• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Wegoshop horror story

disneyeveryyear

DIS Veteran
I had heard all of the the rave reviews from these boards about Wegoshop.com. Since we were going "home" for the first time, and planned to use ME, we thought it would be well worth the $.

So, 4 weeks out I send our list. Since I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, I called and left a message asking for a return call. None came. Oh well. I called again the next day and spoke to Becca (over the screaming kid(s) and barking dog(s).) Yes, they had received our order and it would be taken care of.

About 2 weeks before, we added 1 day to our OKW stay and I called to confirm if we could get groceries early. No problem. Wonderful. Two days before we left, I e-mailed and asked if I could add 1 item to list. Asked for a return e-mail. Received nothing.

We arrive on 11/12, no groceries. OK. We head to park and dinner. Get back at 8:00 p.m. No groceries. Call sister to look up phone number on-line because I hadn't written it down. Call, leave message. Call again at 10:00 p.m. Leave another message. Call at 8:00 a.m Sunday message, leave message. Call at 11:45 a.m., talk to Eric. So sorry, would we still accept delivery today. They are having trouble with nextel phone. Call disconnects halfway through discussion and he calls me back (thus he has my cell phone #). I say if we can have delivery by 3:00 or 4:00 p.m., we will accept it. I had also chosen to have them charged to my room at OKW. He tells me OKW won't allow that and I have to read him my charge card number over the phone.

When we arrive at room at about 3:00 p.m., no groceries. When we get ready to leave to go to pool, I see light flashing on phone. A voice-mail from Eric states they have a family emergency and I can call Goodings. I know he had my cell phone number, why did he call room? So after dinner at WCC, we bring everyone back to room and get kids to bed. So my mom and niece stay with kids while DH and I go to Super Wal-Mart at 11:30 p.m.

I will never, ever use this service again.

As was indicated on previous thread, I will be sending info to National headquarters of Wegoshop.com.

Please be forewarned!

Good to know which companies are reliable. I don't think I would trust that company again, after all, you take one vacation (well at least we do) and you'd hope that things would go a lot smoother. Thanks for putting the word out.

Thanks for the report. I was going to use them this March but it sounds like they are have a few problems and the last thing I would want on vacation is having their problems becoming mine. I hope they have things fixed before our trip, if not, I'll go with another company.

Again, thanks for the report...

Sounds like someone could have a successful wegoshop business in Orlando if they could get the franchise from these people and do it right. I would think that Orlando would be the #1 city in America for something like this.

I have used them at least 6 times and had no experiences anything like what you did. Based on my previous good experiences I would have to assume that this was a 'comedy of errors' combined with some sort of "family emergency". It's too bad this was you're first experience with them, but based on the overwhelming body of evidence (on these boards) I would conclude that this was the exception, not the rule.

I had also chosen to have them charged to my room at OKW. He tells me OKW won't allow that and I have to read him my charge card number over the phone.

I've never heard of such an option. I seriously doubt that that is/was an option. Since WeGoShop is an independent company - not connected to Disney in anyway-why/how would Disney allow a 3rd party to charge to your room account??

I have no knowledge or connection with their business, simply what I've seen posted here. But given the situation and overwhelming positive experience, I'd think any potential customers should stay tuned. I wouldn't cancel if I had them arranged. If it was truly a family emergency, cut them slack. If so, they'll be back on target hopefully soon. OTOH, if the string of negatives continue, they won't be around very long.

If we find out that something really bad happened I think some people are going to feel bad for any complaints or negative comments. However, just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't a justified emergency.

If I were inclined to use their service, none of the info so far would deter me. All I might do at most would be to simply state that I'd heard some recent issues and ask if those would be likely to impact their ability to deliver what I needed. If the answer was no and said in a way I as comfortable, I'd proceed and expect things to go well.

We used "We Go Shop" in October, and received confirmation of our grocery list right away. I called because I had a couple of questions and she was helpful and took the time to make sure I was happy. I called when we got to OKW and they said the groceries would be late and would that be ok? It was! We just went to the parks. When we went to pick up our groceries at the front upon returning, We Go Shop was just bringing our groceries which was much later than expected, but ok! There were several items missing and I called and later they were brought to our room which again was ok. But there were still one item missing that was brought to our room the next day.

I was a little disappointed, but we did get everything and our fun time was not compromised.

DVCconvert said:
I've never heard of such an option. I seriously doubt that that is/was an option. Since WeGoShop is an independent company - not connected to Disney in anyway-why/how would Disney allow a 3rd party to charge to your room account??

This was actually listed as an option on thier website.. I wondered about it.

I have to be honest. I had planned to use them for a trip this summer. I have now read at least two different negative posts... If the trend continues I will change plans..

While I do hope nothing is wrong with the family that really is NOT the customer's issue. IT sounds like this family needs a back up plan! Hire a few stay at home moms as backups. I would not think it's that hard to find some women or men who for a little cash would do this on an as needed basis when there are crisis or busy times.

I went to the site to see if I could find the info on delivery to Disney and it was gone, but this was there...

!

"Please Note: As of 11/18/05 we will no longer be accepting credit cards as a payment option. This is planned to only be temporary, however we do not have an estimated time of re-establishment. "

Something is going on here.....

We just keep hearing good and bad so we decided to just rent a car for the day and do the 24hr walmart on 192 after the parks the 1st day .That way the only thing we're losing is a little sleep.We are renting from Dollar at GROVSNER across from DTD as we are staying at SSR.Midsize for about $30 can't beat that

Losing credit charging privs is a disturbing bit of info -- enough to get me to completely discount them as a qualified supplier. Whatever they did or didn't do to lose the ability to take credit cards has to be bad enough to find another way to get groceries, at least until they reestablish themselves as reputable.

There is another thread with the same type of problem. I wonder if it was the same day. I would guess they really did have a family emergnacy.

I apears except for this really bad week nothing like this has ever happened before. We do not plan to use wegoshop for the next trip in Jan (we have a car) but I think that I would consider it in the future as long as this type of thing did not continue to happen.

OP, so sorry this happend on your trip. I know it can be hard when things don't get off to a good start.

Having said that I am also sorry and bit concnered for the family that does the wegoshoping. I hope their family emgergncy wasn't a really big one.

Dean said:
If we find out that something really bad happened I think some people are going to feel bad for any complaints or negative comments. However, just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't a justified emergency.

If something bad really did happen, I will feel bad for them, however, I will not feel bad for the negative comments I have made. I have not made any slanderous comments regarding their service, just stated what happened to me. I just feel that communication can solve many a problem.

When my groceries were not delivered on the day promised, they should have called and left me a message that day. If in fact their only problems was with their phone, there is no reason they couldn't deliver my groceries on Saturday (as promised). When I spoke to Eric on Sunday, no reason, other than the broken phone, was given why my groceries weren't delivered. It was obvious they hadn't even shopped for them when it was going to take more than 4 hours for delivery. When it became obvious to them that they weren't going to deliver my groceries, they should have called my cell phone (they had number) to speak to me or to leave message.

I certainly hope there are no serious problems in their family, however, I do feel that this is an issue which should be put forth to DVC members who have deliveries scheduled, or who plan to place an order.

My complaint with them was this past August. No family emergency, just incompetence.
(wrong items, items missing, possibly over charged, etc.)
I was upset that they charged my cc and didn't give me a store receipt (or show it to me). I wonder if not giving the customer a charge slip has anything to do with it?

I know this sounds harsh, but the "family emergency" is not a good excuse. I grew up with a self employed father in a small business. We kept things going through illnesses, deaths etc. You HAVE to or something like this happens, you get a bad rep and business goes downhill in a hurry. It's not the customer's job to worry about your family or give you a break. I know this sound cruel, but it's one of the risks of being a small self employed business that depends on customer relations....

Just because they are no longer accepting credit cards, doesn't mean that they have "lost" their privileges. It may just mean that they are changing banks. It may just mean that they have had problems with bad credit cards being given to them and are temporarily not taking them until they have a better system for taking them.

As for the business issues - sometimes when one thing goes wrong for one customer, it just comes on in an avalanche and several things go wrong, all with the same customer. There have been dozens and dozens and dozens of good reports in the past. If these are just a few bad reports and appear isolated, then give them the benefit of the doubt and allow them to re-prove themselves.

Thanks for the heads up. . . .

We normally make a trip after check in to the grocery store -- had thought about flying on my next trip and using a service---

I will be keeping track of things now :rolleyes:

Just because they are no longer accepting credit cards, doesn't mean that they have "lost" their privileges. It may just mean that they are changing banks. It may just mean that they have had problems with bad credit cards being given to them...
Sorry, but those excuses wouldn't help their case, in my mind. I would expect a business to be sure that they have the new arrangements in place before the let go of the resources they need to run their business. Again, this goes back to the point CarolA made earlier about a business not making their problems the customer's problems.

I agree that bad experiences reported by isolated customers here-and-there can be readily discounted, but something like being unable to take credit cards any longer is a systemic issue, regardless of the excuse they give for it.

There was a time, not that long ago, that they didn't take credit cards. I'm sure I'm remembering correctly. We used them last June and had no problem. We used Netgrocer back in '03 only because I could charge my groceries to my credit card and I couldn't do that with wegoshop. So, I have to wonder if they had a lot of 'issues' with the credit cards being abused. It does cost a lot for a company to use credit cards, especially if they are getting cc's that are bad or not accepted. I'll be following these reports since I have used Becca and Eric in the past and had good service. I would hate to see them have problems that would have them give less than acceptable service.

These days, accepting credit cards is one necessary (but not sufficient) sign of a business' reliability. Not ever having accepted them, I would just discount the vendor as a start-up, and would avoid them because start-ups are generally unreliable (most new businesses fail, etc.) Being that they had been accepting them and now they don't any longer, that sounds sinister to me. They'd be well-advised to get their act together soon.

So I'm back in the market for an alternative to wegoshop.... is there any more established and reliable business that does this in the area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter