Anyone cruising the Wonder 1-26-06

My wife and I just booked a Cat. 3 for this cruise. We are 31 and 34 with no children (we are just big kids!). We hope to meet others from DIS onboard.

We're going to be on the cruise as well -- and get this, I have a DS5 and a DS3 -- so they'll be in the same group in the kids' club! We're going to be sailing along with my parents.

Our papers just arrived today! Now I'm officially excited! :Pinkbounc

We're on this cruise also (Me, Dh, DD 3, and DS 2). Dh's parents are also coming.

We're a quiet group -- or else we are simply packing already! I started with a list of things to pack for each segment of our trip. We have two nights before the cruise, then two days of Disney afterward. I figure I will pack three mini-bags for each segment rather than one huge suitcase to drag everywhere. Luckily, we are driving, so I can store things in the SUV!

I haven't told DS5 and DS3 yet -- how did you break the news to your children? :earsboy:

Oh yes I've been packing. We are also driving,and doing 1 day at disney, but 3 days total in Orlando afterward.

My kids are sooooo excited. I made one of the countdown rings. So each morning, they practically FALL out of bed to go tear one off!

Its almost time! :cool1:

Deaven - What dining time have you been assigned? We've got the 8:30 -- there's no way DSs are going to last that long! I want them to be able to eat with us at least one night. I do like the idea of the early show. I'm thinking the solution will be to have them eat early, go to the show, then put them in the club while the grownups eat.

We are 8:30 as well!!!!!

I think, mine MAY be okay. I dont know. Im kind of nervous about it. we've been kinda testing them, and letting them stay up late. At home they are in bed and asleep by 8:15. Last night they DS stayed up till 10. He did okay today. DD however, stayed up until 1:15. She was in bed at 7 tonight. A late snack, and maybe a snooze, I think they'll be okay. DD DEFINITLY has tons of energy!
Definitly a nap on CC day will be in order!
I just got done packing up all our toys for CC. Not much, just stuff to do sand castles with.

We are going to Palo's on the last night! I'm really looking forward to it! Are you going?

I've also been working on having the boys stay up a little longer at night, although we are paying for it with grumpy children in the morning (they are still getting up at their usual crack of dawn hour). I agree with you that naps are certainly in order! :faint:

sigh-no palo's They were booked. So as soon as we board hubby is going to try and get some of those left over spots!!!!!!!!

That's too bad about Palo's. Here's hoping something will open up onboard -- you never know!

When are you getting to the port? Since we are driving down early (we're checking out Kennedy Space Center on Wednesday), we figured hitting the port about 11:15 or so in hopes of getting onboard early. It would be great if the weather was nice enough to swim early on, but I'm not holding my breath. I also want to try to get our dining time changed.

We have 8:30 seating too! My kids should be ok. My DS may be a little grumpy, but he will make it :) This is our first cruise so I'm trying to make sure I get everything packed...we are all pretty excited though!

Ginia

This is our first cruise as well -- unless you count the overnight ferry between England and Holland for me and a stow-away (DS!). Didn't go too well, although I think that was more morning sickness than seasickness. I bought sea-bands today, just 2 pairs though. I can't imagine all of us being seasick. The guy at CVS told me to keep the receipt and bring them back if we don't need them.

What types of clothing are you bringing? I've noticed that Nassau has been upper 70s for the high and 60s for the low. That's just a bit warmer than here, esp. at night. I'm hoping that long-sleeved shirts for the boys and a short sweater for me will be enough. I'll throw in our fleeces just in case.

We just got moved to early seating - 6 p.m.! :banana: Yeah! The boys have a hard enough time with 2-hour meals as it is and with it being practically their bedtime at 8:30, I knew they'd never be able to make it.

We are leaving Wensday night around 8pm. And are driving straight through from KY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we'll see.

Lucky dog on the seating. Im REALLY hoping that we get bumped in cabins! We lowered ours to Deck 1, just to get on the ship ( $$$ wise) The lady on the phone said to mention I am a Disney Store CM, and we MAY get something when we check in.
Oh, and we are boarding with swim suits under our clothes! LOL

We are also on the Wonder for Jan 26 2006. Was wondering if there is anyone with 2 people wanting to share the cost of a room at comfort suites, so we can cut down cost of use at Atlantis. I will be traveling with my 14 year old daughter.

dadofsami said:
We are also on the Wonder for Jan 26 2006. Was wondering if there is anyone with 2 people wanting to share the cost of a room at comfort suites, so we can cut down cost of use at Atlantis. I will be traveling with my 14 year old daughter.

My wife and I have a room booked for the day and would be happy to split it with you. They allow four (4) wristbands per room and it is just the two of us. I will send a private message to you as well.

Do all of you have passports or just birthcertificates? The cruise line told DH and I that I only needed bc's. I'm just hoping that they knew what they were talking about and let me on the boat...now I'm getting nervous...

Nope, we have just BC's as well. you should be good! :thumbsup2

And we just checked tonight, and have been moved up to the 6:30 dinner! :cool1:
I was secretly hoping for a cabin upgrade from the mouse! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter