Any updates on Sonny Eclipse?

I saw an article that Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's has been gone for most of January. Is he back from his hiatus yet?
We also would like to know ... He Is the “only” reason why we go there ,because it’s definitely not the food!🤣

Apparently he's completely gone now and Club Tinsel is back. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Club Tinsel seems like an odd thing to set out. Definitely a missed opportunity to showcase a plant sitting at the piano. I mean if a plant can play mariachi with Panchito and Jose then why not have a plant at the Cosmic Ray's lounge?

yes..I know his name is Panchito and not Poncho... silly autocorrect.

Last edited:

Oh bummer, we're there next week, I don't have a good feeling about this fixing itself by then. Our family has an odd obsession with Mr. Eclipse, we love having lunch with him!

I know he is a relatively small detail, but I'm really hoping he is back for our April trip. Sitting in Cosmic Ray's with chicken strips and listening to his show is just one of those moments that feels like childhood to me.

We are heading to WDW in just over 2 weeks. Cosmic Ray's is my husband's one must do. It's bad enough he doesn't have his toppings bar but to not have Sonny would be just awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter