• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Wegoshop horror story

Apology thread is also on DVC and the Budget board. If people have issues with them it should be discussed off the board. That is why it was closed.

tinker-kyle said:
we have delivery scheduled for sat 12/3 at SSR ... i spoke to eric last night and was informed that

1. they are no longer allowed to room charge and have bell services store groceries (i dont know how/why they ever were allowed to do that - but it was an option when i booked)

2. they are no longer able to accept cc's (this one is odd)

!

We just returned from our WDW trip and had Wegoshop deliver on 11/11 to our bell staff. (Day before the complain of this post). We sent in our order 5 days before, got an email confirmation and the when I faxed in my CC authorization, I requested a call to say they received it and Eric called back. I really have no complaints with the service we received from Wegoshop.
They were schedule to deliver in the afternoon before 8pm and when we returned from the parks at 3pm, I check with bell staff to see if grocires where delivered. Nothing was recorded. Checked again later that evening at 8pm and they said nothing was listed. I called Wegoshop and left a message. I got a call back within 30 minutes and Becca said they were at the resort and that Bell Staff who received them had forgotten to write down the receipt. I asked how she was able to get someone to respond to her from bell staff, when they did not do anything for me and she laughed and said she threaten to get in the car and drive over to show them where it was stored. A few minutes later I called Bell again and asked them to deliver it.
Bell staff could only schedule 30 minutes out.

At this point my issues were with Bell Staff and not Wegoshop. We had other issues with Bell Staff during our stay.

mikesmom said:
It is expensive to take credit cards and you are not allowed to add an upcharge for the service. I own a business that takes cards and it is definitely not allowed. If the vendor near CarolA is reported to the cc company they can lose their service.

That being said, I hate to be harsh also, but you must have backups in place when you run a business, particularly one that is time sensitive.

In Canada a company taking CC's can add a 4 or 5 % surcharge to the total for accepting the card.

I am not sure if I posted this here before or not. But, the fact is there were problems back in October with the service leaving people in the lurch.

I had an order coming in the 24th at 5pm, which was the day of the Hurricane. At 10 pm the evening before I was called on my cell phone and told there would be no deliveries until Wednsday Morning. I said no wait a minute I am in a hotel room with 3 kids and nothing here. if I get stuck in teh room what am I too do? Weather permittting can you deliver Monday after the storm has passed? tuesday No?

NOw no problem don't get me wrong. Had I ecieved a cancelation phone call at 2pm, 4pm, jeez.....even 7pm great. But almost 10 pm?

I hemmed and hawed then found out there was no room service the next day. So I had to get in a cab near midnight with 3 kids, two of them 5 year olds. Rather than risk being in the room with them and nothing to fall back on. It was $40 round trip to goodings and I did not feel a very smart
/safe thing for me alone to be doing with the kids but at that point fealt really Did I want to roll the dice.
Really.. it was very unprofessional and had it been handled differantly, I would say hey it happens but It was not handeled well. I will not rely on a service like this in the future. and if I have to take a cab It sure as heck won't be at midnight.

robinb said:
Maybe I'm missing something, as I didn't read all these threads completely.

I seems that the current owners did have family emergencies, missed deliveries, etc that led them to sell their business. They cancelled deliveries this week (and next?) and will start a transition to the new owners in December. It makes perfect sense to me for them to change to the new owner's rules (no CC, no Sunday delivery, etc) during the transition. I don't see them blaming the new owners, they are changing to the new owners rules. I actually commend them for trying to service as many customers as possible in the transition month. They could, as Carol suggested, cancel everyone until January leaving them high and dry. I'm sure that would upset people a lot more.

There's a post on the resorts board where the current owner called someone today and said the new owners don't deliver on Sunday. If your read the apology therads it's pretty apparent that until the full takeover of the new owners 1/1/06, the current owners are still minding the store. So the truth is the current owner is not delivering on Sunday.... As I said, I would have no problem if they had said "It's become overwhelming and we just can't deliver on Sunday's anymore" which is probably what is really happening.

Actually, I think it might have been better from the standpoint of the NEW owners for the current owners to have "left everyone high and dry" My theory is that if they had just shut down and had a decent period between A and B the franchise itself might be fine. However, to cancel deliveries etc and blame it on the "new owners" implies that the New owners dont' give as good a service which may or may not be true, but I would be afraid it would be hard to overcome....

I don't know what the true story is, but I grew up in a small family run business and when we bought a new location (coin laudry, dry clean drop offs) we moved QUICK just to avoid this type of thing. We would immediately make changes to make sure that everyone knew there was new management etc and make every effort to make things better. We learned the hard way not to allow the old owners to "mind the store" LOL

I wanted to use their service in late October. I called and left 3 messages the first week of October and I never heard back. I just gave up and went grocery shopping prior to checking in. It's a shame because it sure would be a great service if done correctly.

You know, in all fairness to the Browns, I don't know how you can make money doing it. Think about how much time you spend in a grocery store, bagging the items, then taking them home and unloading them.

Even if you got $30 every time you did it, would it make you rich?

Even if you were able to shop for yourself plus a few other people and did this X4, would it be worth it?

Plus, many grocery stores are starting to do this themselves. In our area, Acme Markets delivers to your house for $10 regardless of the size of your order. If you want to pick up at the store, the charge is $5. As a supermarket, they make money on it, but could I if I did this for people? I don't know how I could.

JandD Mom said:
You know, in all fairness to the Browns, I don't know how you can make money doing it. Think about how much time you spend in a grocery store, bagging the items, then taking them home and unloading them.

Even if you got $30 every time you did it, would it make you rich?

Even if you were able to shop for yourself plus a few other people and did this X4, would it be worth it?

Plus, many grocery stores are starting to do this themselves. In our area, Acme Markets delivers to your house for $10 regardless of the size of your order. If you want to pick up at the store, the charge is $5. As a supermarket, they make money on it, but could I if I did this for people? I don't know how I could.

I agree...it sounds daunting.. Like I said above, I have nothing but praise for them from the service we recieved at the end of Sept. I am sorry that they have run into bad times & I am sorry for those who were depending on them & then let down...bad situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter