Any Creation Fest fans out there?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I was just curious if there are any DISers out there who have been to the Creation Festival, a gigantic 4-day Christian music festival (although it's much more than just music). I think upwards of 50,000 people attend and the vast majority camp out on site. There are two locations: one in Pennsylvania and one in Washington for those on the west coast.

It's really fun, and it just struck me that it would be interesting to find out if there are any other DISers that go there as well! I can't go this year but hopefully next year.

Laura

Haven't ever been but it sounds like a blast to me. We have one here in the south called Atlanta Fest, which is usually held in conjunction with Six Flags but a few years they did it at Stone Mtn.

My kids have gone quite a few times. I hate to camp and Creation has a reputation for quite rustic accomodations.

I don't camp, so I don't go, but my 21 year old son goes almost every year with a bunch of friends. He talks about how great it is all year. He is currently in the process of trying to talk his boss into letting him off this year for it. He goes to the one in WA. Debby

DD went a few years ago when it was in Hershey due to the amount of rain that year in Agape. She loved it but has allergies and asthma and used one whole rescue inhaler in the few days that they were there. Since the adults would not monitor medications, we decided no more after that... another one of those unpopular decisions we as parents had to make!! :guilty:

I went a few years ago to the one in PA and had a great time and met lots of really nice people.

Our Youth Group is going! They have been every year and they love it.

chadfromdallas said:
This P.O.D. like music or gospels and such?

Chad,

Basically there is just about every style of Christian music there! They have rock, pop, rap, alternative, and occasionally heavy metal/punk. There is also regular praise and worship music, too. There is a main stage as well as a smaller 'fringe' stage. Music and events are happening from morning til night and you can pick and choose which things you want to go to.

They also have speakers, worship services, children's activities, baptisms, contests, skateboard/BMX, fireworks, etc. One awesome part is at the end of the week, they hold a candlelight service. Imagine 60-70,000 people in completely remote area of PA at night, each holding an unlit candle. Then you watch as some people light their candles and spread it to the people next to them, until you see all the patches of candlelights getting bigger and eventually connect until the whole place is lit up. It's awesome!

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter