Anyone done Ireland?

wasabi girl

<font color="894fbf">Mouseketeer<br><font color="9
Hi all!

I'm planning a vacation in 2008 with self and DH. It will be our first vacation together since our big premium plan disney trip (you know the one, it will be the one and only time you ever go there so you go all out...ha!ha!). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a fun trip for the two of us....and I was wondering if anyone has done the trip to Ireland? How was it?

We are also planning on going to Ireland in 2008 - probably June time frame, so I am also looking for some responses from anyone who has already gone.

Denise

I've been a few times (although not through Disney). My son lives outside of Dublin. His wedding was there and 21 of us went over for that, and we did a lot of touring then, and since. It's an easy country to get all over. Trains and buses to everywhere! My husband has been a couple more times than me, because he loves history..and so he goes just for those types of tours. He, my daughter and grandson went in February, and did a castle dinner in February with entertainment.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them, or IM him for up to date answers.
We've been only during Jan - March, because the air is so much cheaper..but if they have kids, I'd like to go during the warmer months too. I do know it was 70 degrees there yesterday!

We went for Ireland for our Honeymoon 5 years ago and loved it. We flew into Shannon and then drove to Dublin down and around back to Shannon. It was great! I loved it. I am trying to figure out a way to go back next year. We did the B&B tour last time. I recommend it.

My aunt does all our family history and we have a lot of ancestors from there. So I am hoping next year she'll go too. Blarney was great and so was Dublin and the Guinness Brewery tour. We saw how they make Waterford crystal and I ate the best candy bars. I have to go to specialty stores here in the states to find some of them. Our old neighbor was from Ireland and every time she'd go home to visit she'd bring me back some candy bars.

I believe that Aer Lingus offers some great specials to Ireland in January/February.

When I was in College we went to Ireland for St. patricks day not realizing that the real party was in NY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter