Anyone else skipping this year :(

We went last year, but this year we will definitely be skipping it. We need to move by the end of the year and are hoping to buy our first house. We're planning on camping at Cape Hatteras for a few days instead and since we haven't been there before I'm still pretty excited about that.

The chances of us going are extremely slim. We were planning on moving this summer closer to DH's work. He's been commuting 120+ miles everyday for over 2 years now. However, it turns out that we might be going to a completely different location.

Had an interview in GA. If we end up moving to GA we might be able to swing a drive down to Orlando during Fall Break. We have non-expiring tickets from a previous trip. We could use the current promo and just not do dining plan, but a budget plan.

If that doesn't pan out...no trip for us this year.

Now we also have another potential job change with a potential assignment in ENGLAND!!!! So we will have to see. I might have to see what kind of deal I can swing while we are there for when we would come back in two years!:banana:

We've been every year the last three years and We're skipping this year too. BF just got a new job (able to move back to WI from IA) and doesn't have the vacation time yet,,,but we're gonna save some major money and start looking for a house! Plus we are already looking toward going next year, and it will mean that much more to us when we do get there!

I understand how you all feel.
I haven't been back since 10/2006, just was not in the cards ($$$$) but finally after almost 4 years we are going back in August :cool1: And I will tell you all something, having not been there in so long it feels like "new" again.

we are so excited, almost as excited as our first trip. There are new things we are really looking forward to trying for the first time (nemo ride in Epcot, Nemo show, TSM, Monster Inc show, etc) all those things were not open when we went.

I guess what I am trying to say is even though I know the feeling of wanting to go to WDW and can't, it feels SO good when you can finally go back.

Here's to all of you and hoping in a year or so you guys can all get back down to the Happiest Place on Earth :thumbsup2

We will not be going this year. We were trying every other year, but next year is in doubt too due to major plumbing issues. I realized in 2008 how bad the withdrawals are. My parents bought us a 2 day pass to Universal/Islands and we were so sad about not going to Disney that we left Islands to go to Downtown Disney. We will still travel from Milwaukee to Florida to see my folks, just no Disney. The kids (including the 18 and 20 year olds) are all having some major withdrawals too. DD20 said last time that she didn't think that she would miss it as much as she did.

yes, we're skipping this year, and i'm VERY down about it. a cousin and her family leave tomorrow morning for wdw, and i helped her plan the trip-i'm happy for them, but it just makes my own financial situation look worse. we had to buy a new heat pump this past winter, so a big part of our emergency fund and a HUGE chunk of our income tax refund went to pay for that, then the A/C in my car quit working-got it fixed, $250 of parts later (thank goodness DH is a mechanic!). there's just no money for a vacation. i WANT to go to disney, but honestly, there have been so many health issues in my family over the past few months, i would go ANYWHERE! i just need to get away from all of it. :(

yeah,no plans for us yet..so strange.....but honestly,we're driving to see family this summer,and having another type of trip planned is way different than having NO trips planned.......

You can see from my sig line that we have been every summer since 2005. DH wanted to do something different this year so we are going on a Carnival cruise. I love to cruise and havent done it in a while but I still wanna be at WDW!:sad1: I'll be back in Feb 2011 though!

We are skipping this year.. :( but we are still going to Fla. for a very budget trip. We got a one bedroom condo Sheraton Vistana for 377 total for 5 nights and we are doing a Seaworld/ Aqautica trip since we already have passes. We are skipping this year due to budget. I was able to get a cruise the week we normally go to Disney for almost the same price as Disney tickets alone. Since the cruise includes everything that was a much better options during this time. So even though I have 2 budget trips, I will still miss seeing my kids at Disney..

We had to skip last year and rebook for this year--I cried. :sad2:
The resession has been rough and I'm self employed (I took a major hit
and it has not gotten better).
Thankfully DH has a decent job that keeps us afloat.
I use my income for clothes for our family, grocery's, Vacation cost.
It has taken me since fall of 2008 to save for this years trip,
But this year is our 25th Anniversary so I'm so happy we could go.

We are skipping this year. :headache: The Mouse will have to wait, hope he will recognize me in a few years. :rotfl2:

We just got back a month ago and I promised myself that we would skip next year and go somewhere else. However, after checking airfare and resorts, Disney still seems to be a bargain for our family.

We may not go back for 2-3 years. DH wants to go on a cruise this next year. It does sound like a lot of fun, and now that our daughter is getting older, I think she would enjoy the shore excursions. I hope to get back in Nov. 2011, but it's not for sure.

yes :( We went for our honeymoon in 08 and had planned on going every year. In 09 we got lucky and went in March for spring break, and again in August for my husband's bday before school started again for me. This year, at first we didn't have the $$, but now we do thanks to my husbands new job, but he can't use his vacation until he has been there a year :( I'm so crushed!

We skipped this year, too (we go in Feb.). And we're saving $$ like crazy in order to be able to go back next Feb., but even that's up in the air if a "budget buster" happens...'cuz we'll have to use the Disney $$ to fix whatever happens. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed! :woohoo:

We didn't skip this year, but instead shortened the days at the parks. I did a girls only trip to DL for 3 days, sharing a discount hotel room with 3 other ladies and used my bosses airmiles for free airfare.

Then at spring break we went to WDW, but did 1 day at a theme park, 2 days of water parks and then spent the rest of the time at my sister's house and doing a road trip in FL enjoying beaches and doing more budget minded things.

Guess what? We still had fun!:thumbsup2

Not a problem with money (dvc and tickets from last year), but health issues (DMom), might cancel my trip. Sad, but some things make others not important. :)

After going four years in a row, we aren't going this year. Actually not sure when or if we'll ever go again. Not because I don't want to, but with airline prices and then the cost for the resort and tickets PLUS the cost to board the dogs....it's just too much. We're not doing any trip this year because we are moving and are putting the money into renovating the house.

My wife just told me that we would be in AK this morning. :sad2: I guess we need to start a WDW savings account. :thumbsup2

At least we have the DIS to come to when we need a Disney fix!

We haven't been there since 2007. Was hoping to go in 2010 but finances weren't there. Hoping to go in 2011 but that might not happen because sis-in-law is graduating from online college and she wants to go to the ceremony in Iowa which is far from us and DH says we have to go to her ceremony. I hope she changes her mind so we can go to Disney :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter