Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

DIS is acting a little weird today. I have noticed that some people's avatars are missing. In some of my trip reports, photos are not showing up. I can currently see the ones in this report, but I'm not sure everyone can.

:confused3

DIS is acting a little weird today. I have noticed that some people's avatars are missing. In some of my trip reports, photos are not showing up. I can currently see the ones in this report, but I'm not sure everyone can.

:confused3

I couldn't see them earlier, but they are all showing up in all their glory now. Must have been a temporary glitch.

I couldn't see them earlier, but they are all showing up in all their glory now. Must have been a temporary glitch.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

ETA: They all disappeared again this morning. I deleted and re-added the pictures, although I don't think it is my issue.

Last edited:
So pleased you were able to catch up with the noodles.

Uber does sound like it works really well.

Plenty of Sunken Treasures :drinking1

Those noodles really get around! Was it in Greece that you encountered them?

We were really happy with our Uber rides. Well, except the one that we barely survived. But that is a story for later. :scared1:

My Sunken would not come until a couple of days later.

:goodvibes:

Loving it so far, and I am sure the CM in the lobby was like...waitttt...WHAT????? :rotfl: I love the Walmart pics:rotfl2:

It was quite a scene! The CM did not understand why my "friends" wouldn't give me my room number. I kept telling her they were teasing me. I showed her the texts.

Eventually, she gave me the room number, but she did tell me I was cheating.

I added another Walmart picture. I had some technical difficulties getting it from my phone to my computer (different from the technical difficulties in keeping the pictures appearing on the DIS)

:lmao:

I'm glad Erika dissipated and didn't disturb your trip at all.

Uber seems to be the way to go these days.

I can't wait to experience BC in January.

We had a couple of instances with rain, but nothing like the deluge they were calling for earlier in the week. Absolutely no issues in getting back home Tuesday morning, which I think is when they were calling for Erika to hit the area.

On the whole, Uber worked really well for us. Plus, as we will explain as we describe each ride, we were all new users so most of our trips were free!

I have been really pleased to read all of the recent positive reviews from people staying at the Beach Club!

::yes::

Last edited:

It was quite a scene! The CM did not understand why my "friends" wouldn't give me my room number. I kept telling her they were teasing me. I showed her the texts.

I added another Walmart picture. I had some technical difficulties getting it from my phone to my computer (different from the technical difficulties in keeping the pictures appearing on the DIS)

LOL..It's not cheating, you were being resourceful in trying to figure out the room number. Since I would get lost in the resort having the room number is the ONLY way I'd find those monkeys ;)

Hoping the board gets its issues resolved so I can see the updated Wal-Mart picture. Keep the updates coming when you can. Really enjoying following along.

:wave: Finally here! Made it thru first week of work and jet lag, finally able to stay awake to read, with a little help from sugar/Tasty Cakes! Thanks NM! Ok, and maybe a glass of wine or 2 :drinking1helped me thru first week!

I can't see any pics either! It was so nice to meet those of you I hadn't met yet in person.

Those noodles really get around! Was it in Greece that you encountered them?

We were really happy with our Uber rides. Well, except the one that we barely survived. But that is a story for later. :scared1:

My Sunken would not come until a couple of days later.

We had a couple of instances with rain, but nothing like the alarms they were calling for earlier in the week. Absolutely no issues in getting back home Tuesday morning, which I think is when they were calling for Erika to hit the area.

On the whole, Uber worked really well for us. Plus, as we will explain as we describe each ride, we were all new users so most of our trips were free!

I have been really pleased to read all of the recent positive reviews from people staying at the Beach Club!

I just signed up for uber since I'm in Pittsburgh for business. I'll try it out tonight on my way to dinner. We'll probably use it in January to go to DTD. One Mears cab driver we had this past August was entertaining, but I prefer a little less TMI from a total stranger.

The only photo I can't see is in the post about Erika. It's at the very end.

I just signed up for uber since I'm in Pittsburgh for business. I'll try it out tonight on my way to dinner. We'll probably use it in January to go to DTD. One Mears cab driver we had this past August was entertaining, but I prefer a little less TMI from a total stranger.

The only photo I can't see is in the post about Erika. It's at the very end.

Do you have a code for a first ride free or promotional money off (someone in the FAQ thread posted a code)? I can email a link to you. That's what we ended up doing- most of the Uber rides we took in Orlando were free- Rebecca's son referred her and she got a free ride. Then she referred me, I referred Ninja, etc...

The picture in the Erika post is Edith Bunker, who Ninja originally posted when she finally "got" what we were talking about.

:idea:

Edith appears to have done a runner again!
I can see Edith, in fact, I've been able to see all of the pictures the whole time.

I think the pictures that are uploaded directly through the Dis boards seem to be disappearing for some people. I know that avatars and smiliies are missing for me some people. The photos that are added through a photo hosting website like Photobucket seem to be alright.

I'm here Dee! It sounds like such a fun trip can't wait to read more.
That was a really moving post about your friend's husband, Bob. So tragic. Made me tear up at work. Hope all is well with their family.

That was really funny about how they tried to make you guess the room number. Good thinking on getting the CM to help you. It can't be the first time antics like this happen when a bunch of friends get together at Disney. :lmao:

LOL..It's not cheating, you were being resourceful in trying to figure out the room number. Since I would get lost in the resort having the room number is the ONLY way I'd find those monkeys ;)

I inherited an extremely poor sense of direction from my father, so although my monkey friends gave me the two rooms that were on either side, I still needed some extra help!

:rotfl:

Hoping the board gets its issues resolved so I can see the updated Wal-Mart picture. Keep the updates coming when you can. Really enjoying following along.

Abu, per your request, pictures have returned.

Me, too!

Glad you are here and that you are enjoying our tales.

:thumbsup2

Loving this and I lived it!

I agree, stopping at the front desk was resourceful, although, I truly did think you figured it out on your own. :goodvibes

I'm glad I was able to find you all, however I figured it out!

:grouphug:

:wave: Finally here! Made it thru first week of work and jet lag, finally able to stay awake to read, with a little help from sugar/Tasty Cakes! Thanks NM! Ok, and maybe a glass of wine or 2 :drinking1helped me thru first week!

I can't see any pics either! It was so nice to meet those of you I hadn't met yet in person.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip! Thanks for taking the time to include us! Loved meeting you, finally, after being cyber friends for so long. I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner together!

Edith appears to have done a runner again!

Love that phrase!

I can see Edith, in fact, I've been able to see all of the pictures the whole time.

I think the pictures that are uploaded directly through the Dis boards seem to be disappearing for some people. I know that avatars and smiliies are missing for me some people. The photos that are added through a photo hosting website like Photobucket seem to be alright.

I don't know what is/was going on. For the most part, I could see all the pictures even when some couldn't. But at other times, all I saw was an x in place of the photos.

Some avatars and smilies are still not showing consistently, for example:

:confused:

I'm here Dee! It sounds like such a fun trip can't wait to read more.
That was a really moving post about your friend's husband, Bob. So tragic. Made me tear up at work. Hope all is well with their family.

That was really funny about how they tried to make you guess the room number. Good thinking on getting the CM to help you. It can't be the first time antics like this happen when a bunch of friends get together at Disney. :lmao:

:welcome:

So glad you are here!

:woohoo:

It is really hard to reconcile the really amazing time we all had together with the deep sadness we are still experiencing.

Fortunately, the four of us are all good sports who do not have any problem laughing at ourselves and each other. That trait will serve us well throughout our time together. I love the differences between a family trip and a girls trip!

There will definitely be more antics and shenanigans!

:jumping1:

Joining! My avatar is missing because something went wonky and all you could see was Cinderella's...chest...I deleted it and haven't gotten a chance to find a new one! :rolleyes1

That sure does sound like a petulant group of monkeys, not telling you the room number! I'm sure that you would have behaved much better if you weren't the last to arrive. :rolleyes:

Have finally managed to get caught up in this trip report at last. Still behind on all the others I follow but hey I've got my priorities straight! Loving every bit of it :). Can't wait for more. You really lightened my day so thanks :)

Joining! My avatar is missing because something went wonky and all you could see was Cinderella's...chest...I deleted it and haven't gotten a chance to find a new one! :rolleyes1

:welcome:

So glad to have you here!

Yikes on the avatar. Hope you are able to find something suitable for a family board.

;)

That sure does sound like a petulant group of monkeys, not telling you the room number! I'm sure that you would have behaved much better if you weren't the last to arrive. :rolleyes:

Of course!

However, we will never know.

:laughing:

Have finally managed to get caught up in this trip report at last. Still behind on all the others I follow but hey I've got my priorities straight! Loving every bit of it :). Can't wait for more. You really lightened my day so thanks :)

Good to have you back. Glad I could bring a smile to your face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter