Any DCLers been on Celebrity Eclipse (or Solstice class)?

miatamel

DIS Veteran
My mom is taking me and my girls on the American Girl 25th Birthday cruise in November (Thanksgiving week) on the Celebrity Eclipse. It's a new ship and looks very pretty, but it just doesn't give me the tingles when I look at it like I get when I look at the Disney boats.

Just wondered if any of you have sailed on Celebrity, Solstice class, and what you thought of them.

Thanks!

We took a b2b on the solstice last summer. She is a beautiful ship. In comparison to dcl, IMO solstice had better cabins. They were roomier, bed was comfortable, loved the shelf space in bathroom, and nice touch of a foot rest in the shower for shaving legs. Both have good food. Dcl has better shows. Solstice pools were bigger. But, dcl beats solstice hands down on service. Solstice staff were cold, unfriendly, did little to engage with guests. I really missed the friendly relaxed vibe of dcl when we were on solstice.

All that said, both offer a great cruise experience. But, in the future it's back to Disney for us. :love::love:

My mom is taking me and my girls on the American Girl 25th Birthday cruise in November (Thanksgiving week) on the Celebrity Eclipse. It's a new ship and looks very pretty, but it just doesn't give me the tingles when I look at it like I get when I look at the Disney boats.

Just wondered if any of you have sailed on Celebrity, Solstice class, and what you thought of them.

Thanks!

A friend of mine JUST got off the Eclipse and had a wonderful time. The pictures of his stateroom are really nice....maybe a little smaller than DCL rooms, but they had a verandah. The pictures of the boat were also really nice. It's a mid-size ship.

But it's an American Girl cruise!!! I wouldn't hesitate to go on a theme cruise that was something I was interested in just because it wasn't a DCL boat. They'll be waiting for you for another cruise in the future!!!

we were on the Equinox last year. very nice, verandah larger thanDCL, stateroom was lovely and comfortable, Dining Room was waaayy too large, too noisey, too hectic, fooe mediocre. Specialty restaurants were OK but the steak house was excellent. lots to do on the ship, great shops (and lots of them). Still it is back to DCL for us

We JUST got back from sailing on the Eclipse on December 18th. The ship is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed everything to do with the ship itself. The decor, finishes and amenities are much nicer than the 10 year old Disney ship but that should be expected. However, the service, food and shows were very much lacking! We also thought that we enjoyed the dining rotation on Disney rather than sticking to one room on the Eclipse unless you paid more. However, YOU MUST DO QUISINE! If you are going for the ship and relaxation, it will be an amazing selection. You can read about it in my blog.

Hope this helps!

Chad J.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter