Any pics yet of Dream aft balconies?

Thank you! Thank you!

GASP!:scared1: I REALLY don't want that balcony! I hope the other 6B rooms aren't like that! I have #7690 booked....I would be really upset!

It was posted that these are category 6A, not 6B

I saw that too but I think they were incorrect when they posted 6A. The reason is all 6A's are on Decks 8-10. 6B's are decks 5-7. If you see the interior shot of this room you'll notice a double railing. Those double railings are on AFT verandahs on decks 5 and 6 because the railing on the edge of the ship tilt OUT so they have an extra vertical railing to prevent people from climbing the railing. Decks 7-10 have railings that point inwards. That means this room is either deck 5 or 6 and is a 6B. I am guessing it is 5188 based on the deck plans showing that room has the smallest verandah. If it is deck 6 then I couldn't imagine how small 5188 would be because it would be even smaller.

The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.

Look at this photo:
a3916ce9-2.jpg

I saw that too but I think they were incorrect when they posted 6A. The reason is all 6A's are on Decks 8-10. 6B's are decks 5-7. If you see the interior shot of this room you'll notice a double railing. Those double railings are on AFT verandahs on decks 5 and 6 because the railing on the edge of the ship tilt OUT so they have an extra vertical railing to prevent people from climbing the railing. Decks 7-10 have railings that point inwards. That means this room is either deck 5 or 6 and is a 6B. I am guessing it is 5188 based on the deck plans showing that room has the smallest verandah. If it is deck 6 then I couldn't imagine how small 5188 would be because it would be even smaller.

The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.

Look at this photo:
a3916ce9-2.jpg

Great analysis! My sense is that the verandah are smallest on the deck 5 rooms, since that is the smallest size deck on the aft part of the ship, which you can see from that picture. The deck 6 verandahs stick out a bit further than deck 5.

I see what you mean. I hope my rooms are ok. I have 6190 and 92.

Based on the photo above your room will be at least as deep at the smallest side as the widest part of 5188. So I am guessing your verandah will be at least as deep as your normal side verandah and then get larger as the railing gets towards the middle of the back of the ship. Room 6192 should have an even bigger verandah.

Oh-oh - looks like we will have to change our booking. :eek: That balcony is tiny and I am feeling totally unimpressed! :sad2:

The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.]

I so hope that's not true about the smaller balconies since we have 6688 and we specifically booked the aft rooms because they're supposed to have bigger balconies. I would be very disasppointed especially in the price that we paid for it and then to find out that the room next to us has 2x as big of a verandah that we have for the same price would really suck.

Does anyone have any ideas about 9672? I am really concerned now about the balcony being tiny!

I am in room 6188 and am starting to hyperventilate:scared1:... I would have gotten a porthole room which was $250.00 cheaper had I known this.... I NEED to see pics of Stateroom 6188.. PLEASE
Trying to decide if I should change or not !!

I so hope that's not true about the smaller balconies since we have 6688 and we specifically booked the aft rooms because they're supposed to have bigger balconies. I would be very disasppointed especially in the price that we paid for it and then to find out that the room next to us has 2x as big of a verandah that we have for the same price would really suck.

I am in room 6188 and am starting to hyperventilate:scared1:... I would have gotten a porthole room which was $250.00 cheaper had I known this.... I NEED to see pics of Stateroom 6188.. PLEASE
Trying to decide if I should change or not !!

I hope for the both of you that the 6th floor has bigger verandahs than the 5th floor. If I were in your shoes and a verandah was available either more center on the AFT or another verandah I would probably change my reservation.

Based on the photo above your room will be at least as deep at the smallest side as the widest part of 5188. So I am guessing your verandah will be at least as deep as your normal side verandah and then get larger as the railing gets towards the middle of the back of the ship. Room 6192 should have an even bigger verandah.

Oh-oh - looks like we will have to change our booking. :eek: That balcony is tiny and I am feeling totally unimpressed! :sad2:

I am guessing your verandah is probably big enough for chairs. Unlike 5188.

Does anyone have any ideas about 9672? I am really concerned now about the balcony being tiny!

From the look of the deck plans your balcony should be decent sized. It isn't next to a porthole window like the corner verandahs on decks 5 and 6. Plus in addition those decks have a double railing which your's doesn't so it probably will have more space.

Waiting for pics of :yay:9174 & 9176 too!!!

I know 9176 probably has a wider verandah than the others that are not corner AFT's because it has that extra little area on the deck plans that is 'greyed' out and by the look of the later photos of the back of the ship they gave all that area to the AFT center stateroom. I have 8188 which is the stateroom right below 9176 and I am hoping it is pretty large.

If you have connecting rooms you might be able to get them to remove the divider if possible so you can have an even bigger verandah.

One of our fellow cruisemates for the May 22 cruise posted some pictures of the aft of the dream verandah's. If you look at page 47 of the "Dream: May 22, 2011" post #701 on the Cruise Meets Thread, you can see enlarged picture.
And YES, they do finally have the dividers installed between the verandahs back there.

Stateroom 6688 verandah looks to be of a more normal size. We are in 6690.

It appears that the other tiny wedge shaped verandah on deck 5 aft is 5688(?).

If I booked 5688 and ended up with that tiny verandah I would definately be upset. I agree that DCL needs to downgrade the category of that room.

We chose 9674 over the deck 10 aft cabins due to the overhang from Deck 11. Can't wait to see pics of it since won't be in it until 2012 on the Fantasy!!!

What am I missing? Looking at a side view of the boat, the overhang looks the same to me as any others.

What am I missing? Looking at a side view of the boat, the overhang looks the same to me as any others.

I think the concern is because on the Magic and Wonder when they would hose off the decks of the deck above those rooms it makes a mess in the verandahs. I believe the Dream has more overhang so it might be less of an issue.

One of our fellow cruisemates for the May 22 cruise posted some pictures of the aft of the dream verandah's. If you look at page 47 of the "Dream: May 22, 2011" post #701 on the Cruise Meets Thread, you can see enlarged picture.
And YES, they do finally have the dividers installed between the verandahs back there.

Stateroom 6688 verandah looks to be of a more normal size. We are in 6690.

It appears that the other tiny wedge shaped verandah on deck 5 aft is 5688(?).

If I booked 5688 and ended up with that tiny verandah I would definately be upset. I agree that DCL needs to downgrade the category of that room.

Thanks those are some awesome photos!

The 6th deck verandahs look good! Just the corner 5th deck are a problem.

Here are the photos referred to above (you can also see where the dividers open.)
halloween2010225.jpg

halloween2010223.jpg

I am excited about 8188 the verandah looks pretty large.

Oh and due to the slope of the back it looks like 10 has the deepest verandahs then 9 next followed by 8 and 7 which look the same size. I think deck 6's might be deeper than 7 and 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter