• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Wegoshop horror story

The other thing on Credit Cards is I then clicked on the location close to me. They do take CCs. (There is a markup for this service, but...)

My concern to be honest is that if they don't take CCs then there is no way that they can "leave" the stuff at Bell Services so now you HAVE to be there to meet them... And it doesn't seem like thier on time rate is all that I would want.

It is expensive to take credit cards and you are not allowed to add an upcharge for the service. I own a business that takes cards and it is definitely not allowed. If the vendor near CarolA is reported to the cc company they can lose their service.

That being said, I hate to be harsh also, but you must have backups in place when you run a business, particularly one that is time sensitive.

CC are expensive for a business to accept, however, given the nature of this business, and that they cater mainly to a tourist-type clientel, it should be a priority for them. Plus, it does give the client some peace of mind. Assuming they are affiliated in some way with the national website, they should have the ability to be part of a group deal with a credit card accepting agency, even if they are technically an "independent operator." Start ups aside, a business associated with a website site referral should be established enough to accept credit cards, and should be able to have planned for changing bank accounts. I know business I have been associate with changed banks a couple of times. They simply left the "old" account open to accept credit card payments until the CC companies could update their records and make the change.

mikesmom said:
It is expensive to take credit cards and you are not allowed to add an upcharge for the service. I own a business that takes cards and it is definitely not allowed. If the vendor near CarolA is reported to the cc company they can lose their service.

That being said, I hate to be harsh also, but you must have backups in place when you run a business, particularly one that is time sensitive.
And reporting them will do NOTHING LOL

Visa/MC know this goes on and unless you are doing a big volume they just ignore it. Plus you can do it if you call it something else.. So add a service fee for groceries delivered when you aren't home and the only way you can deliver when I am not home is to charge my CC!

bicker said:
These days, accepting credit cards is one necessary (but not sufficient) sign of a business' reliability. Not ever having accepted them, I would just discount the vendor as a start-up, and would avoid them because start-ups are generally unreliable (most new businesses fail, etc.) Being that they had been accepting them and now they don't any longer, that sounds sinister to me. They'd be well-advised to get their act together soon.

So I'm back in the market for an alternative to wegoshop.... is there any more established and reliable business that does this in the area?

Eric's suggestion to me was to call Gooding's supermarket. They offer a delivery service. Be advised - the Gooding's in Crossroads is very expensive! I would say 30 -40% more expensive than your local Wal-Mart, Publix, etc.

bicker said:
Sorry, but those excuses wouldn't help their case, in my mind. I would expect a business to be sure that they have the new arrangements in place before the let go of the resources they need to run their business. Again, this goes back to the point CarolA made earlier about a business not making their problems the customer's problems.

I am in complete agreement. These folks do not run the operation like a business, they run it like a hobby. If they ran it like a business, they would have back up plans on how to run it when they have family problems. There should be 1 time out of 100 that the backup fails. That should be so rare you don't read about it. However, it seems that they have a problem more and more often. You should not have to deal with screaming kids and barking dogs when you call a business, that is unless you are calling a daycare or a kennel. :confused3

We had a similar experience in late August. I faxed a detailed list of what we wanted, including what could be substituted and what could not. After getting no responses I did call and got the "oh yeah, I got it" why are you bothering me response. Then after we landed in Orlando I get a call from the wife on my cel phone. She injured herself and could not get to the store for our 3 pm delivery. Could her husband take it over at night? Ok, fine. We have no groceries to snack on, I guess I will put them away tonight when I should be putting the kids to bed. She said they would leave them with the BW bellman, and take my credit card to bill without fee, since it was their fault.

Groceries come and we are there. The husband wants to charge me extra to use the credit card so I rummage around for my checkbook and pay. He leaves me no receipt (which I did not realize until he was gone). When we start putting things away I realize there are several substitutions of items that were clearly marked "DO Not Substitute" (ie, I am not going to give my kids South Beach Diet wheat crackers when I asked for Wheat Thins). There were also Tomatoes that were about to be moldy and a few other things I would not have bought.

I don't think I would use them again. I don't think it is worth it. It would have been easier to send DH to publix with the same list while I unpacked. Then at least I could make sure we got what we wanted when we wanted it.

We had thought about using them in August but decided at the last minute to do our own shopping. I just wasn't comfortable with the whole set-up, sounds like with good reason?

I don't know how I missed any past threads on complaints. After reading just this thread I feel like ALL of a sudden there are so many complaints about Wegoshop's services, starting a few months ago. We used them last May and had a good experience, but it seems like the troubles are more recent. I'm having very mixed feelings about whether to use them as I had planned for our upcoming December trip. I have already booked the time via phone and I'm about to send them my grocery list. Initially, after reading the OP's experience and Dean's comments, I figured I would just sit tight and keep the plans as is because everyone can have a bad day. Now that I've read several bad experieces, missed times, incomplete orders, disregard of order instructions, etc., I am not feeling at all comfortable using them in less than 4 weeks.

Something is definitely going on with Wegoshop. I had them scheduled for a Nov. 25 delivery and had given them my credit card number. When I got home last Friday night there was a voice mail from what sounded like Corporate Wegoshop saying that new owners were taking over the Orlando franchise and that there would be NO DELIVERY from Nov 24 to Nov 28. He suggested that I contact Goodings. He did not leave a phone number or any other contact information. I am a little concerned that SOMEONE has my credit card number :guilty:

Interesting.

Julylady,
I would call you CC company and see what they suggest. It might be best to cancel the card and have them overnight you a new one or they could put a fraud alert on it. I feel pretty certain that nothing will happen, but... if it makes you feel better.

Also, I wonder who really called. The way this is structured I don't see any way corporate would no who to call unless the owner gave them his records. And I just checked the website. Eric and Rebecca are still showing as the owners.

The gentleman said he was calling regarding my Wegoshop order for Nov 25. The reason I thought it was Corporate is that he said that the Orlando franchise had "new owners and that they were not delivering between Nov 24-28." He could have been the new owner, I suppose, but he did not represent himself that way. I think I will send the "old owners" an email!

This was my first time to use Wegoshop and I doubt I will consider them again. But, at least I got a phone call! Sounds like others have been left in the lurch.

Julylady said:
The gentleman said he was calling regarding my Wegoshop order for Nov 25. The reason I thought it was Corporate is that he said that the Orlando franchise had "new owners and that they were not delivering between Nov 24-28." He could have been the new owner, I suppose, but he did not represent himself that way. I think I will send the "old owners" an email!

This was my first time to use Wegoshop and I doubt I will consider them again. But, at least I got a phone call! Sounds like others have been left in the lurch.

Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll wait to hear from those who will be dealing with the new owners before deciding whether to cancel my 12/10 order.

So sorry to hear about this last minute cancellation of your Thankgiving order.

Given this thread, it is not a huge surprise that they sold the franchise. It is starting to seem like they are way over their heads.

Just adding my 2 cents - I emailed for info on a Nov 25 delivery - no response - guess I know why now - still - bad bad way to do business - I wouldn't even consider them now - no response is always a deal breaker with me.

Cyn

Julylady said:

I also had a delivery scheduled for 11/25 and got the same phone call. It was Eric who called me. His name was on my caller ID. I had the same concern about the credit authorization form. The whole situation suprised me because I had heard such good reviews on these boards. It does sound like the increase in business with magical express got to be too much to handle for the current owners.

Hi

We have an order in for Wegoshop for Dec 4th to deliver at VWL...hearing some negative banter going on on the boards....are there any good recent stories on Wegoshop or has it gone to he11 in a handbasket?

Trying to determine whether we should cancel or not!

I can see on the website with the 'new ownership' that charges for shop and delivery have gone up!

Thanks
Inga

I tried to place an order last week for January and got no response. Based on the threads lately I am glad I did not give them a credit card number. Looks like we will be taking a trip to Publix. Does anyone know if Publix will pull the order ahead of time so you just go in and pick it up?

OK... I know this is going to sound hateful BUT no place on thier web site does it say anything about this ownership change.

You don't think that perhaps they just don't want to work Thanksgiving??? I mean it's kind of a strange weekend for an "ownership" change????

I thought this after reading a post today from someone on the Resort board. She called today or yesterday for delivery this weekend and was told it was "full" until the 28th.... No mention of a change of ownership was made....

we have delivery scheduled for sat 12/3 at SSR ... i spoke to eric last night and was informed that

1. they are no longer allowed to room charge and have bell services store groceries (i dont know how/why they ever were allowed to do that - but it was an option when i booked)

2. they are no longer able to accept cc's (this one is odd)

3. will accept cash/check (i dont envy the headaches that will cause with out-of-state checks-yikes!)

4. though i was initially told i could submit order up to 3 days before scheduled delivery - they were "encouraging" me to get it asap.

on a postive note .. they were very accomendating about delivery time (8pm on saturday nite) and i got a relatively quick response to an email inquiry i sent to them today.

no mention of owner change

i have my fingers crossed ... nothing essential in the order just lots of bottled water, beer, milk, and cereal ... and i figure they need me to get paid so it'll all work out.

otherwise i'll be shopping for new grocery delivery company for easter trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter