Anyone following any covid protocols on cruises?

Has anyone flown to Canada now that they still require masking and the US doesn't? Or what it's like on the Wonder out of Canada with their additional cruise rules. I was wondering how it is being handled on planes and what the cruise is like compared to reports coming out of Florida.

from the UK but flew to Canada via USA a couple of weeks ago for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing. On the flight from Seattle to Vancouver there was an announcement about 15mins out from landing that anyone who wasn’t wearing a mask needed to now put one on and would need to wear it throughout the airport, as for cruise was needed at testing and pre boarding in terminal but once onboard we could remove them and were only required again getting on/off the ship at the Hawaii ports

from the UK but flew to Canada via USA a couple of weeks ago for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing. On the flight from Seattle to Vancouver there was an announcement about 15mins out from landing that anyone who wasn’t wearing a mask needed to now put one on and would need to wear it throughout the airport, as for cruise was needed at testing and pre boarding in terminal but once onboard we could remove them and were only required again getting on/off the ship at the Hawaii ports
Thank you. Were there any covid restrictions or changes from normal on the ship? Like show seating, dining table assignments? Really appreciate you taking the time to answer!

Has anyone flown to Canada now that they still require masking and the US doesn't? Or what it's like on the Wonder out of Canada with their additional cruise rules. I was wondering how it is being handled on planes and what the cruise is like compared to reports coming out of Florida.
We flew Air Canada from Chicago to Vancouver on April 24th for the recent Vancouver-Honolulu cruise that sailed on the 26th. AC still required masks onboard at that time. Masks were also required at the airport and we wore ours in the taxi we took to our hotel and indoors in public spaces throughout our stay. We only ate carry-out food until we boarded the ship to sail, so no Vancouver restaurant experience.

I plan to do what I do today. I have a mask ready, but don’t wear it unless I go somewhere that requires it. If I visit an office and the occupant wears a mask, I put mine on. Next time I fly, if someone talking to me has a mask on, I’ll put mine on. Unless I find them annoying…then I’ll put headphones on.

That has not been my experience. We live in the 'burbs (Surrey) and it's way less than 80% who wear masks in the stores. Out and about I'd say it's less than half who are still wearing them. My husband and I do not, our kids still choose to wear them in school (though no longer mandatory) and I'd say that's the one place here that I see a lot of people wearing them. We still have our baskets by the back door because you never know if they will bring the mandate back in the Fall. And had to remind my husband we will need to wear them for the terminal and for pre embarkation testing for our Alaska in July.
Interesting - down in Richmond and up in Vancouver, I’ve found that a large majority of people in shops/malls still wear masks. The highest amount of masks I see are in Richmond (for others who don’t know, that’s where YVR is). Personally from my experience/culture, it’s because precautionary masks are more commonplace in Asian cultures, even before covid, and we have a higher Asian population over here. Since a good chunk of people still wear them, many others just continue to do so to match (those who don’t mind)

We masked everywhere but the restaurants and my wife still got covid. There are a lot of Fantasy crew that are out sick at the moment with it. You just have to be ok with the increased risk.
We’re you quarantined on the ship since you got Covid?

Thank you. Were there any covid restrictions or changes from normal on the ship? Like show seating, dining table assignments? Really appreciate you taking the time to answer!

very few restrictions left, still no character hugging but they’re hoping that changes this month and dining was still one family per table but we only had around 1000 sailing so no need to seat together, no other restrictions left like distancing or masks inside

Interesting - down in Richmond and up in Vancouver, I’ve found that a large majority of people in shops/malls still wear masks. The highest amount of masks I see are in Richmond (for others who don’t know, that’s where YVR is). Personally from my experience/culture, it’s because precautionary masks are more commonplace in Asian cultures, even before covid, and we have a higher Asian population over here. Since a good chunk of people still wear them, many others just continue to do so to match (those who don’t mind)
That makes sense for sure! I'd expect to see a lot more masks at say, Metrotown, Pacific Center, malls in Richmond etc. Whereas Guildford, Willowbrook....not so much 😂

Bonnie Henry says no. But it would hardly be the first time a public official changed their mind over the need for COVID restrictions.
Exactly! Think I'll hang on to them a bit longer ;) Last summer we had a BBQ and my husband wanted everyone to bring a mask to burn at our fire pit 🙄 I said that was a stupid idea (and didn't tell anyone to do it)...less than 6 weeks later the mandate came back.

Just off the back to back Hawaii to Vancouver, and first Alaska cruise. There was still a noticeable percentage of passengers wearing masks on board in inside spaces-- not the majority, but if you choose to wear a mask, that's fine. We wore masks inside most of the time (other than dining/drinking/photos), particularly on the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, because we didn't want to pick up anything and test positive before we re-boarded in Vancouver and miss the 2nd part of our adventure! I did manage to pick up a cold, though, so continued to wear my mask indoors on the Alaska cruise and tried to keep some distance from other people. (In case anyone wonders, I had brought home tests with me, and between the negative test at reboarding in Vancouver, 2 negative home tests during the week, and a negative post-cruise test to fly back to US; as well as a different symptom set than when I had Covid earlier this year, I feel confident it was not Covid.)

Just got back from a Dream cruise on 5/13. Tested negative at the port, all vaccines for both parties. 7 days later symptoms, Tested Covid + at 8 days post cruise. Had to have gotten it on the ship. Other reports from my sailing passengers tested positive after disembarking.

Just got back from a Dream cruise on 5/13. Tested negative at the port, all vaccines for both parties. 7 days later symptoms, Tested Covid + at 8 days post cruise. Had to have gotten it on the ship. Other reports from my sailing passengers tested positive after disembarking.
So sorry! We do plan a followup test this week as well, just being cautious.

So sorry! We do plan a followup test this week as well, just being cautious.
I too caught a cold while on the cruise. I didn’t think to retest right after getting home. But once my symptoms changed I knew it had to be Covid. I wonder because maybe I was fighting the cold I was compromised enough to pick up the virus. Again it had to come from the cruise. I hope your test is negative!

We just got off the transatlantic. Probably 10% passengers wore masks. All the crew did. There were several positive case on the cruise but we got tested in Barcelona and were fine and still are after being home for 4 days. Honestly I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. But I’ve stopped wearing masks at home unless required. We are vaccinated and boosted and had omicron in January. Very mild case, just a minor cold. Our dr told us we are probably super immune right now. But it obviously varies by individuals. We are in our 70s but don’t have any medical conditions. We are going to Africa in July. I just want to start living my life again.

I imagine there will be less chance in Africa than a cruise ship FWIW, especially if you are at a camp. I would have zero qualms if we were heading back, but am resigned to possibly catching it on our cruise in July.

I imagine there will be less chance in Africa than a cruise ship FWIW, especially if you are at a camp. I would have zero qualms if we were heading back, but am resigned to possibly catching it on our cruise in July.
There are new reports of some of the islands Covid status getting bumped up level 3. Included are the Bahamas, Jamaica, Belize. Even if you don’t get off the ship ( we didn’t) others will and in all probability bringing it back on board.

you sound like me. My symptoms started 7 days after getting off the fantasy on April 30th. But we also spent the week at the Bwv, but didn’t go to the parks except to eat. We did eat at 2 places that week too (beaches & cream and 50s PT). So don’t know if it was from the ship. We are extra cautious, wipe down the pool table and chairs every day with Lysol wipes and keep purell on the table. I took the antiviral meds and had a slight relapse afterwards, but am negative finally but a lingering cough. I’ve been on 4 post covid cruises. I’ve always felt safe. but this last cruise was very normal. I did not wear a mask inside. It was my first cruise where masks were not required inside The ship,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter