Anyone know wages for princess?

"The same site talked about the pay also saying a cm wage will be $6.40 an hour w/the potential to earn additional pay based on the role they have been selected to play and that anything over 40 hrs is paid at time and a half"

Wow.. I can't believe that.. I would pay Cinderella $1.60 more per hour to start-- tax free! Does Cinderella babysit? just kidding...

Seriously though.. that is a lot of hard work for $6.40 an hour!

interesting thread! jen

I think they get a pretty decent discount on rooms and park admission. Sounds awesome, but I am not sure I could be that nice all day.

irishbosoxfan said:
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/...s/benefits.html

The same site talked about the pay also saying a cm wage will be $6.40 an hour w/the potential to earn additional pay based on the role they have been selected to play and that anything over 40 hrs is paid at time and a half

Yes. That is what Disney is paying the College students who are enrolled in Disney's College program.
My 22 year looked into it a few months ago. She would get 30 hours of work at about $6.40 an hour.
She would also need to pay $69-$87 a week for Disney housing. Most of the classes Disney offers are free.

But since my daughter is getting a double major in Business and her Michigan college will not give her any credit for the classes Disney offers she chose not to go.

If anyone is interested here is the link for more info:
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/index.html

<The minimum wage is $5.15 per hour.>>
No, Minimum wage in FL is $6.40. Hasnt been $5.15 for a couple yrs. And Disneyland does pay more. Disneyland starts around $8.00 per hr.. minimum wage in CA is $6.75.

Yeah, characters only earn 20 cents more an hour than regular CMs!! Ahh! It's $6.35 for normal wages, $6.55 for characters. http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/jobwdw.html

You get free admission and discounts but in order to get them for family you actually have to be with them- you can't just buy tickets or rooms for them.

I think I'd need to be paid AT LEAST $10/hr to dress up in a HOT Tigger costume and have kids drool on me all day :rotfl:

Maybe $9 if I'm a princess since I wouldn't be as worried about heat stroke :teeth:

GalDisney said:
<The minimum wage is $5.15 per hour.>>
No, Minimum wage in FL is $6.40. Hasnt been $5.15 for a couple yrs. And Disneyland does pay more. Disneyland starts around $8.00 per hr.. minimum wage in CA is $6.75.

What I said was that the minimum wage is $5.15 an hour.
And that's what the NATIONAL "legal" minimum wage is.

And I also said...
Robo said:
Florida is among the states with a "higher-than-minimum wage" pay rate.

If that number is $6.40 per hour, that's good to know.

:thumbsup2

I just read on another thread that waitresses make more than $100,000.00 a yr. in Disney. Maybe the princesses should start serving the meals too.

tfiga said:
I just read on another thread that waitresses make more than $100,000.00 a yr. in Disney. Maybe the princesses should start serving the meals too.

Maybe the waitresses at V&A because of generous tips but I doubt most even make one fouth that.

tfiga said:

Highly unlikely.

<<I just read on another thread that waitresses make more than $100,000.00 a yr. in Disney. Maybe the princesses should start serving the meals too>>
Many yrs ago, I knew someone who worked as a waitress at Club 33 at Disneyland and she earned very, very good money.

Dont get me started on: "Minimum wage" . Minimum wage needs to be changed so it is a "living wage"

Allison said:
Highly unlikely.

Yep, I was the one who posted that on the Dining Plan board. I met a woman who recently moved to NY to be with family but had worked at the Garden Grill and some other Disney TS restaurants. She made about $120,000 a year and said that waitstaff at CRT had to have about 10 years experience and made about 180K.

GalDisney has obviously met someone like this too.

Think about it... how much does a lunch or Dinner for a fam of 4 cost normally? Over $100 at least... so that's working lunch and dinner, often with good turn around since people want to get back to the parks, 18% tip taking what the DP factors in, then an average of those who overtip and undertip, with a few tables an hour (we'll say 4)- I'd say that's a pretty hefty income right there. That's just a guestimate, but it's around $72/hr if you don't count their wage itself (which probably gets taken for taxes anyway). And that averages to $150,000. And yeah, it could be less or more tables per hour, more or less of an average tip- but this is just a round number. I know for dinner w/ my mom and I alone at CRT with no appetizers it cost us $85!

We can argue until we're blue in the face (which is what some have done) but I talked to a girl who worked there and said it was one of the best waitressing jobs around... seems like it :confused3

KarenAylwood said:
Yep, I was the one who posted that on the Dining Plan board. I met a woman who recently moved to NY to be with family but had worked at the Garden Grill and some other Disney TS restaurants. She made about $120,000 a year and said that waitstaff at CRT had to have about 10 years experience and made about 180K.

GalDisney has obviously met someone like this too.

Think about it... how much does a lunch or Dinner for a fam of 4 cost normally? Over $100 at least... so that's working lunch and dinner, often with good turn around since people want to get back to the parks, 18% tip taking what the DP factors in, then an average of those who overtip and undertip, with a few tables an hour (we'll say 4)- I'd say that's a pretty hefty income right there. That's just a guestimate, but it's around $72/hr if you don't count their wage itself (which probably gets taken for taxes anyway). And that averages to $150,000. And yeah, it could be less or more tables per hour, more or less of an average tip- but this is just a round number. I know for dinner w/ my mom and I alone at CRT with no appetizers it cost us $85!

We can argue until we're blue in the face (which is what some have done) but I talked to a girl who worked there and said it was one of the best waitressing jobs around... seems like it :confused3

No arguing from me-just hard to imagine. :teeth:
What % tip do they get on the dining plan? I have never seen that posted. Is it 18%?

Yep, 18%. I just read that it might have been a little lower last year, but from looking at the 2006 DP pdf, it's 18% ;)

And I'll add that if the Princesses dragged tip jars around with them, I'd certainly chip in! :rotfl:

My DH's niece works in housekeeping at the Dolphin. She makes $9.75 an hour. How can a princess make less than that? That's just insane.

I knew I should have moved to Florida when I was waitressing! I loved being a waitress (better then my desk job now). Maybe this will be a good leverage point in getting my DH to move!

Hey I am almost 42 years old and I still dream of being one of Disney's characters...I think I want to be Tigger!

GalDisney said:
Dont get me started on: "Minimum wage" . Minimum wage needs to be changed so it is a "living wage"

What do you mean?

Robo said:
What do you mean?

I think what she means is if someone makes minimum wage at $5.15 an hour that totals $206 a week BEFORE taxes--So it's probably about $155 AFTER===Figure if her rent is about $700 a month which is median that means she doesn't even make enough for rent much less utilities or food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter