Anyone else skipping this year :(

This is the first time in like 10 years that we do not have a Disney trip planned...it feels very weird to us. We travel every year (occasionally every 18 months) for the last 10 years. Even when we had babies or bought a new house, we knew when our nextr trip to Disney was coming on the horrizon...not now.

Our last trip was a 12 day Christmas trip in December 2009, and it was just awesome. So it has not been that long since we were in WDW, but just a lack of knowing when we are going again. We do have several trips planned to other places this summer (Williamsburg, VA Beach, Bahamas cruise, Costa Rica).

There are other places we want to visit, so that seems to be our issue. Course, our youngest is 5 and the perfect Disney age...that is pulling on me!

We are, and yeah, I'm a little down about it. I knew this wasn't going to be a big trip year because we were just there in December, but my mom & I were supposed to go for Flower & Garden until money problems on both our ends forced us to put that off until next year. We have our GAD vouchers and a 40% PIN and I'm still not sure a short fall trip is realistic. :( More likely we'll end up waiting for Flower & Garden 2011.

Our last trip was a 12 day Christmas trip in December 2009, and it was just awesome. So it has not been that long since we were in WDW, but just a lack of knowing when we are going again. We do have several trips planned to other places this summer (Williamsburg, VA Beach, Bahamas cruise, Costa Rica).

There are other places we want to visit, so that seems to be our issue. Course, our youngest is 5 and the perfect Disney age...that is pulling on me!

That's where I'm at too. My big kids (12 & 8) want to see other places, so this year we're planning Washington DC, a train trip to Chicago, and some time touring our own state. But my youngest is at such a great age for Disney! She's almost 2, obsessed with all things Mickey Mouse, and still "talks" (as much as a toddler talks) about our trip last December, so that's tugging at me to try to find a way to squeeze a little Disney in again soon!

I thought I would be ok with it.................but not really! We have been every year for the past 5 years, but my DH's job has not been as stable as we would like and have decided we just cant go this year. We can do a budget vacation (few days, maybe at the beach). But now that school is out, it is hitting me and I feel sad :( I hoping for next year! Anyone else feeling a little down about skipping this year?

I feel ya! We booked a condo on the beach and paid for it with part of our tax refund before any of the Disney deals were released. It was a matter of poor timing for us-Disney deals weren't out yet and we didn't want to lose out on a nice affordable condo we had our eyes on. Kind of wish we'd waited to see what Disney offered but the condo owner required payment far in advance and didn't have a generous refund window to cancel...that said we are on the beach this week and our 3 yr. old boys are having a great time. We drove ourselves down - about a 10 hour drive to the Gulf which was much more manageable than the Disney drive, bought some groceries and limited ourselves to about 3 - 4 restaurant meals this week. We are having a great time so no regrets but like you a little sad we probably can't do Disney this year.

I was trying to figure out a way to go this year, especially with the 40%off pin that I got. But it just won't be able to happen. We already planned to go to Boston, Salem and Conneticut for 5 days in October. And I have a cruise to Bermuda booked for April. So I am going to plan a trip for November or December in 2011 or 2012. I would like to go to see the christmas decorations.

Yep... add us to the bunch not travelling to Orlando this year. Our upstairs is going to be completely remodeled, so we will be spending our vacation budget on the house this year. It's totally going to be worth it though... adding a full bath, laundry upstairs and another bedroom. I just can't wait for it to be done... and we haven't even started yet! :lmao:

It is going to be strange not going anywhere this year... I did buy zoo membership though, so at least we can take a day trip somewhere and see some cool animals.

Last year was our skip year. This year is our non-skip year. Next year will be a skip year- going to Cali instead. NOT even doing Disneyland while we're out there... geesh.

I would be skipping this year but we already have Universal passes, we get free hotel nights (offsite) on points and I can get car rental at a very low cost. My big concern is the Disney passes and food but we're saving like crazy. I want all of this to be paid for with extra cash.

We have skipped in the past though and it is hard. True that worse things can happen but it's nice to have that vacation to look forward to.

Yes, we are skipping WDW this year, and yes, I feel kind of down about. I should not complain as we had two other trips this year (cruise in Feb and Palm Springs to visit the folks in March), but we are not taking any other vacations this year. I was hoping to take a trip to WDW in Oct, but we had to replace our furnace this month, and that cost $5K+.:headache:

There will be no WDW for us next year either, as we are planning a 2 week trip to Hawaii for next June. I think that it is looking like it will be 1/2012 before we go back to our beloved WDW. The last time we were there was 2/2009, so this will be our longest dry spell ever.:sad1:

I SO wanted to go this fall, before our youngest turns 3. But it's not going to happen. The kids are starting a new school this fall that has no fall break. DH got a pay cut at work due to state budget cuts- not a ton, but enough to make us tighten our belts. That, and DH says he is "Disney-ed out" right now, after going 2 years in a row.:eek: The kids and I would go multiple times a year if we could, so it is hard to imagine that! We are opting for a low-key driving trip to South Dakota this summer, instead. I've been trying to point out the positives of waiting to go back with the kids. Star Tours will be up and running, the new attractions back at the Toon Town area will be done, and the youngest might even be tall enough to ride most things by the time we get back there.

2009-no vacation, doing Dave Ramsey and DD born with major medical i$$ue$
2010-Still finishing up Dave Ramsey and more medical $$$
2011-Catching up on the projects put off due to Dave Ramsey, medical and building EF
2012-Hoping for Disney!!! Kids will turn 3 and 5 so by December they should be about 3 1/2 and almost 5 1/2 so that feels like a good age.

The hardest part is we haven't done much more than a day at the zoo, but it is also kind of hard to travel much with two little ones anyway. The nice thing is hopefully we will be in a much better place financially by the time we go.

We're also skipping this year. I wouldn't say I'm bummed out, but it's just really strange to me to not be planning ADRs and best park days right now!

I actually don't know if we'll go next year or not :scared1:. DH and DD both said they want to go back to Orlando next year, but want to focus on Universal and SeaWorld since we've never been to either.

It is bothering me more than I thought it would. A LOT of our friends are going this year and I'm helping them plan, so that makes it even harder knowing I won't be there. I am trying to get my Disney fix by listening to www.365.com and listening to Park Hopper Radio so I feel like I am there. If you need more details on the website, just pm me.:thumbsup2

We go every year the first full week of June, but not this year. As some of you know from previous posts, I am paying off medical bills so the money is just not there.

We are going in December, using our DVC points but just going to Universal.

The only good thing is that (keep your fingers crossed) I MIGHT be approved to go to a conference in October and guess where it is??????????? Orlando and we get 1/2 price park tickets. If I get approved to go, I plan on eating peanut butter sandwiches between now and October and saving every extra penny I can, after all my bills, so I can go to at least one park.

Our next trip is tentatively set for July 2011.

We're skipping this year too. We went to Disney in 2006, 2008 and 2009, so DH says we need to take year off. Now that summer is almost hear - I'm sad :sad2: and thinking about Disney. It doesn't help that two friends are both leaving for trips next week!! But on the bright side - maybe it will help the old savings account! :idea:

Skipped last year and skipping this year. Next year we'll be back!!!!:wizard:

Technically we are skipping this year due to new job and no money! But, we did do a quick Disneyland trip while we were on the west coast. It was really cool to see where it all started, but it didn't have that magical feeling like the world has!

Thankfully - it's been a long time since our budget was so tight that we didn't take a vacation. I have an annual pass, and I try to go to WDW during holiday time (late November/early December) and in April for my birthday. I've already been to WDW in January and April this year, and will return in mid-December - all solo.

Thankfully - it's been a long time since our budget was so tight that we didn't take a vacation. I have an annual pass, and I try to go to WDW during holiday time (late November/early December) and in April for my birthday. I've already been to WDW in January and April this year, and will return in mid-December - all solo.
Wow, solo!! Congrats to you!! I have often wondered about a solo trip as the DH "will go" but is not always crazy about traveling. Sorry to get OT.
We go once a year. Again, I would go more often!!

Job comes first, Disney will always be there. :wizard:

Wow, solo!! Congrats to you!! I have often wondered about a solo trip as the DH "will go" but is not always crazy about traveling. Sorry to get OT. We go once a year. Again, I would go more often!!
My husband endured several family trips to WDW, especially when our kids were younger. Our last FL/WDW family trip was at Thanksgiving 2007 - when we visited my mom and then spent a few days at WDW. My mom died in Jan. 2009, so there is no reason for my DH to ever return to the state of Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter