There were just basically thousands of guys around for the most part.

People just don't rent out the parks. We were there one year and they had closed CRT to all patrons that morning because someone had rented out the entire restaurant for their daughter's 1st birthday party! :wizard:

Must be Nice..........In my next life :rotfl:

It is not someone famous, but in fact a convention. Our very own Dave Parfitt (of the DIS Unplugged Podcast) was at that party. They were serving alcohol on Main Street!!! :drinking1
and he posted some great photos of the event on facebook too! looked really fun!! looking forward to his blog/interviews!

hmmmm...guess i never thought about it before. i'm thinking i'm not a fan of anyone or any group disrupting the whole park or a whole restaurant at WDW. i'd be okay with it if they rented the park for after hours or a portion of a restaurant. Not liking that Disney would create a situation that the 'public' is shut out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter