Any easy "Rhubarb crisp" recipes out there?

Oh my, how funny. I just posted arhubarb recipe thread a couple of days ago and didn't get an answer. I DO have a rhubarb crisp recipe for you though.

2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 cups rhubarb, chopped
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4T walnut or canola oil

Toss together strawberries and rhubarb. Place in the bottom of a pie or casserole dish. In a mixing bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, walnuts and oil. Sprinkle mixture over fruit. Cover lightly with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 375 for about 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

I just got given a HUGE pile of rhubarb from a coworker and so just rediscovered my crisp recipe. Yummy. As a note, you can also chop the rubarb and freeze it for later in the year. I generally make this with frozen strawberries rather than fresh because they're going to get all mushy anyway so they don't have to be that pretty to start with.

Filling
3-4 cups of rhubarb
equal ammount of strawberries
3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like it

Topping
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter

-Mix the filling together until coated with sugar, pour into baking dish. I generally use a round casserole dish so my crisp is tall rather than flat, but any dish that holds the filling will work
-Blend the toppings together very well. The butter needs to have blended into very small pieces.
-Pour topping evenly over the filling, a little heavier around the edges
-Bake at 350 for 45(ish) minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter