Anyone backing out?

And this just in:

DVC Resale Market

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
In a letter from Disney e-mailed late this afternoon:

This note is to inform you that anyone with a contract that was received by Disney Vacation Club by the end of the day on April 3, will be grandfathered in to have the same access to Membership Extras that are available to others who have purchased DVC memberships from sources other than Disney since March 21, 2011. (Note: Those members who purchased from sources other than DVC after March 21, 2011 may not use their points for the “Disney Collection” (select Disney Resort Hotels, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney) and the “Concierge Collection” resorts. As a reminder, the Membership Extras are incidental benefits offered by DVC and are subject to change.)
My poor little heart can't take this anymore. Received as in ROFR passed?

And this just in:

DVC Resale Market

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This note is to inform you that anyone with a contract that was received by Disney Vacation Club by the end of the day on April 3, will be grandfathered in to have the same access to Membership Extras that are available to others who have purchased DVC memberships from sources other than Disney since March 21, 2011. (Note: Those members who purchased from sources other than DVC after March 21, 2011 may not use their points for the “Disney Collection” (select Disney Resort Hotels, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney) and the “Concierge Collection” resorts. As a reminder, the Membership Extras are incidental benefits offered by DVC and are subject to change.)

Glad to see it SOUNDS like DVC is doing the smart thing here.

And this just in:

DVC Resale Market

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Assuming this is the last word somebody at DVC finally recognized the bad feelings were not worth it for the few being affected.

And this just in:

DVC Resale Market

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

My Broker just called me. They are grandfathering. TY all for the added pressure.

Assuming this is the last word somebody at DVC finally recognized the bad feelings were not worth it for the few being affected.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never really WEREN'T going to grandfather those people in. I think this was a big misunderstanding on the part of the brokers. It wouldn't make sense for DVC to be so petty.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ever really WEREN'T going to grandfather those people in. I think this was a big misunderstanding on the part of the brokers. It wouldn't make sense for DVC to be so petty.

I'm not certain how what I read that was provided to the brokers (as most quoted it) could be misunderstood. Especially since there was one notice one day and then the correct. No, in this one I think DVC is backtracking but it's the proper decision IMO and good to hear.

However...on one of the other threads a poster reports being asked to sign an addendum ACCEPTING the new restrictions. They apparently declined.

I received an email from my broker that my contract would be grandfathered as well. Our was sent to ROFR on 3/15 - still waiting to see if it passes.

I hope nobody backed out in the last 24 hours! This does put a level of stress on those waiting on ROFR. Disney could've saved face by giving in, with the intention to buy everything back over the next few weeks. Then they still won't have to give perks to those members.

I hope nobody backed out in the last 24 hours! This does put a level of stress on those waiting on ROFR. Disney could've saved face by giving in, with the intention to buy everything back over the next few weeks. Then they still won't have to give perks to those members.

I read of at least one person who did. :( I think they were right at the deadline to rescind so this back and forth may have really had a cost for them.

I read of at least one person who did. :( I think they were right at the deadline to rescind so this back and forth may have really had a cost for them.

Oh no! :( There was a guy in the FB DVC group I'm in that was being awful to his broker, who is a friend of mine and my broker as well, and he was backing out yesterday. He was saying such awful things to her on the page and blaming her for his contract going over deadline because HE had been out of the country. I wish I could feel sorry for him. :|

I'm not certain how what I read that was provided to the brokers (as most quoted it) could be misunderstood. Especially since there was one notice one day and then the correct. No, in this one I think DVC is backtracking but it's the proper decision IMO and good to hear.

I respectfully disagree. There are clear indicators that this was in the works since at least January. There is NO WAY that DVC decided that current ROFR buyers would be grandfathered in, and then AFTER making their announcement, decided on a whim to exclude them. And then 24 hrs later decided to include them again. The wording in this "clarification" is basically the same as the original message. And it is STILL not clear. I would bet my life that this was either a misunderstanding by the broker(s) and/or a DVC employee that gave out bad info. That is not the same as DVC (the company) changing their mind 3 times in 3 days.

That is not the same as DVC (the company) changing their mind 3 times in 3 days.

Sure, they could do that. If anything I think the first response might have not been what it was supposed to be. Then the second one was maybe what had been planned - assuming anyone did think about it. Now the third one was fixing a response they regretted creating. At times Disney misses details that one would think wouldn't be possible

Hello All, I'm new to the boards and this is my first post. I have a question, with the new restrictions on resale perks what DO you get for being a member besides your annual allotment of points. I've been reading all about what they are taking away but I cant seem to find a good list of what the 'extra' benefits that may still exist actaully are. For instance I saw some old threads about how there was once a special offer to get WDW AP's for only $400 (or something like that - cheaper than the usual $100 off), would something like that still go out to everyone? or any other special email offers? or ANYTHING else?

Hello All, I'm new to the boards and this is my first post. I have a question, with the new restrictions on resale perks what DO you get for being a member besides your annual allotment of points. I've been reading all about what they are taking away but I cant seem to find a good list of what the 'extra' benefits that may still exist actaully are. For instance I saw some old threads about how there was once a special offer to get WDW AP's for only $400 (or something like that - cheaper than the usual $100 off), would something like that still go out to everyone? or any other special email offers? or ANYTHING else?
We do not have a complete and authoritative list of what is "in" and what is "out" -- but it appears that AP discounts for resale purchase beyond 4/4 are OUT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter