Any comments about Teppenyaki??

hellokitty

dis veteran/disney addict
My husband and i love when you can watch them cook/grill
your food right in front of you, like bennihana's ,
is this that type of place?

If so, how is the food?

I can make PS in a month and want to try new and different places.

I think you'll like Teppanyaki. I'm not a huge fan of that type of restaurant that we have here at home but I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Teppanyaki. My tenderloin was done to perfection! MY dh loved his combo, and the kids were enthralled with the "chef". The other people at our table were very nice and we made conversation. A very enjoyable experience IMO.

We went for an early dinner in Sept.03. While our chef wasn't much for joking like some of the others I saw, he was very talented with his knives. The tables/cooking areas were set up 4 per "room" with each room separated by sliding bamboo screens. Our side was open when we were there. The food was fantastic. I kid you not, I had scallops the size of large marshmallows. Everything we had was cooked to perfection. My youngest son (the pickiest eater of all) ate some of my husband's squid! I would highly recommend you try eating there. We are definitely making a PS for our trip in August.

I went in Oct. of last year with my parents and sister. . . thought the food was really great. I believe I had steak and shrimp combo. My only compliant was that my dad told the chef "no" when he went to put the bean sprouts on his plate so the chef piled a double serving on my plate. I don't mind a few but it was way more than I could have possible wanted. Just make sure to tell who ever you go with not to refuse the chef :)

Favorites we enjoy the food and entertainment the chef provide's.We also enjoy the opportuinty to meet the folks at grill with us.Have had some great conversations with folks we have met.::yes:: :wave2:

Originally posted by Epcotgal8
I'm not a huge fan of that type of restaurant that we have here at home but I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Teppanyaki.

I have to say that our family's experience is the exact opposite. We LOVE our local Japanese restaurant and were really looking forward to Teppanyaki because of it. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. Our local place is much better. We vowed never again for this place. It was expensive, not very tasty(not bad, just boring), and just an all around disappointment!

I am going to have to agree with cruisinfamily. I thought it was boring food. I was happy, from reading the board here I did a lunch instead of dinner, prices are high at dinner time and I don't think it is worth it. The one nice thing wa sthe people witted at the table with us wa sa mom, her daughter and her friends. It was the daughters BD we sang happy BD and had a small party with them. This women worked in my town when she lived in Mass, so we had alot to talk about :D

Another one who was disappointed. It was okay, but nothing special or different from a similar restaurant here in town. Just more expensive!

A tip: the Matsu Ma Lounge (is the spelling r ight?) offers a lot of the same tempura items a lot cheaper than Teppanyaki or Yakitori House. It's also the best lounge in World Showcase. We love to sit down with sake martinis looking out the windows; we're usually there a couple of hours :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter