Anyone know wages for princess?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
I asked my 4 year old what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said a princess. My husband said she could be one at Disney. I don't think they make that much, though. Anyone know the wages?

Thanks

Whatever they make, its enough for them to live happily ever after.

:goodvibes

supply and demand, many princeses out there, tell her to be a Doctor :teeth:

Well, I'm not sure what they make, but my guess is that there isn't a lot of heavy lifting. That's a plus.

FYI all princess are first and for most fur characters. and it's not that great of pay.

My good friend's sister made callbacks for Cinderella auditions as part of the college program, but decided not to go for it. I suspect that they do it more for the experience than for the pay.

Sleeping Jedi Beauty said:
My good friend's sister made callbacks for Cinderella auditions as part of the college program, but decided not to go for it. I suspect that they do it more for the experience than for the pay.

Yeah, there's a real shortage of EXPERIENCED princesses out there.

I think I read before that the face characters make around $8/hr and the fully covered characters make around $5-$6/hr.

Robo said:
Yeah, there's a real shortage of EXPERIENCED princesses out there.
I don't know. I hear Fergie was rather experienced.
I think I read before that the face characters make around $8/hr and the fully covered characters make around $5-$6/hr.
Dadgummit. Disney just won't wise up and pay me 100 grand a year to put on the mickey suit.

I think they still pay princesses in the coin-of-the-realm.

(The exchange-rate for realm coinage is in constant flux).

Although its tough to be sure in all cases, I think that many royal personages may be stay-at-home-mums (in the off-season), assuming, of course, that their respective princes can be charming enough to bring in enough realm coinage for a multi-royal household.

This discussion should really be taken up with the lessor beings about the household.
Ladies-in-waiting, crumpet-browners, armor-polishers, and press agents can be valuable allies to enlist when it comes to spilling the beans about secret royal stuff like revenue acquisition and shoe size.

Ilovestitch said:

I am not sure that standing in the hot FL sun wearing a covered character costume for only $5-6 per hour to be my dream job? I feel bad for them every time.

Umm...your daughter is 4. There will be many things that she "wants to be when she grows up." I might say instead: "Wouldn't that be wonderful!"

Now if she is 12 when she is talking about that, then you get into the wage question.

Can that be right --$5-$6 an hour? Here in Cleveland (which isn't an expensive place to live)... we pay our 12-13 year old babysitters $8 an hour and they don't have to pay taxes! I can't imagine anyone doing that for $5-$6 an hour!?!?!

Does anyone know???

It can't be much. I worked with a girl who was Mary Poppins during summer breaks from college. I'm an RN and DH and I were considering re-locating to California. I checked seriously into being a nurse at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. $15/hour was the rate. :rotfl2: RN's make considerably more than that in the LA area.

babiesX2, I loooove that sig picture you have. It makes me want to go out and buy another pair!

I was talking to a friend yesterday and she was telling me that her ex-girlfriend's brother works as a character handler at WDW and makes about 15 an hour. He's been there a while though, so who knows.

My grandson keeps saying he wants to be a CSI in Miami. I told him that it sounded interesting but he should be aware that Miami has a high crime rate. We live in rural Indiana and live pretty quiet lives. He looked at me and told me that if there were a lot of crime there there would be lots of work for him and he would make good money. Nothing to say after that. :rotfl2: Good thinking for an 8 year old.

At 4 your daughter IS a princess. princess: She just does not know it yet.

Slightly Goofy

jenniferma said:
Can that be right --$5-$6 an hour?

Does anyone know???

The minimum wage is $5.15 per hour.

Florida is amoung the states with a "higher-than-minimum wage" pay rate.

And the largest single non-government employer in Florida is WDW (over 40,000 WDW employees).

While many CM's may not be "raking it in", there are many hundreds (thousands?) of them at various jobs who have stayed with the company for decades.
They must be making a "living".

The jobs and wages must certainly be attractive enough for all the talented folks who CHOOSE to move to the area and work at WDW.

MzDiz said:
babiesX2, I loooove that sig picture you have. It makes me want to go out and buy another pair!

I was talking to a friend yesterday and she was telling me that her ex-girlfriend's brother works as a character handler at WDW and makes about 15 an hour. He's been there a while though, so who knows.

I wonder if WDW pays more than Disneyland? :confused3 Dh said the "perks" would have made up for the lack of pay. :banana: I didn't even think about Disney having nurses in their parks until I saw a group of them coming through with a stretcher to get a kid who had collapsed off an attraction.

My neice has been princesses in Disneyland, Disney Tokyo and Tokyo Seas. In Anaheim and Orlando, they don't get much above minimum wage for that state. However the face characters are paid extremely well overseas and it is a very desirable and sought after contract. Amazingly enough, she ended up taking a cut in pay in Anaheim when she switched from a meet-n-greet princess, to playing Ariel, Belle and Snow White in Fantasmic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter