Anyone following any covid protocols on cruises?

I was shocked to discover that there are other pathogens in the world. I woke up to a stuffy nose and a slight sore throat 6 days ago. After shoving swabs up my nose for 6 days straight, and after 3 days of the stuffy nose going away and a day later the sore throat, all tests were negative. This morning will make day 7 and I'll shove another swab up my nose. Wouldn't you know it, it must have been the common cold. I thought that went away a few years ago. :goodvibes

(Just using a little humor on a very serious topic. No way am I downplaying things. But there is truth in it.)
🤣🤣. Gotta find humor. I joke I felt worse before was diagnosed with lupus. Been healthly as ever minus diet, but that’s me and I am improving it.

We are scheduled for Wish in late September. Planning on KN95 masks outside eating and outside air areas due to underlying conditions and training for half marathon. I have 2 small personal hepa air purifiers was planning on bringing (like 6 inches tall)- will these be allowed? They are rechargeable via USB
Yes they are allowed. I used them in April

If someone has cold symptoms on the ship, does someone on the crew basically require them to get COVID tested? Or is it more of an honor system? I personally would get tested if I developed symptoms, since I wouldn't want to get anyone else sick, but I wasn't sure if there was any kind of ship policy about it.

It's more of an honor system. When I went in August, I packed my own self-tests, and luckily didn't need them (until we got off the ship and spent three days at Universal-that last day, we needed them for my son. However, he tested negative in the morning, was acting fine all day, swimming in the pool and his throat stopped hurting, then we ended up being delayed for 6 hours at MCO, which in turn he got sicker and sicker as the night progressed, and when we got home, he tested positive.)

Not sure how much pretesting really mattered as someone could be negative when testing and test positive once on the ship. Since DCL stopped requiring pre sailing testing it is definitely an honor system.

We tested positive 3 days after our November 14 cruise on the Wish. Spouse got very sick and ended up in the hospital but is doing ok now. We are scheduled for a September 2023 cruise and will probably wear masks much more often while on the cruise. Not sure what our options are but after our November cruise experience we are still deciding if we will go to the MDR's. We feel that the MDR's on the Wish have people sitting much closer together than on the other Disney ships.

There is another variant out now that is breaking through any boosters. At this point, masks are really the only option, and that is only somewhat protective. Really, cruising is still the one vacation where people will get exposed the most. Is the risk we take if we choose to cruise.

Got off a Disney cruise last week. Maybe 10 people total wore masks. We didn’t. I’m vaccinated, never boosted. Same with DH. We were both fine and didn’t get sick. Had covid in the past but was like a cold. Thankfully nobody judges who wears something and who doesn’t on there.

Always a chance of catching anything this time of year. Just gotta roll with the punches.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter